Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Clubhouse at DHFC

TonyWalt

This is great! £3 a pint for Peckham Pale with a ST. Why only in the clubhouse bar tho? On busy match days, the outside bars and the clubhouse keep the ale flowing nicely. With this substantial saving, might be that the clubhouse bar queues increase?

Pink Panther

This is great! £3 a pint for Peckham Pale with a ST. Why only in the clubhouse bar tho? On busy match days, the outside bars and the clubhouse keep the ale flowing nicely. With this substantial saving, might be that the clubhouse bar queues increase?
The original aim of the outside bars was to serve a limited range of drinks as quickly and simply as possible to reduce crowding in the clubhouse; different pricing levels at those bars is just going to complicate that.

pinknblue

I was really impressed with the speed of service in the club bar yesterday! Well done for making this so much better!

Disappointed that I had to wait 15 minutes for my pie and mash at half time only to be told that they'd completely run out of all meat pies so I spent another 10-15 minutes queueing to get a burger. Is it possible to speed the service up and get more stock at the pie place or put in more food vendors please? If it's like that with crowd of 1,400 it'll be much worse when the crowds are bigger in a few weeks time. I understand the club wanting to keep things in-house to maximise profits but it wasn't a great experience yesterday.

blueheaven

Question for the Clubhouse people: can I check on what the policy is for season ticket holders getting their drinks discount? It said on the original announcement that it's two drinks per round, but this afternoon I bought two drinks and was only given the discount on one of them because I only had one season ticket. Was the barman wrong or am I?

Nivag

Question for the Clubhouse people: can I check on what the policy is for season ticket holders getting their drinks discount? It said on the original announcement that it's two drinks per round, but this afternoon I bought two drinks and was only given the discount on one of them because I only had one season ticket. Was the barman wrong or am I?
I thought it was 2 drinks per season ticket assuming you bought 2 of the nominated drinks.
It was a shame Peckham Pale ran out not long after the game.

blueheaven

I thought it was 2 drinks per season ticket assuming you bought 2 of the nominated drinks.
It was a shame Peckham Pale ran out not long after the game.
Yeah I bought two of the same drink, asked if I could get the season ticket discount, and the barman asked me if I had one season ticket or two. I said just one, and he told me I could only have the discount on one of the drinks.

DHFC Clubhouse

The bar were wrong. Really sorry about that, and will attempt to be clearer with staff so that it doesn't happen again.

DHFC Clubhouse

I was really impressed with the speed of service in the club bar yesterday! Well done for making this so much better!

Disappointed that I had to wait 15 minutes for my pie and mash at half time only to be told that they'd completely run out of all meat pies so I spent another 10-15 minutes queueing to get a burger. Is it possible to speed the service up and get more stock at the pie place or put in more food vendors please? If it's like that with crowd of 1,400 it'll be much worse when the crowds are bigger in a few weeks time. I understand the club wanting to keep things in-house to maximise profits but it wasn't a great experience yesterday.
Couldn't agree more, we're hearing this a lot, and people are right to be upset about it. We're selling a lot more pies than we used to, and our numbers have now been adjusted accordingly.

editor

hiraethified
Is there anywhere where the clubhouse opening times are advertised? I couldn't find anything on Google/FB when I looked last week.
I'm guessing it'll be open from 6pm for Tuesday night's game?

the 12th man

Is there anywhere where the clubhouse opening times are advertised? I couldn't find anything on Google/FB when I looked last week.
I'm guessing it'll be open from 6pm for Tuesday night's game?
That's correct Ed.
At present on match day the bar opens when the turnstiles do.
Saturday's Midday
Tuesday's 6pm

DonkeyAssessor

Disappointing there was no decent cask ale on in the Clubhouse last night, again !!!

Can maybe understand a reluctance to "put a barrel on" for midweek games attracting lower crowds, but if so that should not have been the case, when the same situation occurred on Boxing Day.

And I don't expect to be told " you can have Peckham Pale" The last pint of which I purchased was so revolting, it was left.

jimbarkanoodle

I liked the ability to get a pint straight away last night, rather than wait for ages whilst people walk to the front of the queue and get introduced to the chap in front of me as 'Toby from uni', who adds 7 more pints of Guinness onto the round for Toby and his friends. :facepalm:

StephenMac

I liked the ability to get a pint straight away last night, rather than wait for ages whilst people walk to the front of the queue and get introduced to the chap in front of me as 'Toby from uni', who adds 7 more pints of Guinness onto the round for Toby and his friends. :facepalm:
I think the correct action in such instances is to give Toby a slap. Toby is probably like Toby because he somehow hasn't experienced such interventions in life yet.

mick mccartney

Disappointing there was no decent cask ale on in the Clubhouse last night, again !!!

Can maybe understand a reluctance to "put a barrel on" for midweek games attracting lower crowds, but if so that should not have been the case, when the same situation occurred on Boxing Day.

And I don't expect to be told " you can have Peckham Pale" The last pint of which I purchased was so revolting, it was left.
i don't think we are ever going to see real ale in the bar again .

DonkeyAssessor

i don't think we are ever going to see real ale in the bar again .
Thank you for that response and view, Mick.
Perhaps somebody from the club would like to clarify that , and/or offer an explanation for this situation. arising.

It is not so long ago that I recollect a number of local breweries offering the club barrels , to sell and raise funds in the hour of need. Seems like some people have short memories.

Tarquin and his mates from Uni 's needs may now be adequately catered for, but being able to get a decent pint at games, was one of the contributory factors to me purchasing a five year season ticket without the need for any second thought, around the same time.

May I offer officials of the club, the following advise.
Treat your clientele with contempt, and they may well become ex clientele. Some people may not be there to answer the call, the next time the begging bowl is passed round.

B.I.G

Perhaps somebody from the club would like to clarify that , and/or offer an explanation for this situation. arising.

It is not so long ago that I recollect a number of local breweries offering the club barrels , to sell and raise funds in the hour of need. Seems like some people have short memories.

Tarquin and his mates from Uni 's needs may now be adequately catered for, but being able to get a decent pint at games, was one of the contributory factors to me purchasing a five year season ticket without the need for any second thought, around the same time.

Treat your clientele with contempt, and they may well become ex clientele. Some people may not be there to answer the call, the next time the begging bowl is passed round.
#Banter. What has the support come to?

StephenMac

You sound a little disproportionately cross about this. Mind you, I'll drink any old piss. Maybe raise it with the bar manager on Saturday.

Nivag

You can make your pitch for your drink on twitter if you don't want to speak to the manager in person.