Consultation on Lambeth’s draft new Statement of Licensing Policy - total waste of time

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, Sep 12, 2018.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

This is just fucking gibberish. You're asked to give your verdict on things before the licensing policy is even explained.

The email:
    And the first page of the survey:

2018-09-12_153208.jpg
    Have your say on Lambeth’s Draft New Statement of Licensing Policy | Lambeth Council

Gramsci likes this.
  2. discobastard

discobastard ____*\(oo)/*____

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

4. discobastard

That’s pretty dumb.

5. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

And the document is 61 pages long and is full of unintelligible or unfriendly council-speak.

6. Gramsci

Gramsci Well-Known Member

I notice that divergence between planning and licensing is noticed. If planning give less hours than licensing then shorter hours apply.

I don't like the way the draft policy integrates proposed policy with immigration enforcement. Making licensed venues check peoples immigration status if they want to work at venue.

I see little on enforcement. Nothing on bringing back the late night noise team.

Its all very well be having policies to safeguard local residents from disturbance. But if they aren't enforced makes whole exercise in updating licensing regs pointless.

editor likes this.
  7. discobastard

I was under the impression that all businesses have to check a potential employee's right to work status.

8. Gramsci

Gramsci Well-Known Member

Lambeth are making a big song and dance about it in the draft policy.

Yes due to the to fascistic government employers / landlords and NHS are already , in theory, expected to check peoples immigration status.

I agree unfortunately its a given so why Council go on about it as part of licensing objectives is beyond me. Its unnecessary as its already covered by other legislation.

Immigration enforcement should not be included in licensing policy.

Particularly in Lambeth. As draft policy makes great play on how "diverse" Lambeth is.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    editor likes this.