Coach Travel - Eastbourne Away (FA Cup) 6 October

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by DHST, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Well I think the Football Club committee should show sympathy & solidarity with the Trust & adopt 'two-tiered' pricing...one price in advance and a higher one on the day, as already done by clubs such as Chelmsford City & Bromley... ;)

Christian Burt and B.I.G like this.
  2. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Could be a higher price for trust members? :thumbs:

Or maybe a discount for those that used to go to Kingstonian?

3. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Pink Panther likes this.
  4. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

The St Leonard's to Pevensey & Westham leg is operated by Southern, so that's an additional £5.90 for a day return. Still saves around a tenner on the full day return price from London Bridge.

5. Christian Burt

Christian Burt Well-Known Member

Disclaimer: my match day going for a variety of reasons is limited right now, but I also believe a two-tier price structure for the coach is a bad idea.
    The Trust do some great things, and giving up personal time to volunteer for the Trust and work on match days etc is very much appreciated.

But, on a coach, you really should all just pay the same, it shouldn't, to me, be a benefit of Trust membership.

Mike mentioned something to me Sunday (I was working Saturday at a Conference) that I should also state! A few people asked him why I "don't like" Forward the Hamlet.
    This isn't true in anyway, especially the brilliant podcasts, which offer up a real eclectic mix, and even more so the supporters involved.

My only occasional criticism relates to the FTH match day graphics, which I feel sometimes take what could have been an interesting photo/subject, and instead turn it into a quick copy & paste graphic for laughs. There was one recently of the original Rabble, and actually then did lead to an interesting piece, just on occasion the graphics approach seems an easy quick thrills option.

Jamie Wyatt likes this.
  6. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

We have access to their bar before and after on Saturday. Thought it was worth checking.

dcdulwich likes this.
  7. ForwardHamlet

ForwardHamlet Well-Known Member

A quick copy and fucking paste!? They take hours of my spare time. Just as the previous style did. Then DHFC got a design studio in to do proper good ones so it made ours obsolete. So I took a new, less serious approach. The primary reason I do it is to put a smile on people's faces. And the secondary reason has always been to spread the word and attract more fans.

Told myself not to bite on this but it takes up too fucking much of my spare time to not.

8. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

Boom

This thread has just been tag-teamed

:eek:

Jamie Wyatt and EDC like this.
  9. MrFouldsy

MrFouldsy Active Member

When did everything become so joyless and shit?

darryl, pettyboy and gnar182 like this.
  10. MrFouldsy

MrFouldsy Active Member

One person's view. Don't take it to heart.

pettyboy likes this.
  11. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

Well I for one bloody enjoy them.

How can you hate this?

12. GeriatricMascot

GeriatricMascot available for weddings, birthdays and bar mitzvahs

Maybe Christian Burt would like to do a FTC x design by Chris collaboration. His photoshop skills might be better than yours and he sounds like he has time to commit to doing match day posters?

pettyboy and pompeydunc like this.
  13. Christian Burt

Jesus wept.
    I was not, even for a second, critical of the time & effort, and the podcasts are ace as I said.
    It's not a competition: I was referring to something of historical rabble interest that ended up pasted into a match day poster. My skills for design are zero!

Although the replies on here just emphasis the whole fan-boy approach that does my head in.
    Peace and out!

14. ForwardHamlet

So what was the fucking point then? Why bother? You actively chose to belittle someone elses work on a public forum, got called out for it and then ran away with your tail between your legs!?

15. Christian Burt

Yeah, as I'm definitely the running away type.
    Tell me about tail between my legs to my face lad.

Dulwich Mishi and Jamie Wyatt like this.
  16. ForwardHamlet

And now you're offering me out for a scrap!? Fucking hell Burt.

17. Christian Burt

No mate - I'm just shaking my head at the hive mentality of this place and DHFC off the pitch.
    You've basically said I'm a coward "tail between your legs" etc and I'm stating matter of fact that I'm not.

Mike is right on the two tier thing in my opinion, and I feel people on here haven't taken that seriously and he's been a bit group jumped on. When he updated me that people had asked him why I hate FTH, I responded that I didn't hate FTH and wanted to say that here.
    And my point about a very very minor criticism of FTH was not belittling at all, but instead my lack of IT skills was belittled.
    I do my blog for the Redskins - initially some more experienced broad dudes in the USA made some points to me. I didn't go dead sensitive and say my hard work was being shit on. It's just a thing that there might be criticism some times along the way of blogs/podcasts. On a personal level, when you guys have a pre match podcast or interview or the end of season round up - it was great.

I've always said I'm not inclusive or hive minded. I can be a shit.
    I think you're going from one to ten in being pissed off.

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  18. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Kiss My Shiny Metal Ass

You guys! I was just about to suggest we would have to get Mr BIG to 'abitrate'. But now you've made up so there is no need.
    Christian, best not refer to him as Mike as everybody will think you mean the editor.
    I am running my own 'coach' to Eastbourne free to non trust members. All seat sold out!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  19. editor

editor Taffus Maximus