1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chelsea 2016/17

Discussion in 'football' started by The39thStep, Aug 16, 2016.

1. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Couldn't see a new thread for the season so thought we had better make a start.

Good three points against a side that I think will finish top 8 or higher with a good coach.
    What's different under Conte ?
    Far better tempo , we move the ball quicker . Team seemed to win the second ball more and had better anticipation Kante makes a real difference alongside Mattic allowing Oscar in particular to play a more natural game. Defence looked a little more cohesive.

Didn't think we missed Fabregas in that sort of game .

2. DexterTCN

DexterTCN Well-Known Member

We probably need a centre back and a striker. Probably. No Europe though so not the same strains.

Gary Neville made a great point last night about how Hazard turns off when he thinks he's done enough.

3. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

I think the Hammers only came at us after we scored the pen. There wasnt time for them to do that after Costa's goal so a good hard earned victory.

JT has still got it, im pleased he decided to stay.

4. BCBlues

That Batshuayi chap looks pretty good.
    Which is a good thing given that Costa has commited four obvious yellow card offences in two games.
    His goals have been well taken but in both games he was lucky to still be on the pitch. Apart from that we've looked more organised under Conte in these two games than we did all of last season.

Bristol Rovers up next in the League Cup or whatever it is called these days.

5. DexterTCN

Apparently we're offering PSG £30 million to get David Luiz back. :hmm:

6. BCBlues

Attached Files:

7. The39thStep

Kennedy off on loan to Watford which could be a good experience for him as he needs game time although I will miss him. It would be good if he could establish a regular position, I have seen him at left back, right back, wing, midfield and attacking midfield so far.

BCBlues likes this.
  8. The39thStep

Luiz back at the Bridge ,nice one :)

9. tommers

tommers Yourdisco needs you

Buy Matic
    Buy Luiz for cash + Matic
    Buy Matic
    Sell Luiz
    Buy Luiz

You lot are bonkers.

10. poului

poului a bit overrated

You say "you lot" like the whole Premier League transfer market isn't equally insane.

11. BCBlues

Lets hope Mr Conte can get it through to Luiz that he is a centre-back, not a winger.

Agree on Kenedy, we will miss him, he always looks eager to get involved, but yeah at least hes on loan in the prem.

Bristol Rovers have done well out of us with Jake Clarke-Salter and Charlie Colkett going there on loan. Two of our best academy players over the last few years along with Tammy Abraham whos already doing well on loan with their neighbours City.

12. BCBlues

I remember Andre Mariner giving Arsenal a pen against West Brom when Corzola dived and was about a foot away from the Albion defender.

Nothings changed there then, hes still useless.

13. The39thStep

We wouldn't have come back to get the draw under Mourinho. Conte has made a big impact not least tactically and in fitness but equally as important in attitude. We seem more resilient and this with virtually the same first team as we had last season. Should have finished the game off before half time . Needless penalty as the keeper simply didn't read the ball right and was too slow to intercept. The second goal shouldn't have stood however a very good away performance .

14. BCBlues

Yes it was a good performance against a gritty Swansea side. Costa was outstanding.

15. The39thStep

Utterly appalling first half , better second half but how many times do we give the opposition a lead in the first 45 mins?

16. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

not enough tbh

Badgers likes this.
  17. BCBlues

Dreadful. When's Zouma back?

18. BCBlues

Great performance today.

We're seeing more of our youngsters these days under Conte, something Josė never really did. Nice to see Moses being appreciated too.

poului likes this.
  19. BCBlues

jose-mourinho-antonio-conte_5614hbhae8k019simn2zj133a.jpg

Come on folks...what was Jose saying here :hmm:

20. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat vote proletaricat democracy

as a neutral, can i just say :eek:

21. BCBlues

Most of our loanees come back pretty much the same as when we shipped them out but Victor Moses time at Stoke City has vastly improved his game, well done Potters :)

22. DexterTCN

Not sure we've conceded a goal since we went 3 at the back.

Apart from Azpi our defence isn't great but the new system is working somehow. Luiz is terrible 1 v 1 but it rarely seems to happen and never when he's last man. Cahill and Alonso on the left free up Hazard to move all over the place as he seems to like to start on the left (but goes anyplace he likes). Costa is at the top of his game and in control, the young ones keep getting minutes, Courtois is under less pressure and we have what seems to be a bloody good squad who will gel even more as the season goes on. Terry and Zouma still to come back.

Currently sitting in 4th with only one point in it. Lots of trials to come but happy tonight.

23. poului

poului a bit overrated

Really hope we can keep this form going through the tough fixtures.

24. Bonesy

Bonesy 9"

City may be above them but Chelsea look the most balanced TEAM I've seen this season. The 3-0 v Arsenal was an aberration, they'll be right in the mix if they stay focused.

25. BCBlues

A lot of good things are being said about Hazard and Costa this season and rightfully so but I'll say it again, Victor Moses is playing to the top of his game.

Defence record speaks for itself, makes you wonder if JT will ever get a regular place in the team again?

26. Bonesy

Bonesy 9"

Think he's finally done. Should just bow out now imo. He's arguably the best defender the Premier League has seen, nothing left to prove.

27. DexterTCN

Wow. I'm in heaven here. Sublime.

28. BCBlues

Nice little cameo by JT at the end there, out to shut me and Bonesy up :D

The clean sheets are fantastic, Courtois will be growing in confidence even though it's the back three of Cahill Luis and Dave that are doing the hard work. It's a great system we are playing and we have replacements in all positions. Great stuff

29. The39thStep

pretty much a faultless display. There were players who excelled but most importantly we are playing as a unit.

30. DexterTCN

Top of the league today then?