Chester Friday 12th July

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Dulwich Mishi, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Lucky enough to have got annual leave for the weekend when I applied, two new grounds for me.
    This one will be interesting m, it seems like a huge game, even though they’re technically a new club they are to all intents & purposes a former Football League side.
    I remember a few years ago when Whyteleafe got to the First Round Proper of the FA Cup & they played them, taking them back to Church Road & I was so jealous! It’s quite hard to equate that the current Chester are at the same level as us!
    Struggling to think of players who’ve played for both clubs, apart from Don Vose & going back a few years, early 2000’s maybe a forward who, shall we say, wasn’t the greatest in a Hamlet shirt, Kanu Laird.
    Certainly a mixed pre season for Chester... they lost 7-1 at home to Wigan Athletic then won 9-1 away to Newquay, so that’s a nailed on nil nil for this one then!
    For those up there early enough with an interest in the gee-gees there’s also night racing at Chester, where you could get the first few in before dashing to the game.

2. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Chester is a great historic city, well worth getting up there early for a good look around.

3. pettyboy

pettyboy Well-Known Member

Glad you can make it Mishi.

Our new signing Christian Smith was also at Chester. I'm told by a Chester-supporting mate that he did quite well there. Looking forward to what should be a good test!

WillClunas and Pink Panther like this.
  4. tonysingh

tonysingh Random Clever and Witty Strapline

Kamu Laird.... Thats a name to make people shudder. :D

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  5. Pink Panther

6. tonysingh

tonysingh Random Clever and Witty Strapline

Oh I remember him... Mostly just before I wake up screaming. :D

7. Chester Rio

Chester Rio New Member

Hello all, Chester supporter here.
    I have a compiled a matchday preview for tomorrow’s game on my YouTube channel which includes club information about yourself, form guides, plus much more. If you are interested in watching it then just click on the link below. Hope you all enjoy the match tomorrow evening and have a safe journey. Perhaps you may want to give this a watch on your long trip ?!

You guys won’t be the only ones enduring a long commute up to Chester as I will be making the 8 hour journey back from Newquay as we have been on a tour down in Cornwall over the past week. I believe that you are having a tour around the North West too as obviously you are playing us tomorrow, then Marine on Saturday who are managed by the manager who guided us to three consecutive promotions, Neil Young. Once again, I hope you all enjoy your weekend in the North West.

Thanks, Rio Doherty.

8. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Neil Young :eek:

WillClunas and Chester Rio like this.
  9. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Keep on rocking in marine’s world

EDC and WillClunas like this.
  10. Pink Panther

Won 2-1 after a pair of goals by Danny Mills gave us a two goal lead following a goalless first half. Similar sort of team to Tuesday but Dipo Akinyemi was on the bench (not currently under contract according to the radio commentary) with academy players Thomas Chambers and Tariq Anderson also included.

Nivag and B.I.G like this.
  11. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

As far as I can tell, no Tariq Anderson has played for Dulwich/ASPIRE. I think this chap is probably Terrique Anderson, who was at Charlton with Jamie Mascoll, but was released this summer. He's a winger, which would make sense given that he replaced Gnahore tonight.

B.I.G likes this.
  12. Pink Panther

Ah that explains it. I thought the name sounded familiar from somewhere, but when I tried googling the only results were for a murderer in Chicago.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    Dulwich Mishi, bkbk and EDC like this.
  13. Cyclodunc

Murdering full backs this season. (Not literally please)

WillClunas and B.I.G like this.
  14. Pink Panther

15. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Got any songs yet? Now you can’t be bothered with photographs. You will be missed!

Who takes pictures of me and Poids now?

16. Cyclodunc

Especially Orlu

pompeydunc and B.I.G like this.
  17. Cyclodunc

More of an Al Crane effort that tbh

B.I.G likes this.
  18. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Someone keep an eye on him. Liverpool is by the sea.

19. Chester Rio

Chester Rio New Member

Here is my match vlog from yesterday’s match. Feel free to watch if you wish:

Hope you enjoyed the game and best of luck to you this season.

Dulwich Mishi and StephenMac like this.
  20. pinknblue

pinknblue Active Member

I thought that was an excellent performance by Dulwich with Ben Chapman and
    Danny Mills the stand-out players. I loved Chapman’s overlapping runs and his crossing was excellent. I thought Danny held the ball up superbly and he has great first touch: two well taken goals too. The only downside was that I thought we were unnecessarily physical at times and put in far too many rash challenges. We’d have had raft of bookings if that had been a league match.

Pink Panther likes this.