Chelsea FC 2019/20. Frankie Says Relax...

Discussion in 'football' started by BCBlues, Jul 4, 2019.

1. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

Start of a new era at The Bridge where we actually start using our very efficient youth system? I hope so. I also hope that Roman realises that this is not one where if things don't immediately go to plan then it's ok to boot him out. Frank is rightfully a club legend and deserves to be treated as such. It's going to be interesting.

Spymaster likes this.
  2. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Starry Wisdom

I am so glad Frank's been appointed and wish him a long tenure at the club

Fez909, SpookyFrank, tommers and 2 others like this.
  3. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

Have they started looking for a new manager yet?

4. BCBlues

Who, Derby?

Badgers and Spymaster like this.
  5. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

Chelsea.

6. BCBlues

Super Frank is here to stay.

7. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

They'll finish fourth for no other reason than man utd will continue to be shit and arsenal will have a transfer budget of a fiver

SpookyFrank and Badgers like this.
  8. Pickman's model

he'll lead chelsea to the championship :thumbs:

Argonia and Badgers like this.
  9. tommers

tommers Your disco needs you

Such a very very odd choice. Still, if it worked for Man Utd then no reason it won't work here. Specially as they can't do any transfers and their best player has just left.

In that situation what you need is a club legend who has one season under his belt.

To be fair it could be fun for Chelsea fans to get a bit of a connection to the club again. I'd probably quite like it.

The games against us will certainly be (even more of) an occasion, so that's good.

Pickman's model and Badgers like this.
  10. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

:hmm:

11. tommers

tommers Your disco needs you

Seriously though, should be good this year. Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd all look catchable (I mean not by us but by others). Man City and Liverpool playing their own little rivalry out but then there are 6 or 7 teams that might take the next few spots.

Be interesting to see if Wolves can do it again etc. Nice to have a bit of uncertainty back.

imposs1904 and Badgers like this.
  12. BCBlues

This I'm looking forward to. If Liverpool and Man City continue at the level they hit last season it's no disgrace going trophyless for a couple of seasons while rebuilding. Maybe the tourists and glory hunters will shift their attentions up north and we can get something of an atmosphere going at the Bridge.

Theres been a lot of reports of "player power" going on at CFC, hopefully this will end when they realise that the manager is a real player, one who won loads of trophies and scored loads of goals and is also respected by the owner and fans.

Nice to see Jody Morris coming along too, his connection with the younger players will be an asset. Cech upstairs as well liaising between all parties. RLC has just signed long term, CHO will next.

It's going to be great.

tommers, SpookyFrank and Badgers like this.
  13. BCBlues

Last time we got relegated from the top flight, our manager was a likeable, attack minded midfielder, club legend who scored loads and won trophies with us...

Pickman's model and Badgers like this.
  14. The39thStep

The39thStep Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that the transfer ban is really going to affect us for one season tbh. The only position that we are potentially weak in the striker position but that was the same last season . We've a huge youth and loan pool from which to add to the first team squad and any team that has William, RLC, Hudson Odoi, Pedro and Pulisic isn't short of attacking options.
    Hazard is a loss but the plus side is that the coach and team are going to have to have a better plan b than just 'give it to Eden' .
    As for Frank, well personally I would rather have had Lauren Blanc as coach but his Derby team were good tactically and good to watch, on another day they would have made the playoff final. Yes it's a risk but realistically City and Liverpool are going to be top two, Spurs prob third and we will fight it out for fourth with Arsenal, Manutd who all have bigger problems with their squads. I think Everton will improve as will West Ham , Liecester and Wolves and one of them could make life more difficult for Utd and Arsenal.

BCBlues and Badgers like this.
  15. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

I think it is going to be an exciting season. Hard to call which of the 3-6 place clubs will catch up or at least maintain.

BCBlues and Pickman's model like this.
  16. BCBlues

Usual 6 will top the table I reckon and a bit of a chase from a few others.
    I cant see Wolves doing as well however. They caught a lot of teams out last season but that element has gone now, their tactics are already in Klopp and Pep and others notebooks. Add on to that the extra Euro games I can see a drop in league position.

Not enough to worry about relegation though. Not with Newcastle in disarray, Palace selling and all three newbies could find themselves out of depth.

Fez909, The39thStep and Badgers like this.
  17. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Wolves and Leicester have a chance of top six but it is hard to see it not being the 'Big Six' again.

Most pundits seem convinced that MCFC and LFC will be top two with the next four places hard to call but not challenging for top two. Hard to call as MCFC seem imperious despite the good morale from Anfield.

Chelsea (on topic) have a new manager, transfer ban and a troubled owner possibly looking to sell the club and a history of sacking managers. They still have plenty of loan/young players to draw on and hopefully the positively pays off. It won't be easy short term though. Talk of Drogba coming on board :cool:

Spurs have a great manager and stadium but will depend on their signings and squad. Should have been third comfortably last season. Eriksen looks set to leave but hanging on to Son is important.

Arsenal are hard to call. They are not (expected to be) spending big and only 5th last year. It is year two for Emery so maybe he will have found his feet :hmm: #wengerin

Utd a bit messy with Pogba and other ego players. If they sign more and start well they will likely be more in contention. Paying £85m for a player like Maguire is going to change fortunes imo. He is not a Keane or Kompany or Van Dijk by a long way.

18. BCBlues

Some surprise names in the opening pre season game, Zouma, Michy, Piazon, Kenedy, Izzy Brown. All players I weren't sure had left or not.
    Conor Gallagher looks a great prospect, if not because he plays very much like Lampard used to. In which case hes got the best coach he could wish for.
    Drinkwater and Bakayoko both in there too, maybe they can also make a mark this time.

Jody Morris definitely on board now which is great news. Like Lamps, he gas a great knowledge and passion about the game.

1-1 draw with Bohemians over in Dublin by the way with Michy getting our goal

Badgers likes this.
  19. Pickman's model

start as you mean to go on :thumbs:

upload_2019-7-19_13-58-56.png

Badgers and BCBlues like this.
  20. BCBlues

Early days yet. Even Bayern got beat by some unknowns the other day :D

Badgers likes this.
  21. The39thStep

The39thStep Well-Known Member

These pre season training games are about fitness, tactical experimentation and squad selection tbh. The Japanese League is midway through

Badgers likes this.
  22. I actually like the way that Frank is giving everyone a chance to stake a claim to place.

Too many Chelsea managers in the past just picked 15 players and let the rest rot. Winning isn't important at the moment (except in the public eye), giving the players a chance to prove themselves is.

BCBlues and Badgers like this.
  23. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Who are Kawasaki Frontale?

24. BCBlues

Sounds like a motorbike

Badgers likes this.
  25. Fourth in the J league I think and already up to speed in their league.

Badgers and BCBlues like this.