Chile: 40 Years today since the other 9/11

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by dennisr, Sep 11, 2013.

1. cantsin

cantsin Well-Known Member

That's the one - had never heard of this deranged forced surrogacy programme before .

2. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

Various docs and stuff that show - and i know this isn't going to be a surprise - Chilean Dictator Rejected Police Report Identifying Army Units which Burned Alive Teenage Protesters in 1986

3. copliker

copliker ...

Yep, I was just going through Kornbluh's book. The US ambassador attended the funeral and the regime tried to claim through the press that his presence had incited the mourners to riot, hence the watercannon and tear gas.

AJ report

4. copliker

copliker ...

5. SpineyNorman

SpineyNorman it was already like that when I got here

This thread getting bumped reminded me that I still hadn't sorted the subtitles on the battle of chile docs so they could go on youtube. Just done it so I'm uploading them now, in plenty of time for the anniversary.

I'll stick them on here as they go on (at my mum's with a slow connection so might take a few hours) - first one will be here once it's finished:

6. SpineyNorman

Part 2 will be here once processed:

frogwoman likes this.
  7. SpineyNorman

They're taking a lot longer to upload than I anticipated but should still be up before 11 September! First one seems to be working ok for me now anyway.

8. frogwoman

frogwoman лягушкая женщина

Great stuff mate looking forward to watching

9. SpineyNorman

You should be able to watch the first one (I think the thumbnail is blank cos of the way I've uploaded them all at once, don't think it produces it till they're all done but it's letting me watch it via youtube so I think it should be ok). Gonna be another 7 hours till the next one is finished though - think it would be faster to upload it with my mobile's 3g lol

frogwoman likes this.
  10. SpineyNorman

Part 3:

Part 4 (Obstinate Memory):

11. copliker

copliker ...

Ta SpineyNorman - Will putting them on the twitter machine get them taken down?

12. SpineyNorman

Should be alright I reckon. Any film execs following the PD twitter machine must be communist ones who'd not take it down anyway.

13. DaveCinzano

DaveCinzano WATCH OUT, GEORGE, HE'S GOT A SCREWDRIVER!

Former Chilean soldier charged with murder after stunning radio confession

nino_savatte and J Ed like this.
  14. gawkrodger

gawkrodger Well-Known Member

15. nino_savatte

nino_savatte No pasaran!

16. Artaxerxes

Artaxerxes Well-Known Member

Recently had to shout down a muppet saying Allende was shaping himself into a communist dictator and the coup was justified. The 30 years of murder was all down to the Leftie plots of 70-73.

Really are some shits around the place.

17. DotCommunist

DotCommunist slowtime

the pinochet fans are pretty rank as well. right libertarians seem to think well of him

krtek a houby, Badgers and likesfish like this.
  18. nino_savatte

nino_savatte No pasaran!

Aye and when you bring up the subject of the Caravan of Death or the thousands who disappeared, they start flailing about and will sometimes reply with a "I don't approve of violence but something had to be done to stop communism". Cunts.

19. Idris2002

Idris2002 The Man From G.R.A.S.S.Y. K.N.O.L.L.

20. Idris2002

Idris2002 The Man From G.R.A.S.S.Y. K.N.O.L.L.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Just a few things I found.

gawkrodger and seventh bullet like this.
  21. likesfish

likesfish an angry pretend soldier shooting at seagulls

if your "cure" involves 3500 dead torture and tyranny maybe communism was a better option:hmm:.
    Pinchoet helped the British during the Falkland's because the Argentine Juntas "plan" was to go after Chile having defeated the British:eek::hmm:

22. DaveCinzano

DaveCinzano WATCH OUT, GEORGE, HE'S GOT A SCREWDRIVER!

106 ex-DINA officers imprisoned

Chilean judge sends 106 former secret agents to prison - BBC News

Raúl Iturriaga - Wikipedia

Chile judge sentences 106 intelligence agents for kidnappings

Poi E, CNT36 and Idris2002 like this.
  23. copliker

copliker ...

19 more sentenced.

Corte de Apelaciones de Santiago condenó a prisión a 19 ex agentes de la DINA

Former deputy director of DINA Pedro Espinoza got another 20 years on top of the 500 or so he already has.

A few months ago, Claudio Salazar Fuentes, who was involved in 1985's Caso Degollados, was released. He turned into a jehova's witness in jail apparently. The victims were Manuel Guerrero, José Manuel Parada and Santiago Nattino. There's a memorial to them near the airport, the 3 big chairs, Un Lugar Para La Memoria.

case degallados.jpg

24. gawkrodger

Never forgive. Never forget

25. gawkrodger

26. LiamO

LiamO Well-Known Member

27. copliker

copliker ...

Chile jails 20 ex-police agents for Pinochet-era crimes – The Santiago Times

Poi E and krtek a houby like this.
  28. Poi E

Poi E Well-Known Member

Oooh I love a justice catching up after all these years story. That's a life sentence for those old bastards :)

SpookyFrank and krtek a houby like this.
  29. copliker

copliker ...

How AFP reported the police's traditional rampage through the cemetery on the anniversary demo.

yield and passenger like this.