1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Citydash is coming to Brixton

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, Apr 13, 2017.

1. pengaleng

pengaleng Lil' pengaleng PhD. another handsome boy graduate.

surely if they are on public property then they are fair game for lynch mobbing?

turn up, fuck with their shit, call people doing it twats and other offensive shit, make it untenable, losses on the books, bad reviews.

it's as if no one here has heard of direct action. writing emails gets you fobbed off like bungle.

i would actively seek to enhance their game with strategically placed obstacles and nasty surprises, fuckin hell even some old feather pillows with flour and water would do it

oh security deals with people who are shouting abuse is it? two words - megaphone / tree (three with 'chains' for anyone keeping it real

oh your company is causing so much extra grief for the police that they are making the council ban it? what a shame :(

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017 at 12:40 PM
    Nanker Phelge, Gramsci and editor like this.
  2. bimble

bimble Is it Spring yet?

nope. I do have an opinion on people who spend loads of money on clothes with designer logos on though, they are all twats, but that's just the glory of capitalism i guess.

3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

How can having a load of tourists running around your neighbourhood be a "positive experience"?

4. bimble

bimble Is it Spring yet?

i';m not here to defend their silly game :mad: Just wish some of this anger and energy would be directed elsewhere, seems a waste.

Maggot, snowy_again and salem like this.
  5. pengaleng

fuckin durian fruit juiced and put in water pistols ffs

it'll stink but they will have to go home on public transport like that cus like fuck uber will let em in it, your bath is fuckin local. make em pay.

theres nothing what annoys me more than arsehole events around random ends earning money off the free streets cus they cant be arsed to get a real road job like drug dealing, windscreen washing, flower selling or begging. cunts.

Nanker Phelge, Mr Retro and bimble like this.
  6. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

As I see it, posters in the thread people only started to get a little bit pissed off when certain individuals rushed in to defend this lot, citing (to all intents and purposes) non existent residents' discounts and desperately trying to draw ludicrous comparisons with the London Marathon and Pokemon Go. The event does raise legitimate concerns about the use of public space for profit but its been hard to have a grown up conversation with all the deflecting tosh that's been posted up.

ddraig likes this.
  7. pengaleng

why the fuck do you need a discount on running round yer own fucking ends???

whoever came up with that idea to excuse their cretinous presence (the company) is a dickhead certified.

Nanker Phelge, Gramsci and editor like this.
  8. bimble

bimble Is it Spring yet?

I think all running in the city should be banned actually, unless its for the bus in extreme circumstances.

ash and editor like this.
  9. pengaleng

what about parks and special running tracks?

when do you run for a bus in non extreme circumstances?

10. bimble

bimble Is it Spring yet?

possibly, but no luminous fucking leggings.

editor likes this.
  11. pengaleng

12. Mr Retro

Mr Retro Leviticus 26:12

bimble why don't you invite them on here to discuss? I'm sure they'd soon lose the will to live, resulting in the winding up of the company and solving the problem!

:D:thumbs:

Maggot, salem and bimble like this.
  13. bimble

bimble Is it Spring yet?

Was really tempted to put a link to the thread in my email .. is that a good idea? You're right, they'd probably just cancel the whole Brixton idea immediately on health and safety grounds:D.

14. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Do you have you an opinion on these people using public space for profit or are you just here to sneer as usual?

16. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

They say they want local residents to take part but how might that be possible given they've given no indication of where the route will be and the vast majority of residents will have no idea it even exists?

And has anyone any ideas how having a load of tourists and strangers charging around their neighbourhood may provide a more "positive experience" than them not being in the area?

17. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

"We want to be a positive experience for everyone, including non-players..."

How they gonna make that happen?

We're gonna play over here, while our 'guards' are gonna keep an eye on you over there to ensure you don't join in without paying, but don't worry, because it will be a positive experience for you...really positive...and 'community building'....

My arse!

18. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Innit? It's total PR bullshit just like that scchhh don't mention it residents discount.

