Club 414

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by jakejb79, Sep 26, 2009.

1. blossie33

blossie33 trailer trash

I've been a few times over the past 3 or 4 years.
    Quite like the place - seems a friendly atmosphere and have never seen any trouble. There is a handy roof top area for smokers.

2. Pie 1

Pie 1 The fuck did I do?

:D
    Memories of sitting on the floor in there grinning & nodding at other totally cunted people.

DJWrongspeed likes this.
  3. teuchter

teuchter je suis teuchter

Do equivalents of the 414 exist in other parts of London?

4. Griff

Griff Hardly posting anymore

I've never heard of any. I'd say it's pretty unique. :D

5. Blagsta

Blagsta Minimum cage, maximum cage

Went there twice. Hated it both times. First time I was there (1994ish), they turned the water off and charged £1.50 for a bottle of water at the bar.

6. xes

xes F.O.A.D

I took a non techno mate there last year (after PROD in december, a few of you met him) he LOVED IT :D he thought techno was shit, still does, unless he's mashed. Now he thinks it;s great to dance to when you're cunted up. :cool: He's been back several times on his own :D :cool:

I like the 414 myself, but them I'm a dirty techno junkie, so i would :)

7. xes

xes F.O.A.D

oh, and that fucking spiral staircase has to go!! It's dangerous dontcha know.

8. dynamicbaddog

dynamicbaddog Well-Known Member

I recall that night too :D
    I think the place is excellent - especially liked that counter upstairs where you can get coffee and bars of chocolate :cool:

9. chazegee

chazegee Number two.

Thinking about how bad the club was, the drugs must have been brilliant. :cool:

10. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Seems a tad harsh to bringing that up seeing as it was 16 years ago!

They may not have a superclub budget, but it's run by lovely people who really care for their clientèle.

The 414 isn't for everyone, but I'm glad it's still there. There aren't many old-skool places like it left.

11. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

that must be it - why else would people go to a shit club to dance to shit music? :D
    the bouncers were funny - i remember handing a mate a pill and the bouncer spotted me. he asked my mate what we were up to and he said 'my friend was just giving me a fiver he owed me' and the bouncer replied 'why did you put it in your mouth then?'

12. rennie

rennie m'enfin!

This thread makes me miss the George IV. :hmm:

13. chazegee

chazegee Number two.

Heh, and when they turned it into a wine bar before it's final demise.
    What a wake. :p

14. Blagsta

Blagsta Minimum cage, maximum cage

That makes me feel old. :(

15. TopCat

TopCat Gone away, no forwarding address

I have not been there since 1992 or so. Some bloke got shot outside, not that anyone inside noticed. They used to play all that orgasmic house music which was great with a couple of white doves.

16. Brixton Hatter

Brixton Hatter Home is south London mate

Used to go a fair bit in the 90s but not been in for years. To be honest i'm amazed it's still there, fairplay to them.

17. bang

bang i hear voices

Nuclear Free Zone is still going strong :cool:

[​IMG]

18. Hollis

Hollis bloody furious

Fond memories of that place.. use to love it! :)

19. HAPPY CHEF

HAPPY CHEF Well-Known Member

Wow I'm feeling all nostalgic,I'd completely forgotten about NFZ and can't believe its still running,throughout the '90's I was there many many times,the reason I stopped was a combination of becoming a parent and the fact that on one night(presumably the last time we went)myself and the ex missus got eaten alive by fleas or whatever beasties were living in the carpets,that said its nice to know its still going strong.

20. I love the fact that the flyer says '£5 after 6am'

Like anyone would either care at that time, or would go to bed early to catch the last 4 hours :)

21. ChrisC

ChrisC Well-Known Member

I used to go there on 2000 to night called Faceless or something. Run by people off of uk.music.rave newsgroup. Brilliant atmosphere.

22. playghirl

playghirl Well-Known Member

Paulie that is nothin I met playbhoy there.:cool::cool::cool:

What is less cool is that I was so off my fae hat through up my pill on e floor in the loo...well I won't go on about what happeened next ..I feel ill just remembering!!;)

23. paolo

paolo Well-Known Member

I’m here. It’s wonderfully serene.

It’s a free hard house daytime gig (whut?).

I could practically read the papers, and still have my ears nailed.

It’s basically Trade, but without anyone actually here.

e2a: This is old school brixton, and long may it live. All power to you Tony.

Eggby, Thimble Queen, sealion and 7 others like this.
  24. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

There's a great free live jazz/reggae night tonight too (open till 3am) and a brilliant live jam session on Wednesdays. It's an ace place and one of very few venues to offer such a welcoming local vibe.

sparkybird likes this.
  25. sparkybird

sparkybird ask the bird...

What sort of time do these nights get going? Really interested in going but find it hard to stay up later than 11 pm on a school night!

Slo-mo likes this.
  26. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Generally around 11pm!

27. sparkybird

Yikes! I guess I'll have to have a disco nap and then a day off!

Slo-mo likes this.
  28. teuchter

teuchter je suis teuchter

Proper nights at 414 don't get going until about 7am.

blossie33 likes this.
  29. sparkybird

Ha! Been there, done that, got the sweaty T-shirt. Bit too old for that now, don't think my knees would hold out :)

30. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

I spent many a morning falling out of 414 back in the 90s....on a Monday morning....