Chelsea FC 2018/19...Who's Sarri Now

Discussion in 'football' started by BCBlues, Jul 12, 2018.

1. DexterTCN

DexterTCN Well-Known Member

Hazard takes your breath away sometimes.

The39thStep, sealion and poului like this.
  2. The39thStep

The39thStep Well-Known Member

Absolute class

3. The39thStep

That's was a great game against Liverpool and I'm proud of that sort of display especially given the fact that this only Sarri's 7th game in charge . Stuck to the game plan , the interpassing and looking to attack lasted the entire game. Liverpool were good but tbh they seem to have run out of ideas . Sturridges strike was magnificent and tbf all teams deserve a slice of luck when it matters. Kovocik was very impressive , Rudiger is a very underrated ball playing central defender and Hazard just causes panic by being on the pitch .

4. TruXta

TruXta tired

If Shaq hadn't missed a sitter and Firmino hadn't headed the ball into Luiz' feet no one would have said we're running out of ideas.

I'm not saying we deserved to win mind you.

Badgers likes this.
  5. planetgeli

planetgeli There's no future in England's dreaming

Neither, surprisingly, is Sarri.

You have a bit to learn, Sarri.

6. TruXta

TruXta tired

Don't know much about him tbh, but that grin he beamed at Klopp at the whistle made me smile.

SpookyFrank likes this.
  7. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

I noticed that. Two managers who are enjoying their football at the moment unlike some others I daren't mention :D

Agreed Step that yes Rudiger is very under rated. His pace to clear that Salah effort was unbelievable. Alonso too is superb to have in the team.

Never really noticed those Liverpool youngsters, Alexander-Arnold and Robertson before but they both look pretty impressive.

Both games this week have been intriguing to watch. I doubt our clash with MOL Vidi in the week will be as intense but maybe even Morata might be able to net one, you never know.

8. The39thStep

There were hadn'ts and hads at both ends, same as Wednesday . Truth is , looking back on the game, that we will feel it's two points lost and Liverpool will be grateful for Sturridge and the point . Cracking game in terms of tactics and modern coaching .

9. TruXta

TruXta tired

You might well feel that, my disagreement was that we're running out of ideas. Our style of play works. We score a good amount of goals and don't concede many. Can't complain about that really. Either way I hope this season is more open than the last, and that you lot and us can keep this up. Let Arse and spurs squabble for fourth :cool:

The39thStep likes this.
  10. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

11. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

Both teams had the chances to win it today, so a fair result.

12. BCBlues

Super Frank back at the Bridge in the League Cup. Great draw ( along with Burton v Forest and West Ham v Spurs).

13. TruXta

TruXta tired

That's brilliant. Even better if Derby wins :D

BCBlues likes this.
  14. imposs1904

imposs1904 Thread Killa'

Is he just incredibly lucky or incredibly unlucky? I can't decide.

BCBlues likes this.
  15. The39thStep

Prob same small group that was singing about Hillsborough. They dont represent anyone but themselves.

16. The39thStep

We've got two loanees at Derby who I really want to see play against us, especially Mason Mount.Hope both clubs can come to an agreement.

BCBlues, sealion and Badgers like this.
  17. sealion

sealion Well-Known Member

Sadly its doing the rounds, a mate of mine has heard it at palace a few times this season.

Badgers likes this.
  18. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank We kill the flame

Was good to see some heartfelt congratulations for Sturridge from his former teammates as well.

BCBlues, sealion and Badgers like this.
  19. The39thStep

Good away win against a typical Mark Hughes side is defend deep, have six players booked, give it twenty minutes when you are in the game , couple of speculative long shots and then complain about the ref. Barkley one assist one goal now looking a bargain at £15m, Hazard again superb and another goal and finally 31 passes leading up to a delightful Morata chip. Players still learning under Sarri but a lot better start to the season that I imagined. Man Utd up next after the international break

BCBlues likes this.
  20. BCBlues

Great win and a good result from Anfield.

Chelsea and Arsenal rampant while those two couldn't muster a shot on target for over an hour :D

21. TruXta

TruXta tired

Rampant against dross. Yes, it was a shit game between LFC and City, but I don't think you can compare it to playing versus a bottom team.

22. BCBlues

Not quite as good as Arsenal's but what a build up and smooth finish

Badgers likes this.
  23. BCBlues

I've only managed 5 Live today but it sounded like a great game on the radio. Headlines will all be about the bust up at the end though.

Badgers likes this.
  24. The39thStep

Game of two halves and six minutes injury time. Chelsea dominated the first half and then we looked tepid mistake ridden and disjointed for 30 mins of the second. Martials second goal was superb . Last fifteen we mpved the ball more quickly and had chances. Draw was about the right result but if we had had a consistent second half we would have been out of sight.
    Apparantly the technical assistant who celebrated in front of Mourinho shouted 'This ones for Eva ' :)

DexterTCN, BCBlues and Badgers like this.
  25. BCBlues

If that's true about the EVA move it's brilliant :D

I had to explain Fergie Time to a non football fan who asked me why I shouted Yes when no one had scored.

imposs1904 likes this.
  26. The39thStep

Its even more brilliant that I made up the Eva thing

imposs1904, Riklet, Badgers and 2 others like this.
  27. planetgeli

planetgeli There's no future in England's dreaming

That is actually quite brilliant and how vicious rumours start. Did something similar with the death of Noel Edmonds at Reading festival in 1998.

Badgers and The39thStep like this.
  28. The39thStep

I put it on Twitter but no takers yet

Badgers and BCBlues like this.
  29. BCBlues

You got me to be fair. Come on let's spread it far and wide :D

Badgers and The39thStep like this.
  30. The39thStep

The celebration by Sarri's technical assistant in or near Mourinhos technical area and Mourinhos actions will get a bit of press I suspect . On one hand its a last minute goal in a competitive second half in which we are trailing . United had committed 17 fouls, had six yellow cards and fouled Hazard numerous times. We'd got drawn into a physical second half , lapsed into playing a period of terrible long ball football and only had ourselves to blame, so to score in the last minute to retain our unbeaten record yes the stadium should be shaking.
    However whilst I am sure it was pent up exasperation and in the heat of the moment it was unnecessary and if it had been the other way round at Old Trafford I wouldn't have liked it.
    Mourinho may well have been our most successful manager and I'll give him his due in that he didn't over celebrate but he didn't exactly endear himself to fans when he had a go at Conte two seasons ago for encouraging the home crowd to raise the atmosphere and holding up three fingers to signify it was him not the players who won three league titles. Credit to Sarri for saying he would address the issue immediately after the match. On NBC Phil Neville in a burst of neutrality and objectivity was calling for the assistant to be sacked immediately lol.

Badgers likes this.