Coach Travel to Bath City (18/8/18)

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by DHST, Aug 9, 2018 at 12:21 PM.

1. DHST

DHST Active Member

The Supporters' Trust will be organising coaches this season for distant away games and fixtures that may be effected by rail closures.

We will be running a coach to Bath City on the 18 August and bookings have already been taken.

Prices will be £20, £15 concessions (Pensioners and U18's) with a £5 reduction on your ticket if you are a current member of the Trust.

Bookings can be made at the Trust shop at Saturday's game by full payment in advance.

If you are unable to book at Saturdays game or wish to book online, please email Info@dhst.org.uk for alternative arrangements.

Times are to be confirmed shortly, but the coach will be leaving from East Dulwich.

2. mick mccartney

mick mccartney Well-Known Member

sorry , but 9 days notice isn't enough . Toby and I ALWAYS travelled by Dooleybus , but for Bath we've already booked train tickets , you basically have to book a fortnight in advance to get a decent price . it would be helpful if you could let us know now which games you are likely to be running coaches to .

3. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Cheapest adult train fare is £17.50 each way from Paddington to Bath booked in advance for specific services. Then you have get to Paddington and get to the ground which is around 3 miles from Bath Spa station.

Bath is a great destination for a weekend away, but accommodation is generally expensive.

The DHST coach will certainly be the cheapest way of getting to the match and back, and easiest if you're ok with adhering to a schedule.

Personally I'll be travelling by train, using day return tickets and splitting the tickets at Didcot, which works out at around £37 in total with a Network Card discount for the Paddington to Didcot leg. I would imagine most people determined to make a day of it will already have booked up.

Oldfield Park is the closest station to the ground, around 15 minutes walk or just under 1 mile. There are also frequent bus services from the city centre to the ground. It's a lovely old non-league ground and well worth a visit if you're able to get there one way or another.

4. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Fair play, when it's due.

I've said for a long time that the Supporters' Trust should be organising away travel, as lots of other Supporters' Trusts do at other clubs, when there is no 'traditional' supporters' club or travel club in place. So well done to the Trust for finally stepping up and taking on this important function for fans.

Though, for this first trip to Bath City, I do agree it is very short notice, and a number of fans who might well have been tempted by the coach will have now booked their cheap train tickets in advance. There needs to be ample notice for fans to plan and know which away games will have the option of coach travel to. I fear that this first Trust Bus will lose a fair few quid, but with the support over the season, shouldn't run at a loss over the whole campaign.

It would be nice to know what time the departure time is, and possible expected arrival at the ground, as fans also need to know these in advance to decide if they can go by coach or not.

I, for one, prefer train travel, but will always go by supporters coach, if that is an option, as I like to support these ventures, which makes away matches more accessible for those on limited budgets, or who are less mobile.

With regard to the DOOLEY BUS, may I offer my grateful thanks to Shaun Dooley, and his team of helpers. Shaun has been doing buses to select away matches for at least five or six seasons, a thankless task, for which you very rarely get thanks for! I am sure he will enjoy his 'retirement' and have a few more jars on our travels as result. Well deserved!

SDE, Matt The Cab, baleboy_93 and 6 others like this.
  5. the 12th man

the 12th man Well-Known Member

Just bumping this back up!
    Get in touch at the email address above.
    Still spaces available, it departs Champion Hill at 10.30am!

6. DHST

DHST Active Member

Firstly, we are sorry for the relatively short notice, we would have liked to have announced it earlier however, this was not possible for a number of reasons.

The decision for us to take over the coach travel was only made at the first meeting of our new board on 24th July. As we have not put on coach travel before, the preparation and organisation took longer than normal as there were a number of factors that needed consideration and discussion.

We are aware the announcement to run a coach this Saturday to Bath City may have come after a number of supporters had made other arrangements. Going forward we intend to confirm coaches atleast two weeks prior to the fixture.

Bath City

Tickets are priced at £20 for adults, £15 for concessions (Pensioners and U18's). Trust members will benefit from a £5 reduction on their ticket.

There will be a raffle on board with a range of prizes, so please do come along with some spare change. As part of our commitment to supporting both the club and other local causes all profits from the raffle will be split between the 12th Man fund and the clubs’ official charity partner for this season, Redthread, who work with young victims of serious violence across the UK (www.redthread.org.uk).

Bookings can be made online by emailing Info@dhst.org.uk. Alternatively, you can book a ticket directly if you are attending the 12th Man quiz night at the East Dulwich Tavern on Thursday evening. Please speak to a Save Dulwich Hamlet or DHST representative on the night.

Future Coaches

At present we are looking to offer coaches to the following matches:

Truro City (Torquay) - 10th November
    Gloucester City - 22nd December
    Eastbourne Borough - 1st January
    Concord Rangers - 2nd February
    Torquay United - 23rd February
    Oxford City - 23rd March
    Chippenham Town - 6 April
    Weston Super-Mare - 27th April

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018 at 9:06 AM