1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Condensate peg missing from boiler flue-any heating engineers or timber experts out there

Discussion in 'suburban75' started by panpete, Mar 19, 2017.

1. MadeInBedlam

MadeInBedlam 'He bloody well thinks he's staff!'

:rolleyes:

2. nogojones

nogojones Well-Known Member

But the wasps might sue as their young contracted asthma from the damp conditions

3. SheilaNaGig

SheilaNaGig Struggling and striving

So Im going to look at this another way.

We love you panpete. That's for sure.

When I hear people worrying about This thing, or about That thing, I wonder how That actual Thing refers back to the person.

Because houses come and go, we come and go. The houses last longer than we do. We move out of the houses and have other lives.

So if you're worrying about rot.... are you worrying being rotted and undermined and invaded? By the anxiety?

TikkiB, Rutita1 and Mrs Miggins like this.
  4. MadeInBedlam

Be kind to yourself Pete.

The perception of risk, and the perception of duty - that you MUST act or else something bad will happen... they are just that - perceptions. It's not your duty to manage every possible danger, and it would be impossible anyway.

Being kind to yourself, giving yourself some slack - they are moral imperatives.

Be kind to yourself

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    panpete and nogojones like this.
  5. twentythreedom

twentythreedom COG SOG AWA TWA AWS TWS VMG

There's nothing to worry about in the attic pete, please believe us, we care there are no problems up there, nothing bad is going to happen as a result of your boiler etc. It will be ok

panpete and MadeInBedlam like this.
  6. SheilaNaGig

Fuck em. Wasps are pretty selfish, I reckon.

7. twentythreedom

twentythreedom COG SOG AWA TWA AWS TWS VMG

Wasps are fucking arseholes :mad:

003_03312014_11-15.png

panpete, Libertad and maomao like this.
  8. nogojones

and having seen quite a few pictures of your loft now I can assure you I'm suffering from loft envy. Showing off your perfectly fine loft at any opportunity

BassJunkie likes this.
  9. Mrs Miggins

Mrs Miggins Trainee Kiwi

Oops!!
    Um....so walking round a park with your headphones on may not be the best thing to do :D

SheilaNaGig likes this.
  10. SheilaNaGig

Ah got ma pitbull, i riding

Mrs Miggins likes this.
  11. SheilaNaGig

(thats not hactually the truth. Im fighting a deadline here. got an article to finish up. They only gave me 1500 words but its really going to take twice that to make the argument theyve commissioned.)

Mrs Miggins likes this.
  12. BassJunkie

BassJunkie devotees straight on

If that loft wasn't ventilated I'd expect it would be dripping with condensation. It's not. Therefore it's ventilated and there's no problem. I too wish the loft in my house looked so good.

ViolentPanda and panpete like this.
  13. Cid

Cid Degenerate Scum

Yeah your loft is the loft we all wish we had.

panpete likes this.
  14. panpete

panpete Blokes name, birds body.

Thank you

15. panpete

Does that nest look old and do wasps return to the same nest each year. Thanks

16. Cid

Cid Degenerate Scum

Pretty sure they don't.

17. panpete

Thanks

18. MadeInBedlam

No worries, just go easy on yourself. You're clearly an intelligent and conscientious person, I hope you can find a way to overcome your problems.

19. panpete

Thank you for your kind words.

20. nogojones

I'm pretty sure they like a new one each year

panpete likes this.
  21. MadeInBedlam

Been (and to a small extent still am) in a similar position. I know how much bigger my life has become, and how much more useful I am to others, for having been able to worry less.

It's hard because it's so unintuitive. When you have thoughts in your head, which you don't want and can't escape from, telling you a 'bad thing' is going to happen unlsss you stop it, and that you 'must' stop it, it doesn't seem right to stop worrying. But it is right. You have no duty to manage every hypothetical risk.

Those who haven't lived with this can't really understand - hence the 'get a hobby' comments.

panpete likes this.
  22. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Hardly getting over it.

1) Your flat roof above your boiler will ventilate without eaves. Roofs are not hermetically-sealed environments, they're multi-part assemblages that are rain-tight but not air-tight.

2) Even if your insulation were blocking the eaves, it wouldn't stop the eaves serving their purpose because insulation is porous to air. Ventilation will occur through it.

3) Why do you think the timber is rotten, because it's discoloured? If it were rotten, given that it's part of a roof support, it would at the very least be bowed. As it is, it looks like a reinforcement for the main support, that's got some sawdust on it.

panpete and MadeInBedlam like this.
  23. panpete

This post makes so much sense to me.
    I feel as if I cannot cope with even the smallest tasks at the moment.
    I've lost loads of weight and am still losing it.
    I find everything really stressful.
    I've got a lot going on, its currently revolving around my leasehold flat, but I don't want to go into the ins and outs of that as it will just upset me more.
    I do feel like I need loads of reassurance about things and I know it must get on peoles nerves and i am really sorry for this.

24. panpete

Thanks for this info.

MadeInBedlam likes this.
  25. panpete

duplicate post