Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Chelsea FC 2019/20. Frankie Says Relax...

kabbes

"A top 400 poster"

I can’t quite see in that first goal — is that Hughes who wins the ball for Zola? That’s certainly how I remember that partnership working anyway. It’s that which Chelsea have often lacked since, except for when Drogba was basically a whole front line by himself.

BCBlues

Lend us a Twenner

I can’t quite see in that first goal — is that Hughes who wins the ball for Zola? That’s certainly how I remember that partnership working anyway. It’s that which Chelsea have often lacked since, except for when Drogba was basically a whole front line by himself.
Yeah its definitely Sparky (Number 10)

kabbes

"A top 400 poster"
No, I don’t even know what it is?

ETA: Ah, found it. Might register for that. I used to be on a CFC email list, like a precursor to forums, from about 1994 to about 2000 — maybe some of the people from back then are on that forum!

Last edited:

BCBlues

Lend us a Twenner
No, I don’t even know what it is?

ETA: Ah, found it. Might register for that. I used to be on a CFC email list, like a precursor to forums, from about 1994 to about 2000 — maybe some of the people from back then are on that forum!
Great. The match chat and rumours have the usual bun fights and quarrels between the "youngsters" but the vintage section is pretty laid back and is rammed with some good old stuff. Take your pick :D

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
Looking good for a win against the Heroic Hull. Suspect Chelsea would rather win/lose this one than draw :hmm: with a top four spot to maintain.

The39thStep

We scraped it. Good wins for Pompey, The Baggies, both Sheffield teams and Norwich.

Gonna be a great 5th round draw with Tranmere and Shrewsbury in there too :D
First half in control really first 20 mins second half hopeless . Ok their goal was an unlucky og but we didn’t brighten up till Gilmour came on imo. Thought Tomori was mom , Mount was good . Anyway we’ll get Man Utd next round or Spurs .

BCBlues

Lend us a Twenner
First half in control really first 20 mins second half hopeless . Ok their goal was an unlucky og but we didn’t brighten up till Gilmour came on imo. Thought Tomori was mom , Mount was good . Anyway we’ll get Man Utd next round or Spurs .
Gilmour looked quite good and I thought Zouma had a decent game too.

BCBlues

Lend us a Twenner
Zouma was good defensively but both him and Tomori pass square predictively all the time .
Hudson Odoi does the same or passes back too often. I can see the point of Frank's tactics to draw teams out so there's space but someone has got to make that break forward.

On a side note, there seems to be a lot of football lately. I can see where managers are complaining of injuries/fatigue etc, its relentless. Wheres this premier league break they keep going on about. I know they're overpaid tosspots but bloody hell, give em a break.

BCBlues

Lend us a Twenner

BCBlues

Lend us a Twenner
The 5th Stand app has the PL2 game on, its HT and its Chelsea 1 Leicester 0.

Shame to see young Lamptey go, he looked very confident when we bought him on the other week. I suppose playing in the same position as Reece James he realised he wouldn't be guaranteed much first team football . Good luck to him.

The39thStep

I was looking at our u-19s and development squad , we’ve lost two youngsters who are strikers to Hertha Berlin and Fulham and another is on loan so Giroud and the Batman are our only back up strikers

The39thStep

Half time thinking we were unlucky not to be 1-0 up, second half we score go 2-1 down look like we will concede more , score to make it 2-2 and now lucky not to be 4-2 down .

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
Lampard preferring to play without a striker than bring Batshuay on is odd :hmm: not a bad result away to 3rd place but Leicester a bit better today I thought.

Quite a tough run ahead for Chelsea now!

February:
Man Utd
Tottenham
Bayern Munich
Bournemouth

March
Liverpool/Shrewsbury
Everton
Aston Villa
Bayern Munich
Man City

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
A few (no official) sources saying Willian has agreed to join Barcelona in the summer when his Chelsea contract ends :hmm:

Not a big loss based on today's performance?

