Clapham Common Winterville?

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by Cloo, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Cloo

Cloo Surfeit of lampreys

Pickman's model likes this.
  2. sealion

sealion Well-Known Member

3. Cloo

Cloo Surfeit of lampreys

The thought had crossed my mind :D

4. Virtual Blue

Virtual Blue ready

I'll probably end up there too.
    And then to Brixton Village for an 'edgy' supper.

editor and sealion like this.
  5. sealion

Prime posh twat zone. I moved from there for that reason :D

Pickman's model likes this.
  6. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

7. Cloo

Cloo Surfeit of lampreys

Not sure on Thursday if offers that much for the money - there is some nice looking kid/family stuff, but it's not on every day, so Thursday might just mean funfair and ice-rink. Still a possibility.

8. sealion

Served on an organic skateboard!

9. RoyReed

RoyReed Must fly!

10. jimbarkanoodle

jimbarkanoodle Well-Known Member

its not bad actually, its free to get in most of the time, and has some quite good stuff going on.

its not all posh and stupid like youd think.

Cloo likes this.
  11. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

I really could not get my head around the clapham thing. It looks free, until you see that you have to pay for all the bits after that. I also get the impression that it will be more about money than Christmas. Im not a fan of either, but, I think you would be safer going across the water to Hyde Park.

12. jimbarkanoodle

jimbarkanoodle Well-Known Member

Quite a lot of the musical stuff in the evening is free, for example a few weeks back i saw Norman Jay play in the "spielgeltent".

A little tip- they only bother searching on Friday and Saturday nights, any other time you can hide your own alcohol on your person and take it in

13. OzT

OzT Online early mornings when at work ....

I had a really good time there, went last thursday night, free entry, only the girls had their bag looked in. Usual to be expected price hikes on drinks and food, rides didn't seem cheap but we didn't go on them.

Best part of the night was the band, all covers but a good choice and all sing-a-long to (the chorus bits anyway for me) and every one danceable. I left there to walk down the hil to Clapham Junction still buzzing and hoarse from the singing and dancing. Fully recommended.

Though yes, Hyde Park knocks socks off Clapham, but it was ok for a small venue I think.

hash tag likes this.