1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COYFI West Ham United 2017/18

Discussion in 'football' started by Libertad, Jun 26, 2017.

1. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

Surely he's going to find it hard to unilaterally renegotiate the current deal!

2. Silas Loom

Silas Loom The people have spoken, the bastards.

The dildo brothers are very proud of their 99 year watertight exclusive contract, but if Khan wants to fuck with them over policing, safety licenses, access to the stadium and arrangements with TfL, he has a hell of a lot of levers at his disposal.

Badgers likes this.
  3. 1927

Err, he probably doesnt actually.

4. Silas Loom

He's certainly got more than the current managers of the stadium, whom West Ham have pestered with legal action over every aspect of their absurdly generous contract. It would be politically horrendous for Kahn to do what the dildo brothers want, and flog them the stadium for ninepence, so that they can scuttle off chortling and fuck up another club. Especially now he's blamed it all on Boris.

There are all sorts of minor ways in which organisations which depend on Khan for budget approval - but especially TfL and the MPS - could make life tricky for West Ham. I'd be amazed if they weren't on the table when discussions start getting nasty.

Badgers likes this.
  5. 1927

He's hardly going to stop services to Stratford International is he, and policing of events is already covered by the existing agreement, As for safety permits, i'd be amazed of WHU haven't already got that covered in lease as a responsibility of the operator of stadium.

6. Silas Loom

Surely there's still a huge amount of goodwill needed on a day to day basis. For instance, I gather there's an issue about access routes to the stadium when building work on the Olympic site is under way. Anything breaks down if it's run on a "work to rule" basis, and waving a contract at someone while saying that they are now your bitch is never a good look.

7. tommers

tommers Yourdisco needs you

You're presuming that it's us who is the problem. It isn't. We're paying money for 25 days a year rental. It's the other 340 that's causing all this.

Why would selling off the stadium when it is losing £20 million a year be "politically ruinous"? Get that millstone off the taxpayer and let it be somebody else's problem.

They wasted £36 million getting ready for the RWC. I imagine the management company are top of his list rather than us

Badgers and 1927 like this.
  8. 1927

£2.5 M a year for 25 days use isn't stupidly outside of market rate i would have thought. I know the WRU charge £110k for a single use of the MillStad.

9. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

10. agricola

agricola a genuine importer of owls

not seen much of West Ham this season but, based on that performance vs City, is Joe Hart that bad?

tommers likes this.
  11. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Adrian the keeper had a great couple of seasons but went off the boil last year. I don't think Hart has been an improvement. Thought West Hams defending was as good as Manchester Uniteds was yesterday .

12. sealion

sealion If you can't dance just nod your head

I listened to it on radio 5, sounded like a boxing match at times with the end to end attacking and i reckon you deserved a point. That performance will give the players and supporters a much needed boost.

Pickman's model likes this.
  13. tommers

The H List: Man City 2 - 1 West Ham (And Other Ramblings)

Libertad likes this.
  14. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

Good result there then

Pickman's model likes this.
  15. Libertad

Libertad Sweetie

David Moyes, tactical genius. :hmm:

Pickman's model and tommers like this.
  16. tommers

Well. Well. Well.

I didn't know we could play like that.

Chelsea had one great chance with Morata and that was about it wasn't it?

Badgers, agricola and Libertad like this.
  17. Libertad

Libertad Sweetie

Sounded like it, we defended like terriers! Masuaku man of the match! :D

Badgers likes this.
  18. Ponyutd

Ponyutd Greebo likes this....r.i.p.

Fucking hilarious now aint it!

sealion, Badgers and tommers like this.
  19. agricola

Has there been any recent change in personnel that could account for the sudden upturn in form?

LiamO and Badgers like this.
  20. tommers

Steady on. That's the first game we've won since he arrived :). We've certainly shown improvement over the last two games though. Hopefully that 4 nil horrorshow against you lot is the low point of the season.

Hahaha. As if it will be.

Badgers likes this.
  21. tommers

Masuaku was great. I do like him better as a winger. I thought Zabaleta was brilliant. Antonio and Arnautovic. Adrian made a couple of decent stops. Noble, Reid. First time I've seen us play as a team in a while. Really good.

Libertad and Badgers like this.
  22. agricola

I meant more towards the starting eleven, specifically at the top of the teamsheet.

Libertad, tommers and Badgers like this.
  23. tommers

Ah right. A long overdue return. I still have no idea why we loaned Hart.

Badgers likes this.
  24. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

Fucking hilarious mate
    Moyes tactically outwitted Conte and raised your players a gear, even though it cost you a few yellows.

You're still going down with Palace and Man City tho :D

Badgers likes this.
  25. tommers

Goes to show what I know. We're second from bottom.

Another good performance tonight. Another clean sheet. Strange how that's City, Chelsea and Arsenal who have all played crap against us. Almost like it might be something to do with us.

Be interesting to see if we revert to type against Stoke or if this is a genuine corner turned.