1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Combating hopelessness

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by friendofdorothy, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Celyn

Celyn Well-Known Member

On second thoughts, forget it, Happy Larry. As Rutita1 said, take your discussion somewhere else.

Libertad and Rutita1 like this.
  2. Tom A

Tom A Goat among sheep

I must say that the past few days of witnessing the train wreck of the Tory conference, and the accompanying demonstrations and direct actions have done a lot to lift my spirits. Hope it's the same for many others too :)

3. krink

krink I'll do it this afternoon

Yes friendofdorothy I must join in and say May's nightmare has given even me something to be cheery about too. I almost felt sorry for her it was so bad!!!

4. TopCat

TopCat Gone away, no forwarding address

5. friendofdorothy

friendofdorothy it is so much worse than Thatcherism now

As I said I think you are mislead and should stop reading the Mail.
    Our govt is ruthlessly trying the force people off sickness/disability benefits by a cruel system of reassessments - at a profit to private companies ATOS and Maximus and at much cost to the tax payer. Our 'welfare' budget overwhelmingly goes into proping up proftable companies who pay minimum wage and into the pockets of private landlords .

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  6. Happy Larry

Happy Larry Member

Like the other assumptions in your post, this one couldn't be more incorrect.

I haven't read a copy of the Mail for years.

7. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

You're banned from this thread too.