Crackhead mayor (Toronto Mayor Rob Ford)

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by DrRingDing, Nov 5, 2013.

1. DrRingDing

DrRingDing 'anti-human wanker'

2. Dexter Deadwood

Dexter Deadwood Left Voluntarily Enforced Holiday Banned

Mab likes this.
  3. Favelado

Favelado Half to the Tower, please.

Marion Barry did this when he was mayor of DC, at a time when the city had a serious crack problem.

frogwoman, Greebo and pogofish like this.
  4. white rabbit

white rabbit Less than zero R.I.P.

I've been known to hit a pipe from time to time, and I'm a perfectly well-functioning and productive member of society. How about some positive crackhead role models? It's not all misery and despair.

5. DrRingDing

Full of it.

An elongated blag.

Crack + carrying that amount of weight = a dead mayor soon.

Badgers likes this.
  6. DrRingDing

It's political correctness gone mad!

dennisr and imposs1904 like this.
  7. Dexter Deadwood

Dexter Deadwood Left Voluntarily Enforced Holiday Banned

He said his admission was "like a thousand pounds had been lifted off his shoulders."

Badgers, Greebo and DrRingDing like this.
  8. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Ironclad Activist

At this point it isn't even the crack that should be the issue. Rob Ford is and always has been a buffoon, he's been shielded by his older brother on council and has had the support of right wing media for years, in spite of having basically accomplished nothing and having been caught out numerous times before breaking the law, berating his opponents and accusing them of conspiracy for any criticism, and generally making an ass of himself.

Mab, dennisr, frogwoman and 1 other person like this.
  9. Graymalkin

10. pesh

pesh Well-Known Member

Boing Boing have been going on about the crackhead mayor all year... nobody seems to have cared till now, except all the people who did obviously.

this ones for you Rob

Greebo likes this.
  11. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

The crack-smoking buffoon has held onto his job this long, I think he might hang on until the election.

[​IMG]

12. Gingerman

Gingerman Is a great bunch of lads.....

13. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

Rob Ford argues against harm reduction strategies:

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...ough-love-is-the-only-way-to-battle-drug-use/

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
    dennisr likes this.
  14. DotCommunist

DotCommunist specter haunting

this fat bastard was on the rolling news this morning. The crackhead fair ruined my second cup of coffee

Frances Lengel likes this.
  15. tar1984

tar1984 write a song, i'll sing along

Frances Lengel and Greebo like this.
  16. DrRingDing

17. Boris Sprinkler

Boris Sprinkler Jizz Lasso

That is some pretty fucking insincere acting.

I think what sticks in my mouth is the fact he represents everything what is bad about politicians and those in power in one bloated caricature. Right wing, check, corpulent, check, ignorant, check check, self obsessed, check, bully, you really could go on and on.
    He really is surplus i do not understand how people like him get elected?

Miss Caphat, Mab and Greebo like this.
  18. DotCommunist

DotCommunist specter haunting

satan imo

19. Idris2002

Idris2002 the liberation forces make movies of their own

20. youngian

youngian Well-Known Member

When crack smoking Washington Mayor Marion Barry was caught, he told the press he had spent so much time looking after other people in his job that he hadn't had time to tend to himself. Now thats the sort of slick bullshit we expect from a Mayor.

21. Ted Striker

Ted Striker Foot's on the other hand

...Or about 25 rocks

22. Frances Lengel

Frances Lengel Atrophied Member Banned

:D

You can pretend you did that on purpose if you want.

dennisr likes this.
  23. Tankus

Tankus living someone else's dream.

Surely he was reaching out to a section of his community in order to understand their needs and wants.

Commendable

If only our politicians had that depth of reach and going that extra mile for the sake of their constituent's on the fringes of their society.

24. Idris2002

http://gawker.com/the-assassination-of-canada-by-the-coward-rob-ford-1459026074/@rtgonzalez

25. Yuwipi Woman

Yuwipi Woman Whack-A-Mole Queen

Greebo likes this.
  26. Idris2002

[​IMG]

:)

imposs1904 and Greebo like this.
  27. Graymalkin

It helps to go back to the 90's and Mike Harris' (Ontario conservative premier 1994ish - 2002) program of amalgamation where all the medium to large municipalities were forced to merge into larger units with their adjacent areas. This downloaded a lot of essential services onto cities and mated more liberal/progressive downtown areas with more conservative suburbs and rural areas. It's the suburbanites who constitute 'Ford Nation', they also form the backbone of Steven Harpers base of support in Ontario. They basically represent suburbanite interests in cutting services and taxes, and in particular with Rob Ford, supporting car culture. One of the biggest debates for Ford was the question of how to expand Toronto's Transit system. Most of council, and anyone sensible for that matter, wanted street level light rail whereas Ford insisted on below ground subway even though it would cost something like three times more and serve half as many people. He opposed LRT because it would have competed with cars, its the same reason he removed perfectly useful bike lanes on some of the major streets.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with him, Ford nation still supports him, in fact some polls suggest his support has risen a bit! But he no longer has the support of his elite backers as signified by the Toronto Sun newspaper (exactly like the paper you folks have in the UK and a long time supporter of Ford) calling for him to step down. This may end up like the Tea party where the entrenched conservative interests loose control of their pawns.

Greebo likes this.
  28. Casually Red

Casually Red tomorrow belongs to me

A crackhead mayor, unbelievable

[​IMG]

Greebo likes this.
  29. Johnny Canuck3

Johnny Canuck3 Well-Known Member

30. elbows

elbows WoeTimer