Clubs / raves that people raved about that actually were mint.

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by free spirit, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Bahnhof Strasse

Bahnhof Strasse A-wob a-bob bob

Some Fear Teachers parties were shit hot, others not, the one in the pit near Alton was a blinder, and Dead Silence band is funky as fuck, so not all bad.

Castle Morton was OK, nowhere near as good as Lechlade 3 weeks before though ;)

2. Bahnhof Strasse

:D:thumbs:

3. souljacker

souljacker A bit of skullduggery

Or the Stroud one the year before, in the old Great Mills warehouse.

Club wise: Shelleys in Stoke, Eclipse in Coventry, G-Love at Mardi Gras in Liverpool (Thursday nights have never fully recovered), Checkpoint Charlie in Reading, funkshock at the After Dark Reading, Yikes! at Slough Centre.

4. Bahnhof Strasse

Was living in Chippenham at the time, took 2 hours to get in to that fucking warehouse! In August of that year Spirals played for 14 days non-stop on Bodmin Moor, that was fun too. The same site was used about 4 years ago, filth busted every fucker in the weeks that followed :(:mad:

souljacker likes this.
  5. el-ahrairah

el-ahrairah forward communism, forward gerbils!

that makes me wish i had been born a few years earlier!

6. Cpatain Rbubish

Cpatain Rbubish It's kill or be killed

The Alton one was a great :D My arrival was classic. Got lost, driving around atop a transit zoning in on bass. Finally getting close enough to hear the thump, dumping the van and then marching through the woods getting closer and closer to bass but unable to see anything, then reaching the edge of pit and seeing everyone dancing around the fire and strobes on white sheets with pentangles n'stuff on them. The tune that was being played at the very moment....

The Exorcist! Couldn't have scripted that.

I should say that I have a bias to FT parties as they were my mates and we all lived locally so they were all good'uns to me :D

My 21st bday party was a FT party on the beach in Climping :D

ddraig and Bahnhof Strasse like this.
  7. Bahnhof Strasse

Heh, Si Brown playing Where's your child? in that pit whilst tripping my tits off - a golden fucking moment of my life!

And Climping, didn't realise it was next to a beach, in the morning someone asked if I fancied going to the beach for a spliff, "Nah, I wanna stay at the party" - "The beach is there, next to the rig you twat!" :oops:

And when I got home at midday my mum was in a mood, I was supposed to be moving out of the house I'd lived in since I was six, the new occupiers were there waiting to move in, of my worldly possessions I'd moved exactly fuck all. That was some come down :D

Duke's on Friday night, Hand and Spear Saturday, off to Wisley, Horsell..... them was the fucking daze ;)

Cpatain Rbubish likes this.
  8. pinkmonkey

pinkmonkey 2.4 hour party person

Coalesce - anyone go to their parties?

9. Cpatain Rbubish

I now have the deep suspicion we probably know each other! :hmm:

10. Cpatain Rbubish

Dunno, probably. My memory is a bit slow to boot these days ;)

11. twentythreedom

twentythreedom Patterdale Terrorist R.I.P.

yes :) Julian is the guy I remember who was one of that crew. Bangin' :cool:

pinkmonkey likes this.
  12. Bahnhof Strasse

Possibly

If you're Greg don't bother, you don't like me...

13. spitfire

spitfire Toast

twentythreedom pinkmonkey (can't figure out multi quote)

Haha Coalesce. Yes yes yes. Mark L'Hat, Julian, KGB fantastic nights, loved it. They have a facebook page now and did a reunion party last year. I missed it but there is another one on next year apparently.

twentythreedom likes this.
  14. Cpatain Rbubish

I used to know him but not him.

15. Dan U

Dan U Boompty

mates of mine used to go to them and Tender parties, really banged on about them but I never went.

16. Ranbay

Ranbay The same rules apply

17. Cpatain Rbubish

Hi Bob, thought you might be along :)

Ranbay likes this.
  18. High Voltage

High Voltage In the top 97% of Urban's most interesting posters

I know I'm going to get blasted for this, but Tribe of Frog parties in Bristol - they've been going for coming up to 14 years now - I started with them very early on - the first one I actually got to was held at the Black Swan down Stapleton Road in Bristol - as soon as I walked through the door I "knew" that I'd found something that I didn't know I'd been looking for - over the next 5 or so years I don't think I missed one of their 6 annual parties around Bristol

The nights are changing now, but all of those years ago the people, music and vibe of the nights was very special indeed - I experienced a "oneness" I'd never known before - yes, the drugs helped, but they added to the experience, they weren't "THE" experience

19. Ranbay

:D:cool:

Cpatain Rbubish likes this.
  20. Blagsta

Blagsta Minimum cage, maximum cage

Ozone/CitriCity in Birmingham, especially Brighton Road gym and Adderly St boxing gym

21. Cpatain Rbubish

Fear Teachers & Spiral Tribe at the St.Georges Hill squat was pretty mental. I remember everyone wearing spangley crystal jewellery made out of the chandeliers lol :D

Bahnhof Strasse likes this.
  22. Blagsta

Blagsta Minimum cage, maximum cage

Psyclick at some mansion in Sussex in 2004

23. pinkmonkey

pinkmonkey 2.4 hour party person

One of my college friends was another of their DJ 's But yeah, Julian Coalesce was the daddy of them all.

spitfire and twentythreedom like this.
  24. Dan U

Dan U Boompty

That Mark L'hat used to play somewhere I went but buggered if I can remember where.

25. Cpatain Rbubish

They did Climping two weeks on the bounce, how?

Because it was National Trust land and the fella who managed it came to the first one and loved the party and the fact that we were all clearing up the next day and said we could come again. So we did the following weekend, my 21st bday :D

That night the rozzers seized a good portion of the donations. Me and someone else took a ride with them to the pub down the road and were instructed to donate the donations to the pubs charity box :) Needless to say the donations were considerably bigger than said donation box but the money was left with the landlord on the understanding it all went to the charity. Then the rozzers dropped us back :D :D :D

Bahnhof Strasse likes this.
  26. Cpatain Rbubish

Fucking hell, this is bringing back some fond memories!

pinkmonkey likes this.
  27. twentythreedom

twentythreedom Patterdale Terrorist R.I.P.

Was House Doctor anything to do with them? And where were they based? I get confused between themand Clueless from Cambridge (iirc:))

28. Ranbay

[​IMG]

pardon likes this.
  29. D'wards

D'wards I'm an excellent driver

Tasco Warehouse in Plumstead. A grim industrial estate with evil gypsy children hanging about on BMXs threatening to smash in ya car unless you gave em a few quid (and slinging a brick over the wall into the courtyard opening up me mate's arm just as he was coming up).
    I remember first going in though aged 17 and literally thinking this was the most exciting and joyous thing I'd seen in my life. Previous to this moment it was Benbom Brothers.

30. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

Very much a non-clubbers club that sort-of did it in London for more festy-focussed nightoutters a good few years ago -- Whirly-y-Gig ( :oops: but also, at the time, :) )

Also, various digi-Dub focussed nights in London even earlier (90s) with Zion Train to the fore and so on.

pardon likes this.