Chelsea FC 2018/19...Who's Sarri Now

Discussion in 'football' started by BCBlues, Jul 12, 2018.

1. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

2. Pickman's model

Pickman's model every man and every woman is a star

Badgers likes this.
  3. BCBlues

They're all out on loan

Badgers likes this.
  4. Pickman's model

leaving you only able to field a 5 a side squad with 1 sub :(

Badgers likes this.
  5. BCBlues

We would still put 4 past some defences :D

Badgers and Pickman's model like this.
  6. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

#sarriout then

7. BCBlues

Be a shame if he does. "Sarriball" was definitely on show the other night.

Badgers likes this.
  8. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Sounds like a done deal already. Shame for Chelsea and the PL as he was starting to produce some football.

9. editor

editor hiraethified

10. BCBlues

First half maybe. Second half was a cracker for us.

Badgers likes this.
  11. The39thStep

The39thStep Well-Known Member

The venue didnt contribute to amy atmosphere whatsoever . Fans about 200 metres away from the pitch. It looked like subbutteo on a snooker table. However you couldn't fault Chelsea's second half display , it was clinical , intelligent movement and interpassing between Arsenals lines, superb finishing and a joy to watch.

DexterTCN and Badgers like this.
  12. The39thStep

If he goes the Board should hang their heads in shame. We dont seem to build a squad around a managers tactics so he's worked with square pegs in round holes but he's improved Emmerson, RLC, Barkley and CHO no end and if the transfer ban is not to be appealled against he is someone who could do wonders with our returning loanees. The fact that Juventus want him says something about his standing in European football.

DexterTCN and Badgers like this.
  13. BCBlues

Kante also looks to be relishing the different roles that Sarri has given him. He certainly did in the final the other night and put in a couple of decent crosses, something that Giroud has been crying out for.

Our form in the last few weeks improved massively, let's hope that can continue into next season under Mr Sarri.

SpookyFrank, The39thStep and Badgers like this.
  14. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

#hazardout

planetgeli likes this.
  15. planetgeli

planetgeli There's no future in England's dreaming

Apparently so. Doesn't this mean #Baleout now? If it didn't before.

Badgers likes this.
  16. The39thStep

Although I'm disappointed I can't knock Hazard and the club the way they've played this. No hissy fits , no going to the media . He said he wanted to go, club negotiated one more year everyone stood by that and he gave his all in the final year. Will miss him but all the best to him . With addons it could come to 130m.

BCBlues, S☼I and Badgers like this.
  17. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Who should they buy with the £130m... Oh no :facepalm:

;)
    Sorry :D

I do agree with your post. Both club and player come out of this looking good. Damn sight better than Sterling, Couthino did, and more than likely Pogba will do.

BCBlues, The39thStep and S☼I like this.
  18. S☼I

S☼I there must be something wrong, boys

He's going to be a loss to the league and I would think very difficult for Chelsea to replace. Does the transfer ban include loan signings?

Badgers likes this.
  19. The39thStep

Good question , I dont know. I do know that it doesnt include extending existing loan signings ie Higuain and Kovacic although i'm not at all sure if the club will extend their loans if Sarri goes to Juventus which is increasingly looking likely. Cant replace Hazard but we could build a good tactical team that relies a little less on individual brilliance which is of course what Sarri has been trying to do. I wouldnt have Lampard as next manager I'd go for Blanc for a couple of seasons.

We've appealed the transfer ban but I think the club are planning for it to be reduced to one year rather than have it lifted. If thats the outcome we have Pulisic signed already he plays wide or attacking midfield but he's only 20. Obviously we will have Ruben Loftus Cheek and Hudson Odoi back some time in the Autumn after injury. Out of the loan players Zuma ( last year at Everton), Reece James ( Wigan), Mason Mount ( Derby) Ola Aina ( Torino), Abrahams ( Aston Villa) could all have a place in next years squad . We also have to decide what to do with Morata, Batshuayi, Bakayoko.

