Chelmsford City v Hamlet, National League South, Saturday 26 October, k.o. 3pm

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Pink Panther, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Back to league action with points at stake. Remember Chelmsford charge extra to pay on the day, you can save by booking an advance ticket online via their website. (I've already created my account last season which was very straightforward.)

Adults £13 in advance, but £15 on the gate:

Admission & Prices

The ground at Melbourne Park is about a 1.5 mile walk from Chelmsford station with frequent services from Liverpool Street via Stratford, and frequent bus services running from the bus station opposite the train station to the ground during Saturday shopping hours.

scousedom and StephenMac like this.
  2. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

I’m up for this one - first away game I’ve managed for a while.

Pink Panther and StephenMac like this.
  3. NPDHFC

NPDHFC NAC-ITM

1-1. Probably a fair result. They won first half. We won second.

editor, StephenMac and Pink Panther like this.
  4. RabbleLevi

RabbleLevi Well-Known Member

Felt like two points dropped.

We were rubbish in the first half against a team that did very little running and were only really dangerous from crosses...they scored from a cross. We had no width and lost every second ball. The weather didn’t help and with the wind Chelmsford were a lot more dangerous. Chelmsford were average at best for 90 minutes, we were just poor.

Second half we were far superior, pressing, winning the ball, putting dangerous balls into the box and recycling possession when Chelmsford cleared their lines. The difference, more energy from every player to win the second balls and a lot more support offered by Barnes and Connors. Our goal was scrappy, Smith the scorer.

Another brilliant performance from Hunte who for large parts of the game looked the only player willing to run and take on players. Mills was uncharacteristically quiet. Yussuf did a lot of sulking, he doesn’t look good enough which is a shame given his scoring record for Folkestone. Vose much improved in the second half and kept the midfield ticking.

Gavin seems content with three at the back, and two wing backs which has seen some more consistent results in recent weeks but we have struggled to create chances. Clunis and White were brought on late but with only 13 minutes had little time to make any sought of impact.

5. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

I got very lost on the way to the ground. Rank first half in driving rain but we could have and probably should have got the win in the second half. Connor Hunte is absolutely becoming the key man. Death to all running tracks.

6. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Imagine the ground’s not perfect for Chelmsford fans... but having lost their old town centre ground & having been exiled from their home town for a good few years they’re aware it’s not perfect but the alternative of being exiled is a lot worse.
    At least the ends are brought inside the track & although the main stand is quite set back it is elevated well with decent sight lines...
    And as an aside, their burger van was excellent.

Blitzwalker and Pink Panther like this.
  7. editor

editor hiraethified