Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Chelsea FC 2018/19...Who's Sarri Now

BCBlues

Lend us a Twenner
Shame about Sarri as I liked his football.

Can't see Lampard being ready either. There is not a great choice of experienced top flight managers available is there? Chelsea is a big club but does turn over managers and with the transfer ban it will be tougher to keep up.
At least the revolving door in our managers office wasn't pushed by us this time, by all accounts hes been really missing his family and home country. Along with Hazard they are a big loss to the Premiership as they were both characters in their own way.

Pickman's model

every man and every woman is a star
What an odd way of saying they've finished outside top four for the last 3 seasons
context is of course everything and BCBlues' post is the context in which my reply should be seen. His suggestion that it was unusual for arsenal to finish in the top four prompted my reply looking at the longer record.

binka

!!!!!!!!!
context is of course everything and BCBlues' post is the context in which my reply should be seen. His suggestion that it was unusual for arsenal to finish in the top four prompted my reply looking at the longer record.
It is unusual with the current arsenal team. Very unusual in fact. I wonder how many of the current arsenal team were at the club last time they finished top 4?

Pickman's model

It is unusual with the current arsenal team. Very unusual in fact. I wonder how many of the current arsenal team were at the club last time they finished top 4?
I daresay you should be wondering how Chelsea will do next season on this thread and take such detailed questions about arsenal to the arsenal thread.

binka

!!!!!!!!!
I daresay you should be wondering how Chelsea will do next season on this thread and take such detailed questions about arsenal to the arsenal thread.
Oh don't worry I'll certainly be giving you plenty of opinions in the arsenal thread too.

As for Chelsea well I wonder if the Kepa debacle had anything to do with Sarri wanting out. Bit humiliating that and he didn't seem to get much backing from the club I bet he was furious. Unless they make an OGS style mistake with their next manager theyll still finish above arsenal though :thumbs:

Pickman's model

So the season that just ended is "the longer record"
A dig at more recent events which ignored arsenal's great consistency in the top four for many years. If for us a run of poor form is coming sixth or fifth three seasons in a row, most clubs would kill for that sort of shit season.

binka

!!!!!!!!!
A dig at more recent events which ignored arsenal's great consistency in the top four for many years. If for us a run of poor form is coming sixth or fifth three seasons in a row, most clubs would kill for that sort of shit season.
Most clubs would yeah, just not the ones with ambitions to be in the top four

Pickman's model

Most clubs would yeah, just not the ones with ambitions to be in the top four
All premiership clubs have ambitions to be in the top four, even if not all those ambitions really realistic. Go down to Bournemouth and tell them they don't aspire to top 4, or west ham or wolves or Newcastle and they'll soon put you right.

binka

!!!!!!!!!
All premiership clubs have ambitions to be in the top four, even if not all those ambitions really realistic. Go down to Bournemouth and tell them they don't aspire to top 4, or west ham or wolves or Newcastle and they'll soon put you right.
Agreed Bournemouth, Newcastle sounds about Arsenal's level now

Pickman's model

Agreed Bournemouth, Newcastle sounds about Arsenal's level now
We'll find out about Newcastle in arsenal's opening match of the season. My prediction? A healthy 2-0 to the arsenal

We have a decent manager for next season. Can you say the same?

BCBlues

Lend us a Twenner
You forgot Crystal Palace and their annual "we're going to Europe" shenanigans before yet another Benteke dry run

binka

!!!!!!!!!
We'll find out about Newcastle in arsenal's opening match of the season. My prediction? A healthy 2-0 to the arsenal

We have a decent manager for next season. Can you say the same?
Bit early for that you don't even know how many of your half decent players will be leaving yet