1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coolist squat party locations

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by Fidel, Oct 19, 2006.

1. dweller

dweller muthafuckin snakes

most memorable...

The roundhouse in chalk farm.
    I knew some of the wastoids squatting that place
    terribly proper south hampstead school for girls girls
    gone skaggy with fake cockney accents to match.
    But the party crew (ie not them) moved in
    and had the place all winter.

That massive 4 floor office building near bow
    (toilets were rank, but the building was unreal just HUGE).
    A great new years eve there I remember arriving about 6am and from the street it was just this massive looming block with coloured lights beaming out the windows,
    like something from Close Encounters.

2. mtbskalover

mtbskalover drive,ski,drive,ski

sounds dam awesome,
    i guess im in the wrong part of da UK and no the wrong peeps for these party's

3. Mooncat

Mooncat Hug me - I'm vaccinated

Went to a party in a FUCKING HUGE building somewhere in the East End after J day one year. This big old Post Office building. They had lifts and pallet trucks to move the rig-around. :cool: Trouble was - the place looked the same all all the floors so if there wasn't a rig in the room you were fucked. Got lost for about an hour till we realised the door we were pushing needed to be pulled :oops:

4. Fidel

Fidel Dono de Pousada

I went to a nice old pub squat once in Bethanal green, but they were playing trance so ending nodding off in the van..

Anyone else go to a dole office squat I think in Wilesden, behind a station, maybe Christmas 96 or 97, masive reggae rig on floor one, Bedlam floor two, 3rd floor funky soul complete with sofas, table football, and a bar selling white russians. Competely random and fucked up niceness

5. upsidedownwalrus

upsidedownwalrus RIP R.I.P.

One of my favourite squat party memories was of one in waterloo, around early 2000, where we were approaching the party, an absolute stonker on about 10 floors with about 50 sound systems, when some italian 'types' walked up to us, pointed to it and said "Is that the rave?"

It was just hilarious the way they said it, as if there was any doubt that that was the fucking rave. It was as though they thought London was this huge massive party connurbation, and it could have been possible that the stonkfest were were heading to was not in fact the one they were looking for, and there was another, similarly huge one, nearby...

6. Fidel

Fidel Dono de Pousada

I only went once though a cool venue found it a little bit too much 'rightous' hippy (at least the door dudes), the party was a bit dire that night too, so we moved on to a squatted club on a side street off Old Street which wasnt a bad venue.

7. Supine

Supine Rough Like Badger

Furniture shop parties - mansfield rd nottingham were great

So was the bank party next to the ice rink. I may have played a part in finding that one :)

Old Mill parties nr Canning Circus nottingham were great. 2 minutes from my house.

cozmikbrew likes this.
  8. cyberfairy

cyberfairy http://unicycle-emptiness.co.uk/

The quasar building on corner of Frobisher rd, where i used to live, Turnpike Lane, North London. Lots of narrow tunnels:cool:
    The bingo hall in Wood Green-bingo tables so cool for skinning up on and lots of notices telling people to be kind to the building cos it was listed or something. And people took notice

9. Onket

Onket Je suis [CONTENT REMOVED]

Yep, that one too. I ended up working for a company just behind that place afterwards. It's still empty at the moment I think.

Another good one was that tower of an office block just next to Moorgate tube.

There's more, it's just that K ruins your memory innit!

10. Moggy

Moggy Fair enough

Yes! :D

That was a cracker of a location, was talking to someone just the other day about this party. Best view i've ever seen from the roof, albeit a hazardous climb up there when utterly twatted, you could see across the whole city :cool:

11. boohoo

boohoo Part-time Cat

Cinema Camden
    Party in a few houses by the river Lea/navigational canel with people going onto the river in a boat.
    Quarry - Dagenham
    Camberwell Grove parties.

12. Moggy

Moggy Fair enough

MTV building in camden...
    Thames water facility in straftford...

13. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

I did like where scumtek 2 was, down by the river with that huge barrier that had this logo on it.

[​IMG]

14. cyberfairy

cyberfairy http://unicycle-emptiness.co.uk/

Looks like a council recycling logo:p

15. Moggy

Moggy Fair enough

Is my memory hazy or wasn't there a massive wall thing that looked like half a demolished building at scumtek 2? Brilliant party, managed to find an 'alternative' route there, which we thought would be a short cut.

