Chelsea FC 2019/20. Frankie Says Relax...

Discussion in 'football' started by BCBlues, Jul 4, 2019.

1. GarveyLives

GarveyLives Well-Known Member

2. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

Any views on this? Do you think Chelsea FC are doing enough to eradicate this problem in comparison to other clubs?
    Do you think the club were right in looking at it from their own civil viewpoint and taking action as opposed to CPS who said there wasn't enough evidence?
    Or are you just happy to say Ha, told you so!

Theres a Kick Racism out of Football thread thataway. Why dont you enlighten us with your views in there but while you're in here, give us your views on whether our youngsters will really thrive given the transfer ban.

3. BCBlues

That was some goal by Pedro. Pulisic looking good too.

ska invita likes this.
  4. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

#lampardout

Bahnhof Strasse and Argonia like this.
  5. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Badgers likes this.
  6. Jamie Wyatt

Jamie Wyatt Well-Known Member

Don’t take me to other parts of this shitty forum please!!

B.I.G likes this.
  7. The39thStep

The39thStep Well-Known Member

Despite a 4-0 defeat ( and I can't remember the last time we lost 4-0 to Man Utd , possibly a cup final 20 years ago? ) there were loads of positives to get out of our performance and some concerns. We were very good first half , hit the woodwork twice and were the better team for 45 mins. Mount was arguably the best player on the pitch, Emmerson looks good in Lampards system , Tammy a good 45 mins,Pulisic took W-B on twice when he came in and beat him both times, the midfield looked strong and the pressing was excellent ( although not sustainable for 90 mins). Concerns - Zuma was dodgy to say the least , Azipuleta doesn't look the player he was and and not sure his skill set suits that position in that set up. I'd possibly play him at centre half instead of Zuma. Lampards tactics mean that if we lose the ball in transition the defence is vulnerable. Disappointing result but Lampard is the most inexperienced manager we've ever had so it's about learning from mistakes, managing risks and taking opportunities. We've got Rudiger, Hudson- Odoi, Rubén Loftus Ceek and Reece James to come back from injury. Having said that we've also got Liverpool in the Super Cup in three days time.

BCBlues, ska invita and Badgers like this.
  8. BCBlues

That's my big worry, this cup final, in Europe, against a side that thrives on fast breaks and has one of the worlds best in Salah still out to prove points (aggravated by some of our moronic element). Best we can do is concentrate on not conceding.
    Zouma looked awful, Rudigers return cannot come quick enough, we need strength and confidence at the back.

Lots of work for Frank to do but thankfully under our circumstances he will get the time required. If he can build a pretty effective squad with what weve got we should then have enough cash available for a top quality striker.

For United, Macguire looked the part, expensive but they needed him.

I think you're right about the 0-4 being the Cup Final The39thStep , and as disappointing as that day was back in 94 it was a turning point for the club, three years later we lifted the same trophy and the rest is history as they say.

The39thStep likes this.
  9. Pickman's model

Pickman's model every man and every woman is a star

we'll have to wait and see as it's still some time before chelsea will be able to buy in talent.

10. BCBlues

That's my point, we will be amassing millions meantime by selling deadwood to our rivals for £8m a pop :)

The39thStep likes this.
  11. Pickman's model

Pickman's model every man and every woman is a star

Badgers and BCBlues like this.
  12. BCBlues

13. The39thStep

Great peformance from Chelsea , havent seen Liverpools defence at 6s and 7s for some time.Two offside goals but fine margins and we hit the bar. The old heads Pedro and Giroud were great, Pulisic was a real menace, Kante was everywhere despite injury and fitness, Emmerson had a groin strain but was a titan, Mount showed that hes not out of his depth, and Kepa's double save from the defelected shots was great. Tomori at centre back for the last 30 mins was a surprise but he is very good on the ball I thought.We've got some real talent there.

BCBlues likes this.
  14. DexterTCN

DexterTCN Official Twitter Liaison Officer

Yeah. Rough on Tammy.

Handled the pressure well, played well. Did much better than I was expecting (which was a horror show).

BCBlues likes this.
  15. The39thStep

Just seen this photo. Might be me but are both his feet on the line?

[​IMG]

BCBlues and fuck seals like this.
  16. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Maybe not but the penalty for Chelsea's second was not a penalty so call it even eh?

BCBlues likes this.
  17. BCBlues

Great performance by Chelsea in what was a tough game this early in Frank's tenure.
    Kante was immense, he is well known for his workrate but too often his skills and talent are overlooked.

Badgers likes this.
  18. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Closer game than the pundits expected. I thought Chelsea played really well and agree regards Kante as MotM.

Thought Liverpool were far from their best and Chelsea were on top form. Not to take away from the performance mind.

BCBlues likes this.
  19. The39thStep

Obviously the referee had the benefit of a VAR review for the penalty that led to our second goal but I'm intrigued as to the VAR proceedure for penalty shoot outs and the new rules re penalties. It might simply have been that it was 0100hrs and everyone had had enough.

Badgers and BCBlues like this.
  20. The39thStep

Sarri has improved his passing and movement no end there was one clip where he just embarassed Milner

Badgers likes this.
  21. DexterTCN

DexterTCN Official Twitter Liaison Officer

from a youtube comment

'75% of the earth is covered by water the rest Is covered by Kante'

22. The39thStep

23. GarveyLives

GarveyLives Well-Known Member

24. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Link to the S*n :(

Argonia and BCBlues like this.
  25. BCBlues

The S*n is about Garveys level to be honest, leave him to it.

I'm happy with the clubs response, in particular Frank Lampards questioning whether this was the work of "a true blue" and the role that social media should be playing on dealing with these pathetic keyboard warriors.
    Paul Canoville too has made a strong contribution recognising the amount of work Chelsea are actually doing to eradicate this nastiness.

When GarveyLives can get his head out of page three maybe he would like to read these

Frank Lampard ‘disgusted’ at racist comments towards Tammy Abraham, and praises striker’s character, confidence and commitment | Official Site | Chelsea Football Club

Black youngsters should not 'fear' abuse at Chelsea, says Paul Canoville - Black youngsters should not 'fear' abuse at Chelsea, says Paul Canoville

Badgers and The39thStep like this.
  26. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Lucky to get a point against Leicester today

27. The39thStep

We should have been 2-0 up within 20 mins tbh. Anyway better than last year when they won that fixture.

DexterTCN and Badgers like this.
  28. The39thStep

29. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

30. BCBlues

That's great
    He played quite well too, some nice touches.
    Work very much in progress and against a good Leicester side so maybe the one point is not that bad.
    Zouma looking a lot more confident now too.