Clapham, Stockwell and Kennington news, rumour and general chat

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by cuppa tee, Oct 9, 2014.

1. editor

editor Walking along the lonely street of dreams

Fuck knows why David Bowie keeps appearing in headlines for this school. You'd think he owned the school!

2. technical

technical stripey

Clickbait innit

3. editor

So the Gigalum DJ bar has become the horrendously named 'Perky Nel' .

Perky Nel

BusLanes likes this.
  4. BusLanes

BusLanes Pedestrian

What a name :facepalm:

5. JuanTwoThree

JuanTwoThree I care not for the wealth of Gyges

Ferkin 'el!

CH1 and BusLanes like this.
  6. jimbarkanoodle

jimbarkanoodle Well-Known Member

Even though i would rarely go into Gigalum, they did have some decent big name DJ's playing on a Sunday (for free) which would be worth popping your head round for.

Even without reading the marketing blurb, im sure this new inception will be a downgrade, and ill likely never step foot in the place.

Wasn't Gigalum owned by the SW4 people? They must have had an offer they couldnt refuse from this 'Livelyhood Pub Group'.

7. snowy_again

snowy_again Slush

Does this mean a whole swathe of Antipodean ravers will be getting nostalgic for their Sunday sessions?

BusLanes likes this.
  8. ash

ash Inittogether

9. MissL

MissL Well-Known Member

And the shit has only hit the fan now because a small group of parents worked tirelessly and persistently for a year to expose the situation despite being fobbed off by Lambeth Council and (some of) the Governors at almost every stage. Note the school now also has a new Chair of Governors. Hopefully it's been a case of short-term pain for long-term gain. It's a great school, my child is doing really well there and enjoys it very much. There are some excellent teachers and teaching assistants in particular. Parents are very active and are now welcomed by the school since Ms Umekwe's departure. Onwards and upwards for this great Brixton school. And thanks to these parents for their hard work in making it possible.

BusLanes, Winot, Cold Harbour and 3 others like this.
  10. cuppa tee

cuppa tee Well-Known Member

Plans are afoot to paint a community mural on the wall that runs along the path from Bolton Crescent to the Brandon Estate.on the Kennington Park Extension formerly Brandon Fields.....Hopefully this will not mean that the impressive work below is obliterated.....but I wouldn't bank on it.

image.jpeg

Gramsci and BusLanes like this.
  11. editor

12. editor

I hope this twat goes down for a very, very, very long time.

[​IMG]

Man from Kennington one of six convicted after 'one of the Met’s largest-ever seizures of ammunition and explosive substances' - Southwark News

BusLanes likes this.
  13. editor

14. Winot

Winot I wholeheartedley agree with your viewpoint

Bad car crash in Clapham according to No. 1 daughter. Helicopter on common, police everywhere, roads all blocked.

15. Winot

Winot I wholeheartedley agree with your viewpoint

16. editor

17. BusLanes

BusLanes Pedestrian

The Met has imposed S60 stop & search for much of Lambeth
    IMG_20190409_173017.png

18. editor

Have you got a link for that?

19. wtfftw

wtfftw melting like a toastie

Twitter.
    Lambeth MPS - Central South Command (@LambethMPS) Tweeted:
    As a result of intelligence being received regarding possible serious violence DI Williams has authorised Section 60 & 60AA search powers in the area highlighted in the attached map. These powers will be in force between 16:00 09/04/2019 & 07:00 10/04/2019. ^280AS Lambeth MPS - Central South Command on Twitter

20. BusLanes

BusLanes Pedestrian

That's where I got it from! Searched for another link but didn't see anything

editor likes this.
  21. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

I'm wondering what is going on in Herne Hill Ward, and also adjoining Southwark wards, which frequently as prone to knife crime.

22. mellifluous lady

mellifluous lady ready steady baby!

I witnessed a really horrible accident this morning whilst cycling to work on Kennington Park Road. A cyclist in front of me went under a bus and it really didn't look good. I can't seem to find any information on it. I didn't wait to give my account of it to the police as I had a bit of a meltdown, but of course I will. There were lots of witnesses there. Has anyone heard anything about it? Its an image that will haunt me for a very long time and I'm in shock still I think. As someone that cycles to work every day its a pretty distressing thing to see. poor bloody guy. I really hope he made it.

23. editor

Some comment on Twitter

24. mellifluous lady

mellifluous lady ready steady baby!

Thanks for the update. I don't remember seeing a lorry, but like Tom Seymour says it is a really horrible stretch of road where its everyone against everyone and it really needs to be segregated :(

BusLanes likes this.
  25. editor

26. editor

So depressing

27. cuppa tee

its gone :mad:
    and been replaced by this

DSC_0000044.jpg

Gramsci likes this.
  28. Gramsci

Gramsci Well-Known Member

I see the previous mural was the Palestinian flag. Much to political.:rolleyes:

cuppa tee likes this.
  29. cuppa tee

That work survived a few years tag free in stark contrast to the rest of the wall, time will tell if the official mural will do as well.....

Gramsci likes this.
  30. Louisgwinn24

Louisgwinn24 Active Member

did anyone see a privately flown plane at around 14:45 circling between Kennington/Brixton and Camberwell?? Looked like it was doing dangerous/skilled manoeuvres :O