1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coolist squat party locations

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by Fidel, Oct 19, 2006.

1. JTG

JTG Angry about not being able to be an astronaut.

Me and space-hopper went to a party two years ago at Winspit Caves in Dorset - basically it was an old quarry on the channel coast with lots of caves dug out of the cliffs creating about four seperate arenas for partying.

We watched the sun come up across the channel and watched speedboats coming out of Poole Harbour to investigate what was happening - they cruised past being waved at by hundreds of munters dancing on top of the cliffs and on little ledges on the cliffs themselves.

It was wicked, one of my fondest party memories :)

2. Paulie Tandoori

Paulie Tandoori shut it you egg!

There have been so many, so much fun, this one captures the reason why as much as any i've come across here, don't know who or why...

[​IMG]

3. Giles

Giles Well-Known Member

Cool pics!

Good parties both of em.

In both cases I wasn't there til the day after the first night, owing to having been somewhere else first (Undertow in the case of the Jamestown Road one, and some outdoor party way south of London, which got closed down by the cops in the morning, the Garlic Hill one).

Giles..

4. zenie

zenie >^^<

5. Dan U

Dan U Boompty

he's a bad man :rolleyes:

wicked pics as ever hyb.

6. Hyb

Hyb idle

7. zenie

zenie >^^<

Was speaking to the wrongun last night- you shoot these in film or digi?

BTW You staying in London this weekend? :p

8. Dubversion

Dubversion Gorn Enforced Holiday

i LOVE it there. didn't know they had proper parties, used to be just some pissed kids round a bonfire.

9. went to a place in clink street by the london dungeons about 8 years ago, amazing place, just massive arched rooms the size of football pitches, very dark though

some swimming pool in fullham which the police stopped but they it was in a residental area so I am not suprised

old hostel in hoxton just down from the 333 and blue note

The first place I remember going to was an old hospital emergency vehical place somewhere near stoke newington I think, back in the late 80's, saw rdf and citizan fish play there,

10. brixtonvilla

brixtonvilla should be Oslovilla, really

The Vicarage, Lynton Rd, Bermondsey, 95, 96ish. Happy memories...

11. Sunray

Sunray Its sunny somewhere.

That looks very much like the one in Garlic Hill all the years ago....

12. maes

maes nomad maenad

It is Garlic Hill!

13. Dan U

Dan U Boompty

the wrongun :mad: :rolleyes:

14. zenie

zenie >^^<

If the shoe fits mate ;) :p

15. JTG

JTG Angry about not being able to be an astronaut.

Well it was put on by the Fish Seeks Bicycle crew from Bournemouth who largely seem to do nights at the Opera House and whatnot. For this one I believe they had the landowner's permission but never did any more because the locals didn't like it much.

Best outdoor party I've ever been to - only downer was the chill at dawn (it was September), we even found spacey's digital camera after he'd left it by a fire :)

16. Hyb

Hyb idle

Wrongun indeed :D

A mixture of compact digi and a Lomo LC-A. I don't think either of my SLR's will be seeing any squats unfortunately.

I might be popping into town this weekend, but not for the evening..

17. zenie

zenie >^^<

18. LDR

LDR kiwitanga

About 97 I went to to a party in the Clapham Grand when it was squatted which was brilliant.

I'd never been to Clapham before.

19. free spirit

free spirit more tea vicar?

with difficulty - determined bunch us ravers like;)

best thing was once we were in there it was virtually impossible to tell there was anything going on from the outside, so no police all night!

20. salem

salem Well-Known Member

There was a cool one about 2 years ago in some old swimming baths on Hornsey Road. Rig set up in the pump room with loads of old machinery and tea light candles in gaps in the wall.

21. jbk

jbk New Member

Great to find this forum whilst on a 90's reminisce. I used to be a regular at some free parties at the University of Kentish Town buildings, run by Unsound. '95-'96 was when i was going it think. Sadly I have no pics of those days and I'm not in touch with my old raving mate that I used to go with to chat about it all. Would love to hear from anyone else that used to get to these events. There was even one night where we took over a local church for a truly sacreligious night. Amazing times and memories.

RubyToogood likes this.
  22. Ralph Llama

Ralph Llama Fuck the system.

One of my fave squat parties was - the Dirty Circus christmas party... reading ... can`t remember the year but it was an entire industrial estate technival affair... with a bit of creative door creation in-between units... Panik had just rebuilt their rig . Was amaaaaazing.

think this might be it ... courtesy of the munters

For unusual wackiness though... churches, a dairy filled with functioning milk floats, a disused mining building half way up Snowden, where they stored the queen jewels during the war (dont quote me on that) beneath Snowden in a bunker, a police station, a scientific lab used for wrong research etc.
    Punk wise recently the ratstar had some good gigs, we had a nice site leaving party in Shoreham waste tip ... Bristol was always good for punk too .. really liked Spanner and big up the Primeval Ooze

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  23. Ralph Llama

one of the`creative doors` @ 5.20 in that vid... shit i`ve just watched that 3 times

24. blossie33

blossie33 trailer trash

:D

25. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

More of this please :D

26. Ralph Llama

Innit.... the kids ain`t towing the line ATM, the future might be OAP rave :/

Basically. We need rave !

blossie33 likes this.
  27. cozmikbrew

cozmikbrew Bass case

Gawd memorie banks are shocking,not suprisingly considering the subject matter:D:facepalm: Right,Priory Grove School in Stockwell,wicked venue,coupla memorables there mi mate Stuart put on,shame the pillocks living round it were weighing it in while it was still being used:mad: Mad couple in a railway tunnel nr Market Harborough,pitch black cant see ya feet till stepping into the light:)ha mate had us cracking up one morning looking down the tunnel exclaining ''what the fucks that big light??'' ah thatd be the sunrise:D Rougham Quarry nr Mansfiled,red sandstone,looked like the Mars surface,complaints from the near5by,well about 5 miles i think,Centre Parks,Paniks huge great scaffold of a rig was pointing that way:facepalm::DWas the local quad an scramble bike fans Sunday meet up,saw this geezer on a quad try an take this huge slope with a dirty great puddle at the bottom of it,just at the top aaaaand flipped backwards into 3 foot of gunge:facepalm:dont think he appreciated the massed deranged party folks hilarity:DNice intimate having it one in a squatted basnk in Burnley,too many to mention or remember wharehouses around Sheff,good few in Notts,but the most bizzare was pre Raving,a Punk fest in a Hospital building attached to Leeds Uni,was as if one day everyone disappeared:hmm:operating theatre totally intact,big kitchen with all those huge ovens an mixing machines an sooo much stainless an ali!,cupboards full of things like bedding and light bulbs,loadsa tripping Punx hurtling round on wheelchairs an beds,having races,strange place,and mi brains frozen:rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  28. Mordi

Mordi Amoral adventurist

Anything that borders railways gets my vote. Little makes you smugger than the sight of a train fulling of commuters getting a bleary eyeful of what they're missing*.

*munters in a field

Chemical needs and tendril like this.
  29. Ralph Llama

My m8s used to `occupy` London underground trains, chain the sound-system down and hand out spliffs and pills to the commuters :D
    Never got busted :thumbs:

Chemical needs likes this.