Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Chelsea FC 2019/20. Frankie Says Relax...

planetgeli

There's no future in England's dreaming
"Score, score, scoring, score, scorer, goalscorer, finishing, killer instinct, score."

"Its quite clear from what Im saying now that we know where we need to strengthen"

Imma stick my neck out here and say Lampard is looking at signing a recognized goalscorer.

BCBlues

Lend us a Twenner
"Score, score, scoring, score, scorer, goalscorer, finishing, killer instinct, score."

"Its quite clear from what Im saying now that we know where we need to strengthen"

Imma stick my neck out here and say Lampard is looking at signing a recognized goalscorer.
He might take his tracksuit off and go do it himself:)

The39thStep

Didn’t see the game live as I was in a train but saw the highlights . A couple of things came to mind firstly Newcastle did frustrate us well defensively through the centre but this insistence on only playing a lone striker doesn’t compliment trying to play wide.Secondly Lampard needs to be find a midfield combination that matches tactics not just rotation. We are in fourth and with exception of Wolves our competitors results way again yesterday and are likely to today. However we’ve still got Liverpool , Man City and Man Utd away to come so we need some consistency . I don’t think any panic buying in January is going to help that .

BCBlues

Lend us a Twenner
Didn’t see the game live as I was in a train but saw the highlights . A couple of things came to mind firstly Newcastle did frustrate us well defensively through the centre but this insistence on only playing a lone striker doesn’t compliment trying to play wide.Secondly Lampard needs to be find a midfield combination that matches tactics not just rotation. We are in fourth and with exception of Wolves our competitors results way again yesterday and are likely to today. However we’ve still got Liverpool , Man City and Man Utd away to come so we need some consistency . I don’t think any panic buying in January is going to help that .
I watched a video of Drogbas goals last night to cheer me up ( on the 5th Stand). I noticed a lot of his goals came from assists from the like of Shevchenko and Anelka who were never prolific for us but caused enough problems around the box for Drogs to score so many. I thought exactly the same as you that the lone striker is not working enough for us, maybe Tammy needs a bit of help up there. It would have been nice to see Batshuayi and Tammy on at the end, we had them pegged back enough at that stage.

I'm still not convinced with Kepa. The bar saved him once and he looked static for the goal. We've been spoiled with some great goalies of late but Kepa is nowhere near their level.

The39thStep

I watched a video of Drogbas goals last night to cheer me up ( on the 5th Stand). I noticed a lot of his goals came from assists from the like of Shevchenko and Anelka who were never prolific for us but caused enough problems around the box for Drogs to score so many. I thought exactly the same as you that the lone striker is not working enough for us, maybe Tammy needs a bit of help up there. It would have been nice to see Batshuayi and Tammy on at the end, we had them pegged back enough at that stage.

I'm still not convinced with Kepa. The bar saved him once and he looked static for the goal. We've been spoiled with some great goalies of late but Kepa is nowhere near their level.
There was an article on one site ( it’s a subscription one so I could only read the top bit) but it suggested that Kepas stats on expected saves over this season didn’t justify his fee. He’s young so with the right coaching should improve on positioning etc .To rub it in Courteois is doing well at Madrid this season

The39thStep

Again with injuries we are having to rely on Mount if anyone for other shots in the box . Pulisic and RLC would give us other options.

BCBlues

Lend us a Twenner
Big game tonight despite the 5 point cushion we have as we're playing Utd and Spurs soon. Chasing pack from Wolves look like the only team who could actually beat Liverpool, we'll see Thu, but meantime we need to get some good home results.
Maybe a good time to give Ross Barkley a start and give Mount a rest. Alonso for Reece James too, he took a battering at Newcastle and maybe needs a rest too.

Over to Frank

The39thStep

We’ve played them off the pitch for good half hour. Luiz has done his best , could have let Tammy score and they’d be 1-0 down with 11 men but no gave away the penalty got sent off so they are 1-0 down with 10 men. We need a second just to put them out if their misery tbh otherwise we’ll have egg in our faces .

