Christiano Ronaldo arrested on allegation of rape

Discussion in 'football' started by Leo JP, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Leo JP

Leo JP New Member

2. Epico

Epico wordsmiff

3. holteman

holteman ( . Y . )

hmmmm <tries to think of ronaldo gags to tell down the pub>

4. cathal marcs

cathal marcs Is it wicked not to care?

I dont think making gags about rape are very funny and is certainly not a subject that should be laughed at.

5. zenie

zenie >^^<

Oh no I really liked him - I hope this is made up :(

6. J77

J77 residing

So restrained from posting a thread on this when the story broke - thought others would too - these allegation of rape threads really aren't worth talking about.

7. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

It is such a troubling issue...........You hope that it is not true but are always thinking a lot of conflicting things!

* If he did rape her then will he get off as he is rich and high profile?
    * If he did not rape her then it is a terrible accusation
    * If he did or didn't rape her but the case does not go ahead or he is found not guilty will it stop other women coming forward?
    * They were out together and seemed to be 'close' in the pictures. Did they go to a bedroom together for the intention of sex or just a coffee?

8. ICB

ICB now then

denial from Jorge Mendes on Ronaldo's behalf

9. hektik

hektik adhering to a paradigm

i dont see why she couldn't have gotten away - all she needed to do was give him a little nudge with her elbow and he'd be on the floor rolling around, leaving her plenty of time to make her escape.

keybored likes this.
  10. Relahni

Relahni New Member

lmfao!

:D

11. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

I agree to some extent but this is not an isolated case and I think people are interested enough to speculate on something of this magnitude, especailly a high profile figure like Ronaldo

12. Rocket Romano

Rocket Romano Banned Banned

I'm sure he walked into the hotel room, the girl was lying on the bed and a hotel worker about 6 feet away stuck a foot out and Ronaldo instictively dived down...but in unfortuanate cirumstance landed onto the girl

13. rosa

rosa anger is an energy

Really,REALLY shouldn't laugh at that.... :D

Just got a text from my mate saying 'Ronaldo can't have done that rape,he's gay'. :rolleyes: Not homophobic,you understand-he's gay himself,and seems to think that half the Premiership is as well.

14. J77

J77 residing

You may want to edit that last post... these footballers don't like that libel thing... :D

15. BCB

BCB Whats the story!

More bullshit from some tart out to make as much £££ as she can,if/when these crass allegations are found to be untrue she is the one who should serve a jail sentence,in fact any bird who falsely cries rape should do time IMO :mad:

16. siarc

siarc New Member

you sound like a fuckwit

17. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

The Tottenham fans are going to give the lad hell!!

18. baldrick

baldrick ooooh timewarp

sexist rubbish.

you were there, were you?

19. WasGeri

WasGeri Banned Banned

It would be interesting to see how many allegations of rape are made against footballers, and how many have been found guilty, and then compare it with general statistics. It certainly seems to be quite common.

20. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Somebody was telling me some upsetting general (not just footballer) stats about rapes being reported and subsequent guilty verdicts. Now I have no sources or proof so do not jump down my throat, if anyone new though I would be interested.

Only 20% of rapes are reported
    Of the reported rapes only around a third end in a guilty verdict

:confused:

21. belboid

belboid TUC Off Your Knees

or of famous people generally. I cant recall any famous Britains being found guilty. Of course simple comparisons can't be made - I suppose it is slightly more likely that deliberately false accusations will be levelled against famous people (ability to sell the story etc, as has happened) - but 0/?? would look deeply suspicious, and even more depressing.

22. Leon

Leon Marmite Warrior

You really can't make any judgements about about rape convictions on the basis of statistics.

It is a total waste of time.

Even if, for example, one in five billion rape allegations against footballers results in a conviction that means nothing at all. Each case has to be judged on its own merits - and thank god I think they are.

Just because there are lots of rape allegations against footballers going around and there doesn't seem to be any convictions, it doesn't mean they are getting away scot free.

23. WasGeri

WasGeri Banned Banned

I'm not suggesting they are.

But I do think - sadly - that footballers and other famous people are more likely to be the victims of false accusations.

I can't prove it of course.

24. Leon

Leon Marmite Warrior

... Just ask Max Clifford.

I know you didn't suggest that Geri - I wasn't saying you did.

25. pink lobe

pink lobe Banned comedy account Banned

26. Nigel Irritable

Nigel Irritable Five, Ten, Fifteen Years

Or of people generally. Only a minute percentage of all rape victims ever see their attacker convicted after all. A minority report the fact they have been raped to the cops. A minority of those cases ever reach court and of those which do reach court...

Attitudes like that displayed by BCB on this thread are a central part of the problem.

27. Jo/Joe

Jo/Joe New Member

BCB was right to say this, but of course forgot to add that the same goes for any man or woman who falsely alleges a serious crime.

The press shouldn't be allowed to publish names until an actual trial has been arranged.

28. London_Calling

London_Calling Pleasant and unpatronising

Who was it last month, van Persie and a Russian chancer in Holland - that one took a month out of the players life (in prison) while the crime was 'investigated'. Class.

Did this one at least remember to call the police before the 'papers, I wonder ?

29. Nigel Irritable

Nigel Irritable Five, Ten, Fifteen Years

Jesus fucking Christ, some of you people make me feel ill.

SheilaNaGig and spanglechick like this.
  30. Jo/Joe

Jo/Joe New Member