1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chelsea 2016/17

Discussion in 'football' started by The39thStep, Aug 16, 2016.

1. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

We were well beaten yesterday, so it's no good going on about the blatant hand ball and the injuries.

It is worth going on about why we didn't send Costa packing on the first slow boat to China. He done nothing yesterday but try to get sent off, same at Spurs when we also lost. We would have been better off giving Batshui some real time and also putting Hazard as a false No 9 to confuse opposition now and then. As it is we are stuck with Costa until the summer then hopefully we will break the bank to get Lukaku back.

We'll still win the league, Everton away is our toughest game. As for Spurs, they look like champions but surely they can't keep this form up and hope that we fail to win two out of our last six.

2. DexterTCN

DexterTCN Well-Known Member

Sweating balls here.

Fucking Costa.

3. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

The Alonso injury had a huge impact.It left Hazard isolated and switching the full backs made no impression. Tbf Costa didn't have much service mainly because neither Kante or Mattic play passes over the top. We should have started Fabregas or at least put him on half time. Too many bad or predictable passes, too many slips and terribly shot shy. United were the better team ok the suspension of the handball rule didn't help for the first goal but they looked likelier to score, had more energy , closed us down quickly and looked more aggressive.
    On the other hand we have had a good run at Old Trafford for a few years and perhaps as fans we have become a bit complacent. Hopefully we will turn up at Wembley next week and beat Spurs.

BCBlues and DexterTCN like this.
  4. baffled

baffled Well-Known Member

Should've left Zouma out (he still doesn't look right after his injury) and moved Pedro to left wing back with Willian in midfield, back 3 stays settled that way.

Also have to wonder what Batshui has to do to get a game and why we brought Ake back.

BCBlues and The39thStep like this.
  5. The39thStep

Well Batshui got a game and whilst enthusiastic was pretty much an irrelevance imo. Tough game , Spurs were very good but couldn't last the test. Subs made a real difference at a crucial stage in the game and sometimes the best goal falls to the least expected. Terrific tussle and a great semi final , difficult opponents who ever wins tomorrow but hopefully Spurs will take a dip now and the the double could be in for us .

BCBlues and Badgers like this.
  6. BCBlues

Cracking game. My one worry over Conte was that we could be predictable but boy did he prove me wrong yesterday.

Nathan Ake was excellent. Proof that going out on loan to a premier side can pay off, something that we should consider for Batshui who done just about enough but nothing special, a bit like Costa this year.
    MOTM . .. Zouma, for that reaction :D

Confidence has to be high right now going for the double.

7. DexterTCN

Backspin for the win :)

8. The39thStep

God knows what motive Southampton had to play like that but they were good! Very tough to break down and kept coming like some drunk you can't get rid of in a bar. Great performance by the Blues though , dogged , determined and at some times the intensity and passing was sublime. The last goal crowned the night, intelligent interplay and a costa beating two players after setting the move up and finishing powerfully . Champions like performance.

sealion likes this.
  9. DexterTCN

The last goal was embroidery. The confidence and connection to be able to play like that at this time of the season 'under pressure'.

Excellent all over the pitch...bit of a crazy yellow card for Kante...dunno what that was about.

10. BCBlues

C-SKts7W0AIF5Lq.jpg

Talking about crazy :)
    Great win but we haven't kept a clean sheet for months now.
    Nice to see Costa getting back on track though.

11. BCBlues

It's the big one, it's #FAYouthCup Final day. Chelsea vs Man City to a finish, Stamford Bridge, 7.45pm, live on #ChelseaTV/ITV4. Sold Out

(From the CFC Youth Team Twitter)

12. The39thStep

Well we've won the Youth FA Cup yet again 6-2 on aggregate against City. Brilliant record in this competition, can't see it being beaten.

Badgers and DexterTCN like this.
  13. Eggby

Eggby Well-Known Member

Not better than Man United

14. The39thStep

Yes your right ,next year we could equal Uniteds run in the 1950s

15. Eggby

Eggby Well-Known Member

Yep Chelsea have done well lately, the City kids must be getting fed up being drubbed in the final

16. kabbes

kabbes "A top 400 poster"

Almost there... stay on target...

Badgers likes this.
  17. DexterTCN

3 goals...3 nutmegs, must be a record.

18. BCBlues

He played better than when he came with the Villa :D 'Boro were dreadful. West Brom might be a tougher call but I think our lot will want to wrap it up and let JT and the youngsters see the season out.

I thought Conte was brilliant by going to applaud the 'Boro fans, nice touch.

19. sealion

sealion If you can't dance just nod your head

I met a fairy today who granted me one wish.
    "I want to live forever," I said.

"Sorry," said the fairy, "I'm not allowed to grant wishes like that."

"Fine," I said,
    "I want to die when Spurs win the league then."

"You crafty bastard" said the fairy

Badgers, imposs1904 and BCBlues like this.
  20. BCBlues

Tonight's game is like watching Tipping Point with that big star teetering over the edge with three last shots to win it.

Badgers likes this.
  21. kabbes

kabbes "A top 400 poster"

Except hopefully less shit

Badgers likes this.
  22. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

23. BCBlues

24. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Yeah, yeah yeah....sore losers.

25. agricola

agricola a genuine importer of owls

well done, best team in the league by miles

26. DexterTCN

27. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

Nice to see conte has faith in his team to catch him when they throw him in the air

28. The39thStep

Winner came from a most unlikely source Imo but fair play to him being in the right place at the right time. Excellent season,great team spirit and a fearless and astute coach. God knows what it would have been like if Mourinho had stayed, couldn't have been as bad as last but it would never ever have touched the heights we reached this season.

sealion and BCBlues like this.
  29. The39thStep

Might not be the same case at a certain North London club

Pickman's model likes this.
  30. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

Yeh, you'd be a fool to trust spurs like that

agricola and The39thStep like this.