1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chelsea 2016/17

Discussion in 'football' started by The39thStep, Aug 16, 2016.

1. DexterTCN

DexterTCN Well-Known Member

He was offside!

Anyway...yes. Very good weekend. Big games coming up. No team on 52 points or more at this stage ever lost the league. :hmm:

2. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

It inconcievable that we won't drop points but the big question is which team will drop less to make up the gap.

3. DexterTCN

We pretty much win or lose, we've only had one draw. We've dropped 11 points with 3 losses.

Spurs have lost 14 points lost just from draws. Liverpool 12. City dropped 8 from draws and 15 from losses (lookin at you, Pep).

No easy games.

sealion and Badgers like this.
  4. The39thStep

I think Spurs only have two games left against any of the top five clubs

5. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

Ryan Mason: Hull City midfielder talking again after fracturing skull

Wishing him all the best in recovery.

Some of those sides down the bottom half will be scrapping for survival. Hull played really well yesterday, unfortunately for them they were up against the best side in the land. Swansea looked good too and you really wouldn't fancy a trip to West Brom or Stoke lately.
    The only teams you wouldn't mind playing are Sunderland and Palace, both dreadful.

The39thStep and sealion like this.
  6. sealion

sealion If you can't dance just nod your head

I cannot see beyond Chelsea winning the league. Spurs don't have the depth in there squad that Chelsea do also the uefa league distraction. Three of there last four games are against United, Arsenal and West ham which could be academic by then anyway. Arsenal have tough fixtures in April and May plus champions league commitments and negative infantile fans that boo them off at half time. Liverpool can't beat teams like swansea and Bournemouth and will drop more points along the way.

BCBlues and Badgers like this.
  7. DexterTCN

2 big games coming up.

Apparently Liverpool paid £50k to get Mane back from Africa in time but his jet hit a turbulent bureaucracy.

He'll still play, their season is falling apart. They really need something from this.

4 points from these two games is more than possible.

BCBlues and The39thStep like this.
  8. BCBlues

Which Liverpool will turn up?? The ones that were running teams ragged for fun or the lazy lot who lost three in a row ??

They will certainly be looking to Mane to resurrect them. He himself will be looking to bounce back after missing the crucial pen that dumped his nation out of the cup.

Willian is back on form though for us. Pedro is playing some clever football too. Hazard and Costa could be vital but both still tend to disappear now and then (Tottenham).

Like you say DexterTCN four points would be enough this week but we've only drawn one game this season, all or nothing for the Blues. These are the two games that prompted Conte to switch formations so it will be interesting to see how we fare with different tactics.

9. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

Is there a more soul-sapping scoreline 20 mins into a game you are looking forward to than (Anyone) 0-1 Chelsea (especially Chelsea away from home)?

A bore fest to follow?

10. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

I reckon Luiz mishit that and got lucky.

11. DexterTCN

47 goals in 22 games.

12. BCBlues

It was Liverpool who closed the game down for a draw. We brought on Pedro to go for a winner which twice he nearly got.
    Maybe under José yeah we could be a bit tedious for neutrals and people who know nothing about football like yerself, but under Conte we're a different proposition.

13. DexterTCN

Nearly took it at the end as well. Other results went our way.

Hazard was terrible, came to a life for a bit in the second half.

14. The39thStep

I believe you Jim.

JimW and Spymaster like this.
  15. The39thStep

Chelsea have been the most entertaining away team this season .if you want soul sapping go to Old Trafford .

16. The39thStep

Good old Arsenal and Spurs.

17. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

:D

18. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

Just to clarify... as a neutral, I'd much prefer Chelsea to concede the first goal - every time - against the top sides. Then they have to come out and play. And they can certainly play.

Different story against the bus-parkers.

The39thStep likes this.
  19. LiamO

LiamO Share the love

Playing the man instead of the ball. Who'd you think you are, JT?

Spymaster likes this.
  20. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Was hoping for a bigger bite really.

The39thStep and Spymaster like this.
  21. The39thStep

BC Blues is probably quicker than JT

22. The39thStep

Great comment in the match report in the Guardian. When ever I see Clattenburg I will be reminded of a young Cockers in his formative years.

23. BCBlues

2017-02-01 18.10.07.jpg

Bless him, he wouldn't hurt a fly :D

24. BCBlues

Super Frank is finally hanging his boots up then.

I wonder if he'll go for coaching/ management or media.I reckon he will do really well in whichever one he chooses.

25. DexterTCN

Rather see him as a pundit on tv. Even things up a bit.

26. BCBlues

He might have to wear a red - tie though to fit in :D

Badgers likes this.
  27. DexterTCN

Not sure which was better....Hazard's goal or Conte's celebration.

"Oh....Fabregas is magic, he wears a ma..."

28. BCBlues

Superb...Both of them.
    Our biggest opposition now will be complacency but I think Antonio will be able to deal with that by giving the youngsters a crack.

Burnley away next, no easy game at their place. They have one of the best managers in the league in Sean Dyche who will let his players know that this is their time to shine in front of the Champions to be.

29. The39thStep

Superb display. Agree about Burnley excellent at home and keep going to the end.
    I know its early but I have been looking at League Player of the Year odds. Hazard is 3-1 which is what I backed him at two years ago when he won. Justified favourite imo. Costa is up there as well and Kante is 9-1 which is great value.

30. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

fair enough, deserve to win the league... Some beautiful football played.... Was a pleasure to see arsenal taken apart.... Though next season another collapse with a mid table finish would be preferable