1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coldharbour Lane, Brixton - news and updates

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, Jul 22, 2014.

1. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

Is it Southern Gas Networks digging up Gresham Road at night to get double pay?

organicpanda likes this.
  2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Maybe they're digging it up so that future tenants at The Edge will be able to cut their own groove with gas in their ultra-expensive apartments?

I think they stopped around 12.30am.

3. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

Anyone noticed the dog running around opposite the Barrier Block with what looks like a drain cover round its neck?
    Is this a new canine fashion statement, a novelty deinfestation process or a form of animal cruelty?

4. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Oh, that dog is usually seen scuttling around Windrush Square. It seems to have a liking for random bits of street furniture.

5. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

They yoot are getting in early with their firework missiles from the Barrier Block this year.

6. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Kicked off outside the domino club. Eight cop cars in attendance.

7. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

They want to watch it.

With Rachel on suspension and the Lambeth "People's Audit" due up on the Sunday Politics (it is rumoured) the Honorable Member for Finance (Cllr P McGlone) might be casting around for another asset to sell. A pair of semi detached villas in Coldharbour Lane must be worth £2 million - even to Lexadon.

Gramsci and editor like this.
  8. bimble

bimble Is it Spring yet?

Re domino club, just remembered that on Sunday night tried to go in there and they were charging entry money (£3 i think it was) and searching bags. Never seen that before.
    We didn't go in in the end but wonder what that's about, if its somehow connected with the above or if I just didn't know that things have changed recently.
    Didn't seem any busier than usual at all, no special event on far as I could tell.

9. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

I suspect all late venues can be required to have security staff who might be called upon to search bags.
    Maybe the police warned the club management following the incident on Saturday.

About 7 years ago there was a problem with the Medussa (sic) in the railway arches opposite.
    The police produced some very hair raising hearsay evience to the licensing committee.
    This ended up with the Medussa being required to put in an "arch" after their license review.
    Then they closed down.

I guess with these shebeene type places it's a balancing act between attracting customers and avoiding things going wrong.