19. bimble

bimble Is it Spring yet?

new email:
    "
    Thank you for your response. We're very keen on accessibility and inclusivity in our games - our intention in bringing Citydash to different areas is to encourage local residents to get involved, and give them an opportunity to play outside with us.

We're actually in the middle of updating our website and changing the way we communicate with local residents to be more direct and accessible. I've been working on a local Brixton-focussed campaign at the moment, which will become visible on Monday. If you would like to share a discount code with local residents via your forum in advance of the campaign going live, you can use code BRIXRES2017 for a 75% off discount. This is intended for anyone living within a mile of the game zone.

Any other questions, do get in touch. I'll be in Brixton on Monday...and I'm only 10 minutes away by bus so am almost a local resident myself!'

plz don't shout at the messenger thank you

Maggot likes this.
  20. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Strange then that the press release they sent out failed to include any mention of this discount, and it was similarly absent from their event page and booking form. And how can you know if you're within a mile of the game if they don't publicise the route?
    Stinky PR bullshit.

Gramsci and ddraig like this.
  21. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

lol, can't even spare 1 minute to add the code for the residents discount despite
    really keen, really really keen :hmm:

editor likes this.
  22. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda 100% echtes Pandabär!!

We get people walking or cycling through the estate to get to the park all the time - that's fine, it's people perambulating from point A to point B, and back again along set routes. We have functions at the community hall. So far, so normal.

What we aren't used to is groups of adults who don't live here, using the estate as a playground. That sort of behavior would be worrying precisely because it ISN'T normal. It's not "paranoia", it's a combination of the taken-for-grantedness of being able to violate your "space", and the fact that running adults/groups of adults is something that usually implies running coppers soon after, at least round here.

editor and ddraig like this.
  23. bimble

bimble Is it Spring yet?

They won't be going in anyone's estate. But that's a boring detail obvs.

*tells self to gtf off this thread as my only point ever was that i don't think it deserves the attention*
    :facepalm:

salem likes this.
  24. Mr Retro

I do indeed have a view. I'm not sure it's worth putting forward here because as usual people have made up their mind and as usual, I think this debate is some posters on here using it as a chance to signal their virtues.

For what it's worth provided these ventures are sensitive to what they are doing, where they are doing it and learn from inevitable mistakes that are made when starting up, I have no issue with it.

What I see in these ventures is independent hard working people trying to set up a business and make a living. Due to the crazy cost of setting up a business in the traditional way in London now, people try to do it in new innovative ways. That might be using a shipping container, a public park, the existing street furniture - whatever.

I think this is to be lauded. I genuinely don't understand the mentality that doesn't applaud this innovation and willingness to get off your arse and make a living.

Winot and Jbxsetukj3578 like this.
  25. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Is this from Theresa May's latest speech?

Gramsci likes this.
  26. Mr Retro

Thanks for the sneering reply. Knew it would be a worthless attempt to have a discussion.

Jbxsetukj3578 likes this.
  27. Mr Retro

:rolleyes::facepalm::facepalm:

28. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

If you want a serious discussion, stop throwing around nonsense about how especially 'hard working' they are. Apart from the fact you have no fucking idea if they actually work hard or not, it's a meaningless phrase and one often employed by Tories to put down others for their lack of achievement, regardless of the disadvantages they may face.

Gramsci and ddraig like this.
  29. Mr Retro

I take from their promt replies to bimble that they are working hard to make this a success. So I have more evidence that they work hard than you do that they don't.

And I was also speaking generally about those kind of businesses. I suspect it's fucking hard work to make them a success.

But it's easy to sneer.

30. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Oh dear oh dear. That's great evidence that is. :facepalm:

Anyway, I must dash as I'm working so hard today. Much harder than those lazy sponging scum who won't "get off their arses" and make a success of their lives. We really should all take a moment out to 'applaud' those who have made a success of their lives through proper hard work. Not like the hard work of cleaners and those at the bottom of the pile. No need to applaud them.

Gramsci likes this.