Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Chelsea FC 2019/20. Frankie Says Relax...

The39thStep

Freak goal but Valencia had the better opportunities . Ajax should win tonight or at least draw so all down to the last games which we need to win

The39thStep

Well that was a reality check. We really missed Tammy’s movement , Giroud was awful.Appreciate we have a squad but resting William and Kante was questionable. When we don’t score it puts pressure in the defence . Pulisic’s lack of finishing shouldn’t hide the fact that he was one of the better performances . Why did West Ham chooses to drop their dodgy goalkeeper for the game against us ?
Glad for Pellegrini in some ways as he hadn’t been dealt a great hand this season .

The39thStep

Tomorrow's game is on Amazon Prime. Apparently the interface is next-gen with stats etc.
Mixed reviews re Amazon for some very good at a fraction of the price others complaining about having to update, stream freezing and error symbols crashing the game. It’s on BT apparently on Amazon plus or something . I’ve got bent Nbcn and Dazn Canada logins ( who both do stats and replays ) so I’m fine .

BCBlues

Lend us a Twenner
Tomorrow's game is on Amazon Prime. Apparently the interface is next-gen with stats etc.
My lad watched City at Burnley game with no freezes or hiccups so I'll brave his room tomo for the Villa game, smelly trainers and all those other things under his bed :D

Was going to say before the Hammers game that we havent really missed Hazard much. Dunno if he would have made a difference on Sat as he had a few off days each season himself. We really need to beat the Villa although I think they will be very hard to break down. An early goal from Pulisic would be nice.

The39thStep

Firstly Amazon streaming : mine went from excellemt to Modro style fuzzines and blobs frequently in the first half but the second half was better but not a patch on Dazn or NBC sports streaming. Also disappointed that which ever app , channel or continent I watch football on that at some point Andy Townsend pops up. Interestingly though I didnt need a vpn to watch it in Portugal .
Having Tammy back made a huges difference, his movement makes him a real challenge to defenders and really helps our passing in and into the box. Kovacic was great, Pulisc worked very hard and after not being in the game for the first half hour Mount had a blinding 60 min spell. Azi looks better on the left and James on the right, Alonso looks like he'll be sold but only when the transfer ban is lifted.Kante and William worked their socks off and the latter didnt have any luck with a belter of a free kick hitting the post.
Villas goal was a bit of a fluke, Mings played well in defence as did their keeper but really we could have had four however as is the case too often we had a nervy last ten mins with Kepa making a good save to keep our advantage.

BCBlues

Lend us a Twenner
Didnt think much a Grealish tbh , hard working but headless I thought
He should have bought a quilt and pillow he spent that much time on the floor :D

I thought Willian played superb, covered lots of ground and steadied the youngsters a few times. Hes a great player. Tammy too, hes looking better every game, misses a few but like all the greats doesnt let it affect him.

The39thStep

I think Zaha is pretty decent but massively overrated.

Hope you sign him :D
Wouldn’t have him tbh . We are overstocked in that position . Need an experienced centre half , another left/right back , another striker to back up Abraham. Don’t want a glut of signings we’ve got some good youth that need first team and some that have done well but prob should have loan time .

BCBlues

Lend us a Twenner
Wouldn’t have him tbh . We are overstocked in that position . Need an experienced centre half , another left/right back , another striker to back up Abraham. Don’t want a glut of signings we’ve got some good youth that need first team and some that have done well but prob should have loan time .
Ben Godfrey of Norwich at centre half, I'd love to see Chelsea sign him. Hes young but he'd fit in well with Frank's ideas. Rumour has it Josè want him at Tottenham.
Like you say we dont want a glut of signings ruining the dynamics in the squad at the moment, just a couple of quality players to pep things up.

DexterTCN

Mastodon noob
Duncan Ferguson is their fucking manager tomorrow.

We should refuse to play unless he's trussed up like Hannibal Lecter on a trolley with a hockey mask.

Jadon Sancho would be a good replacement for Willian/Pedro but to buy players to replace Abraham, Mount, Hudson-Odoi, Tomori, James, Loftus-Cheek etc would be a smack in the face for those players who waited for, and took their chances.

Overbuying, or even getting a Marquee signing could really undermine the team mentality and dynamics.

BCBlues

Lend us a Twenner
Jadon Sancho would be a good replacement for Willian/Pedro but to buy players to replace Abraham, Mount, Hudson-Odoi, Tomori, James, Loftus-Cheek etc would be a smack in the face for those players who waited for, and took their chances.

Overbuying, or even getting a Marquee signing could really undermine the team mentality and dynamics.
Exactly, and buying Sancho would do the opposite and add to the dynamic. International breaks wouldn't be a problem as the core of the Chelsea team would be in the England squad. Chillwell and Godfrey in there too we could be dynamite.
Here's hoping eh.

The39thStep

We played well in flashes but weren’t at our best at all. Kovacic was excellent , Tammy and Pulisic worked hard but the rest were below par. Too many misplaced passes and threw them the game at the end .
Fair play to Everton it was a hardworking performance , defended well and took their chances.