It involved climbing over barbed wire and shit into a massive brewery, over a massive stack of metal barrels only to be chased out by security the other side :oops: :D

Seemed like a good idea at the time! :D

16. Dan U

Dan U Boompty

what a shit storm that caused :D
    ken livingstone and his 'pens' to nick all people leaving raves idea.
    cause were all criminal scumbags

scumtek2 was one of the darkest parties ive been to. proper wrong shit went on there :mad:

17. Moggy

Moggy Fair enough

Shame about the incident at that party though, what with someone pulling a gun and everything.

An off-topic but worthwhile mention goes to what is now the 'white post centre' when they were doing parties there a good few years back, since they had a Metal Slug arcade machine in one room with unlimited lives activated :D

What happened? Me and my mates had a brilliant time and didn't see anything bad going on at all, but other people have mentioned loads of bad shit which we must have just managed to miss :confused:

18. sleaterkinney

I tell you what, when you've walked for about an hour through barking at one in the morning wondering if this party was on and you turn into a field and hear this thump thump thump thump and saw that lit up. :cool:
    It's a logo for the Environmental Agency.

19. Onket

Onket Je suis [CONTENT REMOVED]

I've got some pics from the roof somewhere............

20. xes

xes F.O.A.D

it was kind of on the runway (or what ever you call it) to the fly-over IIRC. Can't be anymore correct than that cos it was ages ago and I was off my tiny box.

21. sleaterkinney

:eek: Didn't hear about that but got the usual hassle...

22. Moggy

Moggy Fair enough

In the morning time this guy we met who randomly happened to have his climbing gear in the boot of his car abseiled down the top of that building too to hang a massive skull & crossbones flag :cool:

23. Moggy

Moggy Fair enough

Yeah, some crack dealers had some spat or something, the music got turned off briefly while it was sorted out if i remember right. No one got hurt though.

24. Dan U

Dan U Boompty

biggest mug fest going - i know lots of people who got beat for there stuff, men and women.

plus untold other fights and beatings - some v serious.

goes with the territory sadly when you've got no door crew.

25. Skumtek 1 was quite a hoot...

[​IMG]

felt like a proper " outdoor " party yet it was deepest hackney!

.p.

26. And going to places where the bar has this on the menu....:confused:

[​IMG]

I`ve too many places / venues / fields / other countries rattling round my head whilst reading this thread!

Don`t know the " coolest " place but the hottest was half way down a cliff in Ibiza with our system and a wicked crowd!

.p.

27. zog

zog wants to be an aardvark

I sometimes wish i got down to london more often.

My faves:

In a field (sharing with the cows) next to llanwern steelworks - free lightshow

A disused milkfloat warehouse. the floats still had a bit of charge left in em.

and a fair few up trefil. lunar landscape in the quarry, but in the morning the view over the becons is nice.

28. blossie33

blossie33 trailer trash

Off the top of my head, Barking Barrier party as others have said, the NYE party at the big building next to North Acton station - it seemed so posh in there, there were loads of rooms and there was a great dawn view out of the large windows.
    Gants Hill and Hoe Street cinemas.
    Jerome Engineering at Carpenters Road and the outside space next to it.

29. maes

maes nomad maenad

yeah, me too :(

30. aurora green

aurora green Tectonic

I have to admit to finding it hard to remember individual locations...

Stopped going to parties around 2002...But before then was out every week.

The best venues imo always had an outdoor space, and a fire, or easy access to a good roof. Used to loved the stunning views of a morning...

One of the best places I remember was at Tottenham Hale, absolutely massive, indoors and outdoors, loads of rigs...

Waterdon road of course, has a special place in my heart..was never too fond of cinemas, didn't like a slopey dance floor.

Seems hard to imagine now but I always used to enjoy squashing myself
    through the stairs laughing and joking with everyone, back in the days when it was all safe....

...and I always kind liked that bit of Sundays where you try and work out where the fuck you are and how to god you're going to get home, and tentatively travel through the world in that numbed and happy state...