1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chelsea 2016/17

Discussion in 'football' started by The39thStep, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Fez909

Fez909 um...

No. The mighty boro are going to defend their little hearts out.

#wishfulthinking

We always get tanked by you lot, so I imagine you're right :(

2. DexterTCN

DexterTCN Well-Known Member

Well good luck, hoping it's a great game :)

3. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

Except in the (best forgotten) play off finals :D

Fez909 likes this.
  4. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Tough game this but Costa does the business again

5. The39thStep

Very good away win but I must admit my heart was often in my mouth when that Traore got the ball. Very pacy , strong but thankfully his final ball iwas often questionable.

6. DexterTCN

Bloody hard to break down. Moses was great.

7. BCBlues

Probably our toughest challenge yet in this recent excellent run. You can see why Boro have stopped City and Arsenal in their tracks but we are looking very organised.
    A deserved win that puts us in a deserved position.

8. BCBlues

I think he's wearing Willian's boots from last season :D

9. The39thStep

That was satisfying despite conceding our first goal for months. Hard to understand Pochettino's remarks that they were the best team. They had the first half bar ten minutes but second half we flew out of the traps and should have scored the third.

10. DexterTCN

Edge of the seat stuff :) Pedro's goal at the end of the first half was wonderful.

11. The39thStep

Fantastic away win. We rode our luck tbh City could have should have got a second goal but we took our chances well. Needless thuggery from Aguero and bullying from Fernandino at the very end but that will cost City in suspensions .

BCBlues, poului and Badgers like this.
  12. BCBlues

The miss by De Bruyne was unbelievable so yes we certainly rode our luck but you cannot take anything away from a great performance as the game went on. It certainly wound the City players up :D

The high riding Baggies up next then relatively easy fixtures against Sunderland and Palace away then Bournemouth and Stoke at home. We should still be top at the end of the year.

13. DexterTCN

Probably my favourite game of the season. The way we fought, the way we fought back.

Utter belief.

They gave Costa MotM but for me it should have been Luiz. Never thought I'd say THAT!

BCBlues likes this.
  14. DexterTCN

That was like playing in mud. Were they playing 6-3-1? Fair play it nearly worked.

Being goal-scoring monsters (lookin at you Costa) I suppose we'll get more of that as the season goes on.

Sunderland away next. Yuk.

The39thStep likes this.
  15. The39thStep

I can't remember us ever winning at Sunderland under Mourinho and over the years the North East hasn't been a particularly good to us in away games so this was a good hard won victory. We really should have added to Fabergras strike as it was only a superb save by Courtouis that prevented what would have been an undeserved draw. Six points clear but we have the hectic Xmas and New year fixtures to face.

BCBlues likes this.
  16. BCBlues

Courtois made an earlier save after a mistake by David Luiz, he still worries me but I think the system we are playing provides cover if he does make a mistake. His forward passing has been excellent though and a major part of why we are good on the break.

And talking erratic defending, we got Palace next. They were unlucky last night as Ibra shouldn't have even been on the pitch when he scored. Let's hope we can keep this momentum going.

17. The39thStep

Well that was easier than I thought it would be.We cut out their wide players ,stifled their midfield and created the better chances. Palace worked hard but that was about it. Only disappointment was that we should have converted at least one of the second half chances.

18. BCBlues

Yeah it got a bit tense at the end until Townsend landed the ball in Croydon town centre. I did expect the game to be chaotic, Palace tend to do that, our whole team are very organised though and kept the game under wraps.

Batshuyi has a chance to shine now in Costas absence.

19. DexterTCN

Big day today :)

Badgers likes this.
  20. BCBlues

The build up to the last few games has been a bit tense due to the record(s).

21. DexterTCN

Sweatin balls here :p

Have to watch it on the bloody net as well.

22. The39thStep

Stoke are one of those teams that either turn up or don't turn up , they gave us a hard time last season .

23. The39thStep

A little less stressed now

24. The39thStep

Shite goal to concede :(

25. The39thStep

Normal service resumed :)

26. The39thStep

Can't fucking believe this :(

27. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

That was fucking poor, tbf.

28. The39thStep

Barmy we are in the lead again :)

29. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

30. The39thStep

Costa great finish :)