Chelsea FC 2019/20. Frankie Says Relax...

Discussion in 'football' started by BCBlues, Jul 4, 2019.

1. The39thStep

The39thStep Well-Known Member

Too many gaps in the second half and too many misplaced passes.

BCBlues and Badgers like this.
  2. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

Agreed and I expect a couple more heavy defeats along the way because of these errors.
    I do think however that Frank can and will solve matters. He has Loftus Cheek and Rudiger to return and hasn't really used Tomori yet.

Badgers and The39thStep like this.
  3. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Six pointer away to Norwich today then :thumbs:

4. BCBlues

The three will do nicely :)

Badgers likes this.
  5. The39thStep

The39thStep Well-Known Member

Good game to watch and a well deserved three points but defensively frail in the first half Kepa should have done a lot better with their second goal tbh. However lots of plus points Kovacic immense in midfield, Tammy's two goals, Mount very impressive again, Pulisic bright, Barkley terrible first half but a lot better second and could have/should have scored. Pedro pulling out was a loss tbh but its only a niggle. After the international break the coming month/six weeks should start to see the gradual introduction of the likes of Rudiger, Hudson Odoi, James and finally Loftus Cheek which should gives us more options tactically. Norwich tbf are going to win games at their ground.

BCBlues, DexterTCN and Badgers like this.
  6. BCBlues

Great game and great result. Mason Mount is really looking the business and Tammy must be feeling ten feet tall at the moment.

A couple of dodgy var decisions in there, the penalty shout and the stamp on Mason. How either weren't relayed back to the ref is beyond me and makes me wonder if it's all worth it if there are still going to be massive errors by officials.

SpookyFrank and Badgers like this.
  7. BCBlues

Plenty for Frank to think about during the international break but most pressing is our defence and also why we keep running out of steam. We had the kick off in second half and still conceded straight away, from then the Blades were up for it and got a well earned point. We have a couple of tough games when we come back hopefully we will have worked on pacing games out for the full 90 minutes and hopefully Rudiger and N Kante will be back.

Tammy does look sharp up front though, great to see him on the scoresheet again.

The39thStep and Badgers like this.
  8. DexterTCN

DexterTCN Official Twitter Liaison Officer

Bringing on Billy was the wrong thing to do.

Badgers and The39thStep like this.
  9. BCBlues

Yeah a bit strange that one. Cant wait for League Cup when we play "the kids".

Badgers likes this.
  10. BCBlues

Chelsea v Brighton PL2/ development squads is live on the 5th Stand or the Chelsea website right now.I hear Hudson Odoi might be playing.

Rudiger back for tomorrow's game against Wolves, we need him, itsgonna be a tough game.

Badgers likes this.
  11. DexterTCN

Badgers and BCBlues like this.
  12. BCBlues

Wow that some performance today. Scary at times but Mounts late goal settled the nerves. It's not going to be long before it all clicks properly for Frank and Jody. They got the tactics and formation smack on today against a Wolves side who baffled most of the prem last year with their style. It's just the defensive errors but Rudiger returning is massive.

Champions Lge next, then Liverpool. I was dreading facing Wolves and then Liverpool but we're looking ok.

13. DexterTCN

2 goals given away after Rudiger went off, sigh.

Anyway, great stuff.

Badgers likes this.