Chippenham Town v Dulwich Hamlet, Sat 6th April 2019 KO 3pm

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Jimbob73, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

The penalty and hatched celebrations

Blitzwalker and B.I.G like this.
  2. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

That steward seems to be getting a bit agitated at the front.

Blitzwalker and B.I.G like this.
  3. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Quite embarrassing stewarding

4. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

The fan shouting "its a goal" at close quarters
    before Dipo took the kick certainly worked on this occasion
    goal keeper flinches

I do admire how a section of our fans mercilessly mock opposition goalkeepers - without being abusive and generally applaud them at the end of the game

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
  5. Cyclodunc

He does?

B.I.G likes this.
  6. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what the red card was for?
    I didn't see anything different than other spats of that kind that would normally get a yellow.

7. the 12th man

the 12th man Well-Known Member

Those stewards were trying to keep our Supporters out of the hatched area after the final whistle!
    They gave up when quite a few supporters moved down to the hatched area to applaud our players.

Blitzwalker, Pink Panther and B.I.G like this.
  8. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

Chippenham was a nice club and those supporters and volunteers at the ground I spoke to were pleasant and welcoming, as were those we spoke to in the Prince of Wales micropub before and after the game. The stewards though, did have a thing about their hatched bits, even when a few of us celebrated the second goal and went to applaud the players at the end. The older chap to be fair, wasn’t that fussed but the female steward was fairly humourless as was the younger guy, although that was probably after he discovered that he’d been stickered!

9. Roger D

Roger D Well-Known Member

He pushed a Chippenham player which probably does cross the violent conduct threshold, albeit not in a way that usually results in a red.

I was surprised by the red I actually said to someone I thought one of their players might walk, a two handed shove with some force into Nyron's back. I expected Nyron and the Chippenham player initially involved to get a yellow.

A couple of club officials stated they anticipated an appeal. I guess it will come down to exactly what the referees report states and what the video shows. If the report simply states it was for a push he deemed as violent conduct, and the video shows what I believe I saw, an appeal is unlikely to succeed.

You appeal against an error by the referee in his decision to pull a red. The fact the video will probably show it was bonkers to just card Nyron, and that two or three other players on each side pushed people, is neither here nor there in terms of an appeal.

Note I haven't refereed for a long time and the system may have changed so happy to be corrected if wrong.

10. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

The red card was for a headbutt or attempted headbutt

StephenMac likes this.
  11. editor

editor Forked with electrons

Look at that ridiculous steward. Twat.

12. baleboy_93

baleboy_93 Well-Known Member

Nyren came out the changing room after and said that even the referee advised him he could probably appeal it!!

editor likes this.
  13. editor

An 'airbutt'?

14. the 12th man

the 12th man Well-Known Member

Sums it up really.
    The refereeing at this level has given us some (insert) decisions!

Nivag likes this.
  15. Roger D

Nyron and a Chippenham player did move their heads towards each other, that's why I thought they would get a yellow each.

I wouldn't call it an attempted headbutt by either of them. It certainly wasn't a successful headbutt. Unless I missed a second incident I'd expect him to win an appeal over a headbutt

16. Pink Panther

If the referee couldn't be certain what he saw, what the hell was he doing pulling out a red card? Hopefully the video recording will clearly show he didn't deserve to be sent off.

17. Roger D

I suspect the Assistant subsequently advised him he probably made an error. The Assistant had a good view of the whole incident. The referee chose not to consult with him, which he probably now regrets....

If the referee has said this he should add a note on his report that he thinks it may have been erroneous. This may negate the need for video. He's heading for trouble if he's advised a player to appeal and doesn't mention it.

Nivag and Pink Panther like this.
  18. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Just watched the highlights and that's not a red card.

19. Pink Panther

I'd say it's inconclusive. You certainly wouldn't show a red on that evidence, but their player goads Nyren who then takes makes a movement towards him when he should just be walking away, and the referee couldn't really have had a better view so if he really advised Nyren to appeal why on earth did he send him off at the time? It was also a blatant foul on Nyren that was somehow given as a free kick the other way as he tried to regain his footing. And the Chippenham player involved had already been booked, so he was fortunate not to get a second yellow for his part in the incident. As Gavin suggests in his interview, that player was rather crafty and suckered Nyren into a reaction.

The offside call for their disallowed goal looks extremely tight. I reckon we probably got lucky there.

20. editor

Really doesn't look like a straight red to me.

Great display by Hamlet though.

21. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

Quite a lot of the players in this division are this way inclined, hopefully we'll be wise to it next year.

TonyWalt, editor and Pink Panther like this.
  22. Pink Panther

It doesn't look like a straight red card offence, but that's not quite the same as conclusively proving that the referee was wrong in the first place which is probably the criterion for getting the suspension annulled. Nyren has an excellent disciplinary record over a long period of time and it would certainly be out of character if he did anything like that, so I hope we appeal and I hope we win. I'm just saying that anyone reviewing the incident will probably have other priorities, like not wishing to overrule a referee or set a precedent, if they feel the evidence doesn't conclusively prove the decision incorrect.

As I suggested earlier, it's hard to see how the referee could call that wrongly when you look at where he's standing. If he did get it wrong he must be fairly useless.

pompeydunc and Nivag like this.
  23. TonyWalt

TonyWalt Well-Known Member

The number 5 for Chippenham was a little shit all game. And grinning in a cocky way as Clunis walked.

24. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

He wasn't that happy when I advised people to avoid him in the bar as the National went off "saying he'd fall quicker than a rocking horse over Beachers"

Mouthed something in reply...

25. TonyWalt

TonyWalt Well-Known Member

So relieved to see their first goal disallowed, would have been against the run of play, as in many games this season. Great to see Dipo getting 2, and Thompson played very well and could have easily got on the scoresheet more than once. Love Nyren’s reaction to our second. Hopefully not a lengthy suspension.
    A great away day and ride on the motorbike.
    And with the Villa getting an away win too, I rode home with a big smile on my face.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  26. Pink Panther

Rightly or wrongly he was sent off for violent conduct. It will be 3 matches if the red card stands.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  27. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

I moved into the hatches area at the final whistle, just to annoy the stewards! Nearly fucking killed me!It was actually the first game I’ve stood at, albeit leaning on barriers since my recent illness, in truth I was glad I did but it was extremely tiring & I shouldn’t really have done so, but another hurdle reached, so to speak. Back in the seats for the rest of the season to be on the safe side...

pompeydunc, GregDHFC, editor and 4 others like this.
  28. Cyclodunc

29. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Oh dear... are you saying I’m about to come to a full stop?:D

30. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

Had a great day, excellent result. Both teams struggled to play on what is a terrible pitch, aren't there any rules at this level? probably one of the wonkiest bits of grass in the whole of Wiltshire! I couldn't see why Nyren was sent off at the game and watching the highlights still don't know. I had assumed he said something to the ref. Anyway hope to visit again next year :thumbs: