Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Chelsea FC 2019/20. Frankie Says Relax...

The39thStep

Good game to watch and a well deserved three points but defensively frail in the first half Kepa should have done a lot better with their second goal tbh. However lots of plus points Kovacic immense in midfield, Tammy's two goals, Mount very impressive again, Pulisic bright, Barkley terrible first half but a lot better second and could have/should have scored. Pedro pulling out was a loss tbh but its only a niggle. After the international break the coming month/six weeks should start to see the gradual introduction of the likes of Rudiger, Hudson Odoi, James and finally Loftus Cheek which should gives us more options tactically. Norwich tbf are going to win games at their ground.

BCBlues

Lend us a Twenner
Great game and great result. Mason Mount is really looking the business and Tammy must be feeling ten feet tall at the moment.

A couple of dodgy var decisions in there, the penalty shout and the stamp on Mason. How either weren't relayed back to the ref is beyond me and makes me wonder if it's all worth it if there are still going to be massive errors by officials.

BCBlues

Lend us a Twenner
Plenty for Frank to think about during the international break but most pressing is our defence and also why we keep running out of steam. We had the kick off in second half and still conceded straight away, from then the Blades were up for it and got a well earned point. We have a couple of tough games when we come back hopefully we will have worked on pacing games out for the full 90 minutes and hopefully Rudiger and N Kante will be back.

Tammy does look sharp up front though, great to see him on the scoresheet again.

BCBlues

Lend us a Twenner
Chelsea v Brighton PL2/ development squads is live on the 5th Stand or the Chelsea website right now.I hear Hudson Odoi might be playing.

Rudiger back for tomorrow's game against Wolves, we need him, itsgonna be a tough game.

BCBlues

Lend us a Twenner
Wow that some performance today. Scary at times but Mounts late goal settled the nerves. It's not going to be long before it all clicks properly for Frank and Jody. They got the tactics and formation smack on today against a Wolves side who baffled most of the prem last year with their style. It's just the defensive errors but Rudiger returning is massive.

Champions Lge next, then Liverpool. I was dreading facing Wolves and then Liverpool but we're looking ok.

BCBlues

Lend us a Twenner
Same set up as against Wolves for tonight except Zouma for Rudiger. Surprised Giroud not given a game but Tammy is bang on form so why change.

Ref tonight is...
Referee:
Cüneyt Çakir

Call him what you want after the game.

The39thStep

Mmm...difficult to change the team after the Wolves result but after Mount went off Tammy didn’t get enough service and being bold I’d have started a different line up tbh with more old heads and put the youngsters on later. We had chances but as it went on I thought Seville grew into the game . The get out of jail card with the penalty didn’t work out either. Hard to come to a decision but my instinct is that we will be back , as holders, in the Europa League come the end of the year.

BCBlues

Lend us a Twenner
Yep in hindsight I'd have liked to see Giroud muscle his way up front for the whole game.
Not the end of the world, just dont be ribbing your Man U mates about Thursday night football just yet.

The39thStep

Cant help thinking that we shouldhave got a point out of that game tbh. We've got a very young coaching staff with little experience and need to do something better with our defence. Marking , we do zonal, was shite for their second goal, two defensive subs in the first half didnt help but Tomori handled Salah really well. I'm sick to death of VAR and millimetre/big toe off side decisions not just our goal but in other matches. Tammy really should have scored one on one in the first half. Second half we were very good and a tad unlucky in front of goal. Kante man of the match. And if I can avoid Jamie Callagher commentating on Liverpool games in future I will.

DexterTCN

Mastodon noob
Can't help but feel proud as fuck of the boys today.

Just now I hate var, I'll probably love it another time...I don't think it detracts from the refs it just adds to the tension. (when they learn to use it fucking right)

Got to be careful of too much pressure, they're losing games but I like what I'm seeing.

At some point we'll have a fully fit team and that's going to be good to watch.

The39thStep

Can't help but feel proud as fuck of the boys today.

Just now I hate var, I'll probably love it another time...I don't think it detracts from the refs it just adds to the tension. (when they learn to use it fucking right)

Got to be careful of too much pressure, they're losing games but I like what I'm seeing.

At some point we'll have a fully fit team and that's going to be good to watch.
Cant see how either the decisions re Son at Spurs or Mount are 'clear and obvious mistakes' which VAR was introduced for

DexterTCN

Mastodon noob
Cant see how either the decisions re Son at Spurs or Mount are 'clear and obvious mistakes' which VAR was introduced for
var favours the better teams mate.

If you take luck out of the game...think about it.

Now fortunately...we're one of the better teams. :D

It's the money, innit...but I can't help admitting that it's starting to have an effect on me, tension wise.

BCBlues

Lend us a Twenner
Great performance in the second half and unlucky again against a top side. Kante is something else ain't he, that goal was as good as anything that Hazard could muster. Remember him? :D

The39thStep

Lots of youngsters played last night, Gilmour despite having the frame of a 12 year old was excellent in midfield his passing was superb , Reece James with two assists and a goal will surely challenge at right back this season. Maatsen came on for half and hour at left back and looked pacy and confident. Hudson Odoi played his first game since injury and scored. Batshuayi looked good with 2 goals, Pulisic was so and so tbh tried hard but should have scored guess theres a bit of confidence issue at the mo. Grimsbys goal was a belter btw.

BCBlues

Lend us a Twenner
I ain't seen none of the goals yet but am delighted with the result. Every win is a confidence booster for the youngsters.