1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coldharbour Lane, Brixton - news and updates

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, Jul 22, 2014.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Sounding worryingly vibrant and edgy is The Yard which has just appeared opposite the Barrier Block.

2017-10-11_171631.jpg

The three storey building was recently sold for nearly a million quid, with the usual flat conversions going on, but I've no idea what The Yard is going to be. There's nowt about it in the planning application...

17/04496/FUL | Erection of a part single, part two storey rear extension; Creation of a self-contained studio residentail unit to rear of ground floor behind retained A1/A2 unit. Alterations to shopfront. | 340 Coldharbour Lane London SW9 8QH

2. alcopop

alcopop Well-Known Member

3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Oh fucking hell. It's worse than I thought. A fucking silent disco in a tiny empty shop. And they're charging £22 for people to stand about with headphones and no doubt gawk at the social housing opposite.

I wish they'd fuck off.

4. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

This south African meat-shifting lot seem to be involved in The Yard's upcoming venture
    biltongbros

5. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

So they've opened up offering 'live music, live graffiti (edgy!), craft beer and cider."

How did they get a drinks licence for this?

2017-10-13_190631.jpg

madolesance likes this.
  6. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

They have got it though https://planning.lambeth.gov.uk/online-applications/simpleSearchResults.do?action=firstPage
    17/00918/TEN | Temporary Event Notice | Current Licence | Shop 340 Coldharbour Lane London SW9 8QH

According to the licensing record above the application is still being assessed by the Met Police

Gramsci and editor like this.
  7. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

8. The Fornicator

The Fornicator Well-Known Member

They'll be really grateful for all this free publicity!

9. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I'm sure a few posts here will have sent their cash tills ringing like never before, such is the power of this thread.

PS It was empty when I went by on Saturday. :facepalm:

10. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Chang Tai at 401 Coldharbour Lane (a few doors up from the Dogstar) has been repossessed.

2017-10-19_195314.jpg

I took a look at the bailiff's site and it's really poorly written.
    What a scummy business to be in.
    Forfeiture | Madagans