The39thStep

Can’t believe it again tbh scored a second but they scored a second with their second shot. Good game fair play to them defended well and took their two chances well but ...three points lost tbh

The39thStep

The battle for fourth is interesting this year.

Would rather your lot and/or Wolves kept Utd behind you. Can see Utd getting three points tonight too :facepalm:
Reminds me of last years battle for 4th place around March where noone had any consistency. Although it quiet now 4th place might be all about Jan transfers or a good short term fix transfer/loan , us United and Spurs all need reinforcements, Wolves too to a certain extent

BCBlues

Lend us a Twenner
Cavani being mentioned quite a bit. I could see Frank explaining to the youngsters the benefits of a short term fix and that's why hed be paid many times more than them, but I wouldn't want him hanging around for a year and half.

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
Cavani being mentioned quite a bit. I could see Frank explaining to the youngsters the benefits of a short term fix and that's why hed be paid many times more than them, but I wouldn't want him hanging around for a year and half.
Think he is worth it?

BCBlues

Lend us a Twenner
Think he is worth it?
I cant stand him or players like him tbh (mercenaries) but for the remainder of this season he could solve a major problem for us in clinical finishing. Tammy Abraham could learn a lot from him about that killer instinct that Frank keeps on about.

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
I cant stand him or players like him tbh (mercenaries) but for the remainder of this season he could solve a major problem for us in clinical finishing. Tammy Abraham could learn a lot from him about that killer instinct that Frank keeps on about.
Could be a good stop gap for sure. Not been following his recent form that closely. Think he can deliver in this Chelsea squad?

BCBlues

Lend us a Twenner
Could be a good stop gap for sure. Not been following his recent form that closely. Think he can deliver in this Chelsea squad?
Yeah Hudson Odoi is getting his confidence back and Reece James puts some great crosses in so he would have ample chances. Tammy has done fantastic but he has missed quite a few really good chances too. Hes young so he will get better.
Cavani would be a good short term fix until the summer. We'll be in a battle then with you guys to get Timo Wermer in.

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
You have a very good chance for 4th and not a lot of 'big name' strikers are moving so see the sense.
We'll be in a battle then with you guys to get Timo Wermer in.
Chelsea will pay more and likely offer him a regular starting spot
Liverpool are Liverpool

If he does move it is 50/50 I reckon

BCBlues

Lend us a Twenner
You have a very good chance for 4th and not a lot of 'big name' strikers are moving so see the sense.

Chelsea will pay more and likely offer him a regular starting spot
Liverpool are Liverpool

If he does move it is 50/50 I reckon
Yeah I think he'd be higher up the pecking order at Chelsea rather than Klopp's Liverpool.

The39thStep

Mixed feelings as our record with ‘veteran’ strikers isn’t the best tbh but I can’t see us landing our supposed key targets in January especially strikers department and buying or loaning a promising player at the moment is just more of the same. We need an experienced striker in Jan but not one who is on the books for years. Dunno if that is possible and tbh can’t think of anyone who fits the bill. I liked Jovic last year and he doesn’t seem to too much game time at Madrid maybe a loan. ? Obviously it looks like Giroud is off but I can’t fathom why Lampard has persisted with the Batman. He’s great in social media but he’s simply not up to the standard we need.

BCBlues

Lend us a Twenner
I'm with you on the Batshuayi angle, hes had enough chances to prove his worth. I think his league title winner at West Brom has clouded our view for too long. I'd have preferred to sell Batman and keep Giroud.

Tammy needs assistance otherwise he will end up like Kane and Rashford on the injury table potentially missing out on the Euros.

BCBlues

Lend us a Twenner
Chelsea, Man Utd, Spurs and Arsenal are so inconsistent this season. Frank does not seem to get half the stick other managers.
Expectation levels is part of it I reckon. I think most of our fans never expected to see us in the top 4. The use of our academy players has also been long overdue. Weve sent some great talent out on loan it's been great watching them play in royal blue.

Then theres Frank himself. He is a real legend here, all those goals from midfield. Hes a really nice, honest bloke too. I can see him managing England one day. That's when the media will look to kick him down.