Combating hopelessness

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by friendofdorothy, Jul 6, 2015.

1. friendofdorothy

friendofdorothy it is so much worse than Thatcherism now

hello Mr Llama and welcome to urban. Though I'd generally advise against first time posters diving straight into the politics forum as it can be rough here.

The opening post is from a while back and a lot has happened in UK politics since 2015. This thread has rather floundered since with only a few ideas about what to actually do.

Can you expand a bit? when you say 'this happens' and 'when it happens' which part of my post are you refering to and what do you think the 'depressing reasons why' are. Which 'movement' do you think is working?

I don't know a lot about US politics, though I do think the US has some weird ideas, especially on democracy. What is democracynow (good/bad?)

2. Ralph Llama

Ralph Llama Fuck the system.

Hello and nice to be here. Hope you can bear my gramma..

This happens - "Defeatism" hopelesness and confusion. A down trodden state of cynical detachment, which, personally, leads to apathy because Im completely cynical about any idea . In society , imo, it leads to apathy also.

Why this happens atm? Imo the public relations industry creates a kind of illusion which appeals to the downtrodden state. Its quite invasive. I`m not shure anyone really understands how deep into your mind and how much of your reality consists of institutional conditioning and whats left of yourself to think indipendantly or co-operatevly outside the common symapthy.This can be quite distressing.

The web has challenged the PR industries(and most peoples ideals thank fuck) but they (PR) seem to be stepping up the game , and its quite confusing for a lot of people aparrently . The conspiracy theorys are coming back, usually laced with rightwing sentiment reflected in a Holywood blockbuster.
    Witnessing this kind of thing can be despiriting in its own right.

i`m quite depressed now

anyway a reliable indipendant daily hour long broadcast staffed by well known radical journalists like democracynow.org (good... well established) could solve a lot of these issuses.

The obtusness of `the movment` was intended... i mean everything to left ... socalsim. I am an anarchist . I mean when it came to it in Spain all others sucked the bits of capitalism, so personaly would favour a more imidiate solution, but i`ll hand those leaflets out to:thumbs:

friendofdorothy likes this.
  3. vanya

vanya Well-Known Member

Reasons to be cheerful

All That Is Solid ...: The Last Days of the Conservative Party?

friendofdorothy likes this.