Chelsea FC 2018/19...Who's Sarri Now

Discussion in 'football' started by BCBlues, Jul 12, 2018.

1. TruXta

TruXta tired

Phil Neville is dumber than a bar of soap.

Badgers likes this.
  2. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

s-l640.jpg

He talks a lot of something that rhymes with this too...

Badgers likes this.
  3. TruXta

TruXta tired

White power? :hmm:

Badgers likes this.
  4. BCBlues

It's not gonna be Women's Power with him is it :eek:

Badgers likes this.
  5. The39thStep

The39thStep Well-Known Member

Fascinating dissection of how Sarri's tactics at corners try and create space for Rudiger to score

6. BCBlues

Point taken RLC, not just the hat trick but the overall performance and commitment.
    Start at Burnley? I hope so.

7. The39thStep

Interesting conundrum. First of all the squad aside from the forward position now has some real depth mainly through Sarris coaching in improving both RLC and Barkley. Hes also rejuvenated Pedro and Luiz and brought the best out of Hazard. The Jorginho signing was superb as was the shrewd loan deal for Kovacic. Secondly Sarri still wants improvement from the midfield in the defensive phase and clearly wasnt happy with the way the goal was conceded. Burnley will be a physical game and both Kante and Jorginho will be brought back. RLC could help with the goal scoring but I think hell be on the bench for Burnley.

BCBlues likes this.
  8. BCBlues

Great result and proof that we are not a one man team by a long stretch. RLC and Ross Barkley will no doubt grab the headlines especially with another round of England games coming up.

Thoughts with those up in Leicester. Hasn't been that long since we lost Mathew Harding in similar circumstances.

planetgeli and The39thStep like this.
  9. The39thStep

Midfield absolutly superb today and Barkley is looking an absolute steal for £15m . Good to see Morata being proactive and how unlucky was Giroud not to score. Correct decision not to risk Hazard as he'd only have got kicked. Sarri has done very well in rotating this squad .

10. The39thStep

Excellent cup tie last night with Frank's Derby very unfortunate not to take it to penalties. Derby play a good high press, swift transition into attack and hes really brought the best out of a number of young players and old heads.Fo r us Cahill was very average and I cant see him forcing his way on to the bench never mind the first team, Christensen did nothing to suggest that he should be in the first team either. Emerson was ok.Febregas just hasnt the pace and I think this is his last season tbh. RLC played well out on the right using his tsrength and skill. It was a pity that Hudson-Odi couldnt get on the pitch but that was due to Sarri having to make subs to sort the defence out. Bournemouth next.

BCBlues likes this.
  11. BCBlues

Yes it was a great cup tie. I saw Derby at West Brom a couple of weeks back and they played with the same speed and tenacity and thumped the Baggies 4-1. Frank has got them playing some good stuff in such a short time. The standing ovation he got at the end of last night's game was fantastic and well deserved.

Agree it's time for Cahill to move on, maybe the Championship ( a return to Villa with JT?). Fabs is slowing a bit but can still produce some game changing passes, maybe a slower league for him.

The39thStep likes this.
  12. BCBlues

A decent win I suppose, lucky at times but we never really went into 2nd gear.
    RLC had a decent game I think despite Spackman's negative ramblings, i think he wanted to be reporting on the Rangers game instead.
    Hazard looked very unfit tonight.

I watched the Arsenal game later, Welbecks injury looked serious. Any news on what's happened?

13. DexterTCN

DexterTCN Well-Known Member

Easily our worst game of the season and Bate were unexpectedly really fucking good at defending as a unit. Could have had a draw or better.

One point needed to win the group and a win on a bad night...I'll take it.

Badgers likes this.
  14. BCBlues

Did you know?
    Slavisa Jokanovic was Claudio Ranieri's first signing as Chelsea manager in October 2000.

From the BBC.

What do you reckon mod , a good appointment? That Premier title with Leicester was amazing but I think he struggled in some of his other posts.

He's well respected at the Bridge tho, I wish him luck.

Badgers likes this.
  15. mod

mod A modernist

Yes a good appointment but mainly because it’s not Alladyce, Pardew or Moyes.

Very sad to see Slavisa sacked. He’s s fine manager and we were fantastic on the eye last season. He has a sting CV.

- Three league titles.

- Two domestic doubles.

- An invincible league season.

- Managed in the Champions League and Europa League.

- Won two championship promotions.

BCBlues likes this.