Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Chelsea FC 2019/20. Frankie Says Relax...

BCBlues

Lend us a Twenner
A tough game, I dont think our players were really up for that. A learning curve for the youngsters.
Well played Everton, a good reaction to a situation they really shouldn't be ( in the relegation spot).

The39thStep

Good first half from the blues 2-0 up against tbh what is a very changed Lille team who are pretty much sit back defend deep sucker them in and hope a counter attack bears fortune. Rudiger making a lot of difference in defence for us , mobile , reading the game and good quick passing.

The39thStep

nornal story dont manage the game second half they score and we have a panicy last 15 mins. Anyway we are through in a difficult group. Have to question Franks substitutions though, Hudson-Odoi was underwhelming.

Last edited:

BCBlues

Lend us a Twenner
Well after breathing a sigh of relief we can all take a deep breath at this :
Potential opponents in the last 16:

PSG
Bayern Munich
Juventus
FC Barcelona
RB Leipzig
That's formidable to say the least. I'm so pleased the youngsters have progressed though. After that lesson on tough football delivered at Goodison, to adapt to a high pressure Champions League game was great to see.
That one tackle from Zouma saved the game for us. He looks a different player altogether when Rudiger is about.
Great night for us and Liverpool.

BCBlues

Lend us a Twenner
Not a great day at the office
Not at all. The firepower up front seems to be absent at the moment. In all honesty I think this is where many Chelsea fans thought we would be at the moment with an inexperienced manager, young squad and transfer embargo. Weve still done ok in the Champios Lge though but we have some serious contenders for 4th spot now so we need to sort it out.

Good win again for your lot Badgers, consistency is everything.

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
Not at all. The firepower up front seems to be absent at the moment. In all honesty I think this is where many Chelsea fans thought we would be at the moment with an inexperienced manager, young squad and transfer embargo. Weve still done ok in the Champios Lge though but we have some serious contenders for 4th spot now so we need to sort it out.

Good win again for your lot Badgers, consistency is everything.
I could not work out how you had not scored.

DexterTCN

Mastodon noob
I've never seen a goal like that...if it had been a 'name' it would be lauded as incredible.

We're victims of our own success. If someone had offered us top four and CL knock-out qualification 2 weeks before xmas we'd have snapped their fingers off.

Plenty of time. Lost 4 out of 5, the younger ones may be tired...it's a long season.

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
Sounding like Sancho is heading your way. £120m is a lot of money but he is a very good player. Not sure about his attitude but same can be said of a lot of young players.

Was half hoping to see him at LFC tbf

The39thStep

Sounding like Sancho is heading your way. £120m is a lot of money but he is a very good player. Not sure about his attitude but same can be said of a lot of young players.

Was half hoping to see him at LFC tbf
We need long term replacements for William and Pedro, Pedro will go this year. William prob end of next season. I think Its a lot of money, he's good , hes young but £120m? I'd have quite liked us to be connected to Timo Werner and possibly another centre half.

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
Not sure if that money is for January start or a loan back. Probably January start as £120m is a bit rich.

BCBlues

Lend us a Twenner
Anyway. London derby today #sixpointer at home to the Spuds. Feeling confident?
My only bit of confidence is coming from the fact that Frank got the better of Jose when at Derby (ManU). Other than that you cant help but think that Jose will expose Frank's tactical inexperience.
But, this is Chelsea, were due a good run in the league. Pressure of Champions Lge is off for a while. I'll be happy with a draw in all honesty.

Well done Liverpool on that Cup win btw, with your "barely coping" squad of rejects :D

The39thStep

Well... tactically that was a surprise playing 3 at the back and we grew into it very well. Dunno what Mourinho has done but Spurs were toothless tbh took 27 mins to have a shot.
Don’t think Son deserved a red card it was a straight yellow, didn’t like Rudiger milking it tbh but we are in the terrible hands of VAR with incidents like that . The racist abuse to Rudiger was unacceptable but ref and the ground dealt with it well and no doubt the club and Spurs FLAF will follow it up with the individual/s concerned .Really hope Mourinho condemns the racism and I’d advocate the team walking off in future.
All the team played well but William was immense . We needed that win and fair play to Frank for being bold and the team sticking to the game plan .

DexterTCN

Mastodon noob
We outplayed them from start to finish, from man to manager.

And after that, if you were watching Sky...you got one of the best ever discussions of racism between Neville, Souness and Cole.