Badgers and BCBlues like this.
  20. BCBlues

I dont think it does because players on loan remain registered with the parent club. This ban only excludes us from registering players not actually buying them.

As for Hazard it's a great loss to us and the Prem in general. I'm so glad hes gone in such a respectable manner, he deserves it. He took a lot of kickings in the prem, it was the only way to stop him, but he rarely lost his cool, not sure the cheeky ballboy from Swansea will agree :D.
    I'd put him up there with Cooke and Zola as one of the most gifted players to wear a Chelsea shirt.

kabbes, Badgers and The39thStep like this.
  21. BCBlues

The Sarri leaving talk is getting a bit more realistic and the club again seems to be doing the honorable thing by letting him move on given the "heavy" year hes just endured.
    Personally I'd like to see Zola stay and take over while we are in such transition (Hazard, Sarri, Roman, transfer ban). We looked good towards the end of the season I'm sure Zola could continue that with the resources available.
    All this going on and we'll still finish above Arsenal and Man U next season.

Badgers likes this.
  22. S☼I

S☼I there must be something wrong, boys

Also Moses to come back.

If you can still get loans in wouldn't Bale be a great signing.

Badgers and The39thStep like this.
  23. BCBlues

He'd be great to see in a Chelsea shirt but I'd like to see us use the transfer ban to tidy up things for now. Far too many players out on loan and a wealth of talented youngsters at our disposal, least of all Hudson Odoi.

Badgers and S☼I like this.
  24. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

Depends on how much of his wages they'd have to pay. According to the below he's on £350k p/w
    https://www.totalsportek.com/money/real-madrid-player-salaries/
    Might be worth at punt at £150k but if they wanted the full amount Id say definitely not worth the risk, especially with all those millions of young players desperate for a chance

Badgers likes this.
  25. BCBlues

Maurizio Sarri: Chelsea agree deal for manager to join Juventus - Maurizio Sarri: Chelsea agree deal for manager to join Juventus

Funny old times at the Bridge. It might be as good a time as any to bring Super Frank in with Jody Morris. Its early in their managing/coaching careers I know but this club really has to settle down with a long term plan at some stage.

Good luck to Sarri as well, he worried us for a while there in the winter with those heavy defeats but from the League Cup Final onwards we looked good especially that
    Final second half.

steveo87 and DexterTCN like this.
  26. The39thStep

All leaves a bad taste in my mouth tbh. Yes he wanted to return to Italy but I think the board would be in a better light if they had publicly backed him when he came under criticism. Just seems an unsatisfactory end to last years pursuit of him. In a year when City and Luverpool were untouchable he finished 3rd, lost on penalties to City in the League Cup Finsl and won the Europa League. Not bad imo and I fail to think of another manager who we could have had who would have achieved that. He's improved a number of players and tbh with the transfer ban he would have been ideal on bringing other players through . I wish him all the best . Juventus will be tough anything but winning the league will be seen as a failure .
    Personally I'd have gone for Lauren Blanc for a year or so and then look at Frank and Jody. At the moment I just think they'll be out of their depth against the more experienced coaches at Spurs and Arsenal . I actually lean more towards Santos at Wolves ( and Wolves agent) than Frank tbh or even Bournmouths manager. There aren't too many top coaches who are available this year just feel we wasted last season just to start again. Ah well that's Chelsea for you.

Badgers and BCBlues like this.
  27. BCBlues

SpookyFrank and Badgers like this.
  28. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Shame about Sarri as I liked his football.

Can't see Lampard being ready either. There is not a great choice of experienced top flight managers available is there? Chelsea is a big club but does turn over managers and with the transfer ban it will be tougher to keep up.

BCBlues and Pickman's model like this.
  29. Pickman's model

I'd be ecstatic to see lampard at chelsea

Badgers likes this.
  30. BCBlues

You would be, the Gunners might even finish top four for a season or two :)

Badgers likes this.