1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Considering moving to Bristol

Discussion in 'Bristol and South West' started by JasonKara, Mar 27, 2017.

1. JasonKara

JasonKara New Member

Hello there, I'm currently living in Athens-Greece and i'm thinking bout moving to Bristol for a fresh start. I was born in Wales ( Mother is welsh ) so i've got the british passport and citizenship.

I'm a freelance illustrator and a drummer (30 years old), so my main concern is finding the right place that combines both. A community of musicians(rehearsal spaces, live bars/clubs) and creative people of all sorts ( screen printing shops, art galleries, hangouts etc).

Ideally an area where u can get around easily by bicycle, close to parks, friendly people, active during the day and night so I can mingle easier since I wont know anyone there.

Oh and the cheaper the better obviously :)

Thanks in advance !
    Jason

2. kalidarkone

kalidarkone Up to my knees in amniotic fluid

Easton sounds like it would suit you but it's not cheap. In fact all the places in Bristol that are similar to what you want are not cheap.

Pickman's model likes this.
  3. xenon

xenon What door?

Yep. You've got all that but not cheap. Well relative innit. Unless you want to live right out of town. There's various Facebook groups for areas of Bristol. I'm on the BS3 one. That's Bedminster, Southville, Knowle, Tottadown, just south of the city centre. The FB group is a bit wanky TBH. But you might get an idea of accommodation availability / price.

4. kropotkin

kropotkin libcom

I'm in BS3 too, but it sounds like what you want would be Montpellier or St Werburghs

5. Riklet

Riklet procrastinación

Bristol is so 2012. Full of peeps who have 'moved to Bristol'.

I would move somewhere else and make it cool and alternative instead. Bristol is now well expensive and parts are just a hilarious bubble.

Ok i am a cynical Bathonian it must be said, all my mates love Bristol.