Chelmsford City v Dulwich Hamlet - Monday 13th August 2018

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Pink Panther, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

The games are coming thick and fast now, this wil be the third in just six days against last season's 3rd placed club. The ground is around a mile and a half from Chlemsford station and is an athletics stadium with Enfield-style terracing behind the goals inside the running track.

I would urge anyone intending to go to read the link below from the CCFC website if you want to save a bob or two. Matchday admission price is £15 for 18-64 year olds and £10 for over 65s. However if you buy online in adavance those prices are £13 and £9 respectively. All you have to do is create an account by following the link within this link, pay with a credit/debit card, and the ticket(s) will be emailed to you to print out yourself. There is no booking or administration fee at least for debit cards, I can't be absolutely certain for credit cards:

Information - Chelmsford City FC

The ground is in Salerno Way, Chelmsford, CM1 2EH, arrowed on map linked below:

Location Map.

2. YTC

YTC Human Man

^ The online tickets are genuinely cheaper, no booking fee etc.

Dulwich Mishi and Pink Panther like this.
  3. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

Just booked... cheers PP

Pink Panther likes this.
  4. peter foster

peter foster New Member

Deadline for online ticket sales is noon tomorrow.

Looking forward to this one. I rooted for you guys all last season hoping you would pip Rickaaay to the Isthmian Premier Title.

I recall your attendances were around 1500 to 2000 before you were forced out of Champion Hill. Will you be travelling in numbers tomorrow?

Just to say that we have Sharp's Atlantic Bitter and Doom Bar on handpump in the clubhouse and our burger bar is considered to be one of the best in the league.

Safe journey!

5. Pink Panther

Cheers Peter. Sharp's Atlantic is a superbly refreshing summer ale, far superior to the ubiquitous Doom Bar IMO.

It looked like we might beat GTFC to the title in early April when the wheels were falling off, but Harry Wheeler seems to be a good enough coach to get things done without interference from above. Ultimately we paid the price for losing three consecutive matches in January followed by three consecutive draws. 92 points from the other 40 matches was a phenomenal achievement.

Our two home attendances have been 727 and 822, and we took around 400 to Welling (which is almost as close to Dulwich as Mitcham) last Saturday. I would hope we can take at least 100 tomorrow night. We played at Billericay on Tuesday evenings in March in each of the last two seasons (and won both times) and took around 250-300 each time, but the games come thick and fast at this time of the year and early season midweek away matches are maybe not quite so appealing to the more occasional away supporters.

6. peter foster

peter foster New Member

I agree about the ale! Doom Bar, in my view, is bland and its sales nationally are maintained by a large marketing budget!

May I ask a question. How were Dulwich able to maintain such high attendances at Ryman level?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  7. Pink Panther

I think we cornered a bit of a niche market within Inner London. All sorts of serendipitous reasons. Right next to a train station in Zone 2, another one on a different line a few hundred yards away, six bus routes passing the ground, vibrant area undergoing gentrification (spit!), but most importantly a word of mouth thing via social media.

There's just no other similar club within Inner London. Hendon and Wingate & Finchley might have similar potential on the other side of the river but they don't quite have the same advantages.

darryl likes this.
  8. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Should be a good game, Chlemsford one of the favourites and have an excellent set up
    Hope we manage to get a few along to get behind the boys - amazed at our growing away following - but this is a difficult one
    (interesting to note in passing only 90 Salford fans at Sutton on Saturday so money not buying much love)

9. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

In and a new ground for me (as will be most this season.

10. Pink Panther

I think 90 supporters for a 400 mile away trip is respectable enough. They have a couple more away trips down south coming up, it's not just a one-off beano to London. People might be on holiday, or be short of cash if they've just come back from holiday, or they may need to save their money for keeping their children entertained during the school holidays.

clog, sealion and Matt The Cab like this.
  11. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

I wouldn't want to travel 400 miles to Sutton on a Saturday afternoon if I had a choice :D

sealion, Jamie Wyatt and Pink Panther like this.
  12. RabbleLevi

RabbleLevi Member

Interesting team, Obviously picked for what is expected to be a tough evening. Walters and Tomlin make way for Clunis and Jay. Carