Chelsea FC 2018/19...Who's Sarri Now

Discussion in 'football' started by BCBlues, Jul 12, 2018.

1. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

At least the revolving door in our managers office wasn't pushed by us this time, by all accounts hes been really missing his family and home country. Along with Hazard they are a big loss to the Premiership as they were both characters in their own way.

Badgers likes this.
  2. Pickman's model

Pickman's model every man and every woman is a star

Yeh let's pretend over the last twenty years arsenal have finished outside the top 4 more than thrice

Badgers likes this.
  3. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

What an odd way of saying they've finished outside top four for the last 3 seasons

BCBlues and Badgers like this.
  4. Pickman's model

context is of course everything and BCBlues' post is the context in which my reply should be seen. His suggestion that it was unusual for arsenal to finish in the top four prompted my reply looking at the longer record.

Badgers likes this.
  5. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

It is unusual with the current arsenal team. Very unusual in fact. I wonder how many of the current arsenal team were at the club last time they finished top 4?

6. BCBlues

Mine was more a dig at recent events i.e. the season just ended.

7. Pickman's model

I daresay you should be wondering how Chelsea will do next season on this thread and take such detailed questions about arsenal to the arsenal thread.

8. Pickman's model

Yes I gathered that

9. BCBlues

So the season that just ended is "the longer record"

10. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

Oh don't worry I'll certainly be giving you plenty of opinions in the arsenal thread too.

As for Chelsea well I wonder if the Kepa debacle had anything to do with Sarri wanting out. Bit humiliating that and he didn't seem to get much backing from the club I bet he was furious. Unless they make an OGS style mistake with their next manager theyll still finish above arsenal though :thumbs:

BCBlues likes this.
  11. BCBlues

We could finish above Arsenal even with Rafa at the helm :thumbs:

12. Pickman's model

A dig at more recent events which ignored arsenal's great consistency in the top four for many years. If for us a run of poor form is coming sixth or fifth three seasons in a row, most clubs would kill for that sort of shit season.

BCBlues likes this.
  13. Pickman's model

Let's see how you do with auld lampy

14. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

Most clubs would yeah, just not the ones with ambitions to be in the top four

BCBlues likes this.
  15. Pickman's model

All premiership clubs have ambitions to be in the top four, even if not all those ambitions really realistic. Go down to Bournemouth and tell them they don't aspire to top 4, or west ham or wolves or Newcastle and they'll soon put you right.

16. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

Agreed Bournemouth, Newcastle sounds about Arsenal's level now

17. Pickman's model

We'll find out about Newcastle in arsenal's opening match of the season. My prediction? A healthy 2-0 to the arsenal

We have a decent manager for next season. Can you say the same?

18. BCBlues

You forgot Crystal Palace and their annual "we're going to Europe" shenanigans before yet another Benteke dry run

Pickman's model likes this.
  19. Pickman's model

I have no desire to embarrass palace fans here

20. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

Bit early for that you don't even know how many of your half decent players will be leaving yet

21. Pickman's model

Yeh, well I've confidence in the club.don't know who'll be joining either, we'll have to wait and see