1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corinthian-Casuals vs Dulwich Hamlet (5/12/17: London Senior Cup)

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by XV Brigada, Dec 3, 2017.

1. XV Brigada

XV Brigada New Member

The London Senior Cup website has us down to play corinthian-casuals away on Tuesday night, but I can't seem to find any record of it on the DHFC site, anyone know if this game is still on?

mrs quoad likes this.
  2. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

Definitely on.

B.I.G and mrs quoad like this.
  3. XV Brigada

XV Brigada New Member

Great, many heading over? Nearest station is Tolworth (zone 5) which is served by Waterloo towards Chessington South, trains every half hour I believe.

B.I.G likes this.
  4. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Last train for kick off leaves Waterloo 1847, also calls at Vauxhall, Clapham Junction, Wimbledon. Easy if dull walk to the ground, around two thirds of a mile.

Service is only hourly coming back at 43 mins past, so little chance of making the 2143 which is a pain. No pubs near the station either. If only we still had 7.30 kick offs.

editor and B.I.G like this.
  5. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

It has been listed on the completely unofficial auto-updating Google fixture calendar since the game was confirmed.

Instructions on how to add are here - Dulwich Hamlet 2017/18 fixtures published

clog, takkforalt, jnrknight and 2 others like this.
  6. XV Brigada

XV Brigada New Member

Cracking thanks for that!

Just looking at this, it may be worth jumping on a 281 bus to Surbiton from Tolworth Tower, there is a 10:17 non-stop train to Waterloo (less handy for those going to Clapham/Vauxhall)

Pink Panther likes this.
  7. Pink Panther

That's my intention. There are frequent trains back to London from Surbiton, every 8-12 mins or so, and almost all of them call at Clapham. Bus options are the 281, which starts at Tolworth Tower (Stop E on the map linked below) and runs every 10-13 minutes. (A bit of a pain having to navigate the enormous roundabout, but it goes directly to Surbiton Station, scheduled journey time 8 mins.) Or the 406 and 418, both of which call at Stop A near Tolworth Station, but bypass the station on their way through Surbiton, leaving you with a few minutes walk at the other end:

http://content.tfl.gov.uk/bus-route-maps/tolworth.pdf

The 406 & 418 run half-hourly at that time, but personally I'm just going to play it by ear and check live running times on leaving the ground. Either way it should be possible to get back to Clapham/Waterloo before the 2243 leaves Tolworth, even if the match is decided by "kicks from the penalty mark". (No extra time after 90 minutes.)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  8. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

9. Pink Panther

Don't think there's any significant rain due until Thursday so we should be safe there.

10. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Using a bus time app on your smart phone perchance?

pompeydunc and Pink Panther like this.
  11. Pink Panther

Yes! This new-fangled witchcraft/technology is very useful at times. Saves a lot of hanging around when there's an alternative route.

B.I.G likes this.
  12. Bugpowder Dust

Bugpowder Dust Well-Known Member

Can you use oyster to get to Tolworth?

13. pompeydunc

Yes.

14. XV Brigada

XV Brigada New Member

Lovely wee 3-1 win tonight. Sadly couldn't get down there in the end, the cup runs continue!

15. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

That was fun. I like their goalie.

16. mrs quoad

mrs quoad usage breakfast sausage breakfast sa

It’s not witchcraft, fwiw.

It’s mostly clever algorithms, combined with good (often real-time) information sources :thumbs:

Edit: and the internet.

17. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Have to say Google maps proved itself far superior to the swishy Citymapper app that didn't offer the cunning bus to Surbiton option.

18. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

He was alright though bit of a butter finger for the goals.

Does anyone know how the guy that stretched off is? Unless he was the bloke in the bar on crutches after the match.
    Also their number 5 recovered well after being blasted in the crown jewels.
    "He's got two balls in his hand"

Need to add another quality penalty save by Preston, though he was gutted at the end when they scored in the last minute because he had a good game.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    pompeydunc, darryl and Lucy Fur like this.
  19. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

20. clog

clog have that you c

I’ve added this to my google calendar but I cannot get it to display on my phone, no idea why... has anyone else had this problem? (iPhone of course)

21. pompeydunc

Not sure about iPhone, but on my Android you need to go into settings, find the option with the list of calendars and check the boxes of the ones you want to display.

22. clog

clog have that you c

Same on iPhone but for some reason the DHFC calendar wasn't coming up! But, I did manage to get it to add by using the ics link which I found in calendar settings on the desktop https://calendar.google.com/calenda...90@group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

Hurrah!

pompeydunc likes this.