Chelsea FC 2018/19...Who's Sarri Now

Discussion in 'football' started by BCBlues, Jul 12, 2018.

1. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

Ken Bates might give you £1 :)

Badgers likes this.
  2. The39thStep

The39thStep Well-Known Member

Think this is just a rehash of several rumours over the past month linked to the visa. Is £2b the magic number for clubs these days? The Liverpool bid was £2b as well.

Badgers likes this.
  3. The39thStep

Another step foward although a truly avoidable goal if a)despite an obvious foul we play to the whistle and b) Luiz actually performs like a centre half and challenges/jumps with their goal scorer. 82% possession in that game and playing away . Morata is edging back to looking like a striker and Hazard despite being kicked off the pitch was sublime.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
    BCBlues, Badgers and sealion like this.
  4. sunnysidedown

sunnysidedown Well-Known Member

Never a penalty & never a free kick to you lot for the second.

Ref giving you lot everything all game.

5. The39thStep

I suppose he got worn down by having to constantly blow his whistle for every foul you lot committed. Must have affected his judgement.
    You happy with Newcastles performance ?

BCBlues and Badgers like this.
  6. sunnysidedown

Happy is pushing it a bit all things considered. However under the circumstances (losing our captain, our (current) best outfield player, fielding a clearly unfit striker, and a total lack of squad depth) I thought we did ok, we frustrated you lot all game. The ref though was a joke, do you honestly agree that was a penalty?

Badgers likes this.
  7. BCBlues

8. The39thStep

Difficult call , defender touches the ball but also makes contact with the player preventing a goal scoring opportunity. So on balance yes. Tbh I was more concerned about the elbow to Giroud but if we hadnt got the penalty you would have just stayed in your half. I like Benitez , I liked him at Stamford Bridge, I'm surpried that another EPL club or a club from abroad hasnt come in for him especially the way he has been treated by your owner. I dont blame him for the defensive tactics , if he thought that was required fine and I'm glad Sarri came up against that tactic early during the season as a learning experience. Btw I think Rondon could do well this season and I had the misfortune to see an ex player of yours playing for Benfica this season, Ferreyra who has ben underwhelmimg.

9. sunnysidedown

We'll have to agree to disagree on that penalty, never a penalty in a million years imo. The tactics were not pretty, not enjoyable and all about damage limitation. I'm not sure what else Rafa, under the circumstances, could do. There is a deliberate attempt by Ashley via the club itself (ie, rafa will be backed in the transfer market, he wasn't - again), and via Ashley's stooges in the media (Richard Keys, Andy Gray etc), to underimine Rafa and get him to walk. We'll see what happens this season but there is no way he will be at NUFC next season if Ashley is still here.

Rondon arrived on the last day of the transfer window clearly lacking match fitness, hopefully he can get up to speed soon. And I feel your pain having to watch Ferreyra, hopeless player. If he wasn't out injured he was keeping the bench warm for the majority of the season he was on loan with us.

The39thStep likes this.
  10. The39thStep

what happened to the scout you had a few years ago who brought in all those French players?

11. sunnysidedown

Dreadful? not pretty but it needed a dodgy penalty to get you lot a goal after 70 minutes. You can thank Ashley that we have to resort to playing the way we do, and it's not much fun for us believe me, especially when it's against a pretty average looking Chelsea side. But what else do you expect? we kept Hazard (a cracking player btw) quite and we basically looked for a chance to nick one. It took the referee to give you lot a penalty and a ridiculously soft free kick otherwise we could of got a point out of the game.

you may of had 80% of the possession but you didn't do much with it.

average cost of our players - £4.5 million
    average cost of your players - £30 million

Shots on target for you lot - 3
    Shots on target for us lot - 2

Badgers likes this.
  12. sunnysidedown

I hear he found himself a pair of concrete socks and is currently residing at the bottom of the Tyne.

Badgers likes this.
  13. TruXta

TruXta tired

I've heard this argument before, but I just can't see what's in it for Ashley if Rafa goes. If anything RB is Newcastles greatest asset at the moment.

Badgers likes this.
  14. The39thStep

The best stat was:

Jorginho completed 86 passes out of a possible 92 in the first half (93.5%), 19 more than the whole Newcastle side combined (67)

[​IMG]

15. sunnysidedown

Not wishing to clutter this thread, so i'll keep this short.

Rafa is everything that Ashley hates, he wants success for the club. Success means investment, Ashley is only interested in using the club to advertise his shops. His aim is to keep us a mid-table side on the cheap, a gamble that has cost us relegation twice under his ownership. On Sunday he had Flannels (his high-end tat shop) flashing up along with SPorts Direct (he's already got the House of Fraser's website pointing to Flannels, https://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/ ). He's had free advertising since he bought the club and that's all he's interested in. 90 minutes of free advertising. He's also made millions from player sales and TV money that has been funneled out of the club.

He's backed up by plenty of his wanker mates in the press, Richard Keys, Andy Gray being the two biggest gob shites. Then there's the assorted ex managers who we despise that always seem to be wheeled out for their opinions on us - Souness, Allardyce to name two. And let's not forget the assorted ex-NUFC employess who we fucking hate - ie the big one, dennis fucking wise. This is the assortment of cunts that you hear in the media pushing the Ashley line. Cunts the lot of them.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
    BCBlues likes this.
  16. TruXta

TruXta tired

I don't disagree with any of that, but regardless, the greater Rafa's success despite little to no investment in the squad/club, the greater the riches Ashley & Co can extract. Otherwise why hire him in the first place?

17. sunnysidedown

Aye crazy isn’t it. Welcome to the world of Mike Ashley.

18. BCBlues

It ain't nice to see. I've followed football long enough to see major changes at most clubs and Ashley has definitely done his best to profit himself on the reputation of one of the best supported teams in the land.

19. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Fair play to Hazard

20. The39thStep

Some of the passing by Chelsea in that game was sublime and Sarri made good tactical substitutions at exactly the right time. A work in progress .

Badgers likes this.
  21. BCBlues

I dont normally like International breaks but i think this one has come at a good time for Sarri to assess what he's working at, which players will be playing where.

Not a bad start however, up there with Liverpool and the mighty Watford.

Badgers likes this.
  22. LiamO

LiamO Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

upload_2018-9-13_13-52-51.gif upload_2018-9-13_13-52-51.gif At first glance, I thought WTF is Emery doing meeting the Dalai Lama :facepalm:

steveo87 and BCBlues like this.
  23. The39thStep

Another straight win not without its flaws but nevertheless 4 goals against a determined Cardiff. Lost a bit of pace and rythym in the second halfthrough being patient but were reward with two second half goals . Hazard exceptional, Giroud very good . Work in progress , top of the league although its very very early.Looking forward to more of a test aganst Liverpool soon who i think will fight it out with City for the league

BCBlues likes this.
  24. poului

poului a bit overrated

Great to see Eden enjoying himself.

BCBlues and The39thStep like this.
  25. BCBlues

Willians goal was a pearl and Hazards performance was something special.

Thursday night football is back :D 17.55 kick off seems a little odd.

26. DexterTCN

DexterTCN Well-Known Member

The team's great now at moving forward as a unit, still not great at moving back that way though (the cutback goals we let in showed the gap between defence and midfield when going back).

Great start, sweet looking football.

27. BCBlues

Spymaster and sealion like this.