1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chelsea 2016/17

Discussion in 'football' started by The39thStep, Aug 16, 2016.

1. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

Really didn't expect Conte to turn things around so quick but wow, not only has he delivered the Premier Lge but he's also installed a bit of passion about us, right through the club to the fans. The scenes after the game at West Brom were great.
    Brilliant.

sealion and Badgers like this.
  2. fuck seals

fuck seals Well-Known Member

Watched it in a bar in telaviv and outside of the shouty pushy tears of a stray manc the consensus was a job well done by the Chelsea and conte

For my money the two most important things are the final outing of the Terry years and a hint of playing a much more likeable style

BCBlues likes this.
  3. BCBlues

Bang on. Conte's proved he can adapt the squad to the demands of the Prem, he's made it more interesting along with Klopp and Poch. Sean Dyche at Burnley epitomises what a bit of graft can achieve at this level too.

The Terry years, I like it, Drogs,Lamps and Cech too. A great era but like you say time to move on otherwise we will end up like the Arsenal :D

SpookyFrank and fuck seals like this.
  4. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Congrats to Chelsea for winning the league in some style. Great squad and performance throughout.

But...

what a fucking tool Terry is. Twat to the very end. Makes Cristiano Ronaldo look modest by comparison :facepalm: :D

imposs1904 likes this.
  5. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

I liked the Terry send off. He was there from the age of 14 and once he broke into the first team he was irreplaceable not only surviving the mass transfers that the Abromivich money brought in but actually becoming one of the key faces of the clubs success. He was often , along with Lampard, Drogba , Cole and Cech the stability that allowed the club to be successful under so many different managers. Like many Chelsea supporters I loved him to bits ,even the traces of Kenny Power type ego ( although to be fair he pales into insignificance compared to Zlatlan and Ronaldo). big headed but big hearted. Probably the best centre half that the Premiereship produced and actually given his parents behaviour a credit in a struggle against adversity.

kabbes likes this.
  6. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

7. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

An interesting twist about a number of individuals placing bets on Terry being subbed on that minute, with odds of up to 100-1 being paid. At least one of them had never placed a bet before but 'had a feeling'.

8. The39thStep

Wish I had thought of that before the game

Spymaster likes this.
  9. BCBlues

I think you have to be a Chelsea fan to appreciate that the send off was actually a really nice gesture by JT to involve the whole stadium. Fair Play to Sunderland for allowing it to happen too.

Garth Crooks, dear oh dear, get over it, JT showed you up as a pompous twit with useless interview techniques years ago. Have a look at JTs achievements and dedication and then tell me he didn't deserve a special send off.

Spymaster and The39thStep like this.
  10. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Oh, hey wait, it's all about me, just me and I'll make sure it's all about

ME!
    Such a nice man as well!

11. BCBlues

One of the best 'team' players the Prem will ever see. And yeah despite media attempts to crush him more than once, he does put a lot back into the game and it's links with CLIC Sargent etc

Spymaster likes this.
  12. The39thStep

Those who have played with him speak highly of him, perhaps they should just judge him on the tabloids.

DexterTCN, LiamO and Spymaster like this.
  13. BCBlues

14. BCBlues

Chelsea statement

Sensible move. A mass unorganised gathering is not what our security services need right now.

15. DexterTCN

DexterTCN Well-Known Member