Clapham Park East Estate, New Park Rd, SW2

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by madshadow, Feb 5, 2019.

1. madshadow

madshadow Well-Known Member

Does anyone maybe know anyone who is a leaseholder on Clapham Park East Estate, SW2? Lycette House, Freeman House, etc.. Metropolitan Trust blocks, between New Park Rd, Forster Rd and Atkins Rd, the ones that have been refurbished recently. I have few queries regarding major works, upkeep of the buildings, etc...

Also, which part of the existing Metropolitan buildings are staying / which are being demolished (is that still going ahead)? If anyone can share any detailed info, I'd be more than grateful.

Thanks!!

2. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

I think you mean freeholder. Most likely it is Mayor and Burgesses of Lambeth who probably did a lease agreement form99 years with Metropolitan.
    But I'm guessing.

If you have the postcode you can try the Land Regsistry Search - Find property information
    This will cost £3 for a written document (downloaded as a pdf), with a boundary map an optional £3 extra. Requires credit/debit card.

Anoither possibility is ringing Metropolitan or Lambeth Council and just asking. Or a Freedom of Information request (might take some time).

3. Sue

Sue Well-Known Member

Leaseholder (as in the OP) would surely make more sense? :hmm:

4. newbie

newbie undisambiguated

here's a link to the start of the masterplan documentation mountain. Best of luck :)

Sue likes this.
  5. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

You are right I think. Sloppy reading on my part.

6. Twattor

Twattor Well-Known Member

Which buildings specifically are you interested in?

7. madshadow

Lycette House and Freeman House

8. madshadow

Thanks!!

9. madshadow

10. madshadow

Just to clarify my query - I was looking to take on the lease on the property just off New Park Rd, only to find out that this whole area is going to be a massive building site for next 15-20 years... not too sure about it now. I wanted to consult with any existing leaseholders that might know something, because its direct and much quicker than approaching any of the above mentioned public developers.

Thanks to everyone here for help and info provided!