Clapton CFC wins lease bid for Forest Gate's Old Spotted Dog ground

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by editor, Sep 17, 2019.

1. editor

editor hiraethified

Good news for the Clapton mob!

'It's coming home': Clapton CFC wins lease bid for Forest Gate's Old Spotted Dog ground

2. I hope they haven’t jumped the gun. The Essex Senior League (where McBean’s Clapton still ply their trade) put out a mealy mouthed tweet yesterday suggesting they weren’t happy with this. But then they would say that, wouldn’t they. Useless blazers.

B.I.G and pompeydunc like this.
  3. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

A tweet that I responded to, quite mild by my standards, and they promptly blocked me! A fine way to treat a fairweather non league fan who goes to at least a dozen Essex Senior League games a season...Aw, bless the sensitive souls!:D

Cat Daisy and B.I.G like this.
  4. Cat Daisy

Cat Daisy Active Member

I'm still waiting for my block! But their statement seems a badly-phrased way of supporting the McBean regime. Maybe he wrote it.
    Isn't this league a bit of an anachronism anyway - the only "single county" league at that level hanging by a thread as it can't even make up the numbers without pinching clubs from Hertfordshire who were happily playing in the SSM League!