BCBlues

Lend us a Twenner
A few (no official) sources saying Willian has agreed to join Barcelona in the summer when his Chelsea contract ends :hmm:

Not a big loss based on today's performance?
I rate him massively still and will never forget that season he was the only one putting effort in week in week out, but...a lot of our supporters see him as lazy and I've started to see that in him. I reckon a move to Barca will be good for him.

Pleased with yesterday's result, some great personal battles, Hudson Odoi v Chilwell, Reece James v Barnes.

Whens this juggernaut called Liverpool gonna put the brakes on Badgers.

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
Hakim Ziyech: Chelsea reach agreement to sign Ajax winger - Hakim Ziyech: Chelsea reach agreement to sign Ajax winger

This is good news. Anyone coming from Ajax is ideal. They play very similar to Frank's idea of football so he should fit in well.

Do we need to get embroiled in the chase for Sancho now?
Sancho is an odd one :hmm:

Plenty of UK press claiming he stated 'he wants to leave to play in the premiership' but we can't really take that as a fact, especially when they have so little PL content to write about currently. Also the Borussia Dortmund manager has said he expects Sancho to stay past the summer window, but again can't count on that really.

Citeh have the 'first refusal' on him it seems so if they match the highest offer he is contractually obliged to go there. Also Citeh will get 20% of the signing fee as part of a sell on clause which will no doubt add a premium to an already high transfer fee. There are conflicting press reports saying he is definitely going to Citeh and others saying they are not interested.

Usual clubs being linked to him (Chelsea, Liverpool and Man Utd) and usual speculation as to how he would fit in the squad/etc,

Liverpool are a big draw at the moment but I can't see it given the figures being bandied about. They do want more younger (that the 27/28yo current front line) strikers given that the current front three are 27/28yo and will be off to Olympics/AFCON over the coming season. Financially they can afford him but his wage demands are high (£200k per week being the current estimate) and that would not fit. The only thing I can see happening here is that Nike will want a 'Poster Boy' to go with their kit launches and a young/English/big transfer probably appeals :hmm:

Chelsea makes the most sense to me. After the transfer ban ending and Lampard seeming to be settling in for the long term. They can afford it (any Hazard money left) for sure and really need more
firepower upfront. Starting the new season with Sancho, Abraham, Pusilic and Ziyech + others up front is a nice looking line up! Plus he will get more starts there than he will at Liverpool.

Man Utd is probably the least appealing (for now at least) for him but no doubt they will drop their pants on his wage demands and such if they really want him. He might like the idea of teaming up with Rashford (Lingard and Pogba? :D :D :D :D) as a pair of young England team strikers.

Interesting...

If decisions are made at the end of the season (even possibly after the Euros?) then the chance of CL football might be a factor. He has it guaranteed at Liverpool (or Citeh) with Chelsea probably 50/50 at the moment (is that fair?) but Man Utd are a long shot for CL football and possibly a bit shaky for a Europa place :)

The39thStep

Hakim Ziyech: Chelsea reach agreement to sign Ajax winger - Hakim Ziyech: Chelsea reach agreement to sign Ajax winger

This is good news. Anyone coming from Ajax is ideal. They play very similar to Frank's idea of football so he should fit in well.

Do we need to get embroiled in the chase for Sancho now?
Good signing, highly rated in the Dutch league and a decent price. Means Pedro can go and possibly William . Ziyech plays on the right so as much as Id like William to see out another season Ziyech is taking his position. Ziyeck is a good crosser of the ball running, corners and freekicks, and plays with his left as well.Wwith James as well that right hand side could be lethal.

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
Home to Utd tonight should be interesting.
Chelsea owe them after the 4-0 at Old Trafford back in August.

The39thStep

Ziyech's stats are very, very good.

So why's he so fucking cheap? :hmm:
Ajax tookout a £26m relase clause from his contract when they offered him a new contract last year. The fact that they didnt negotiate a new release caluse makes you think it was a trade off ie if a decent offer comes in at around what we value you rather than the 26m , you can go . Ajax apparantly quoted Roma £44m before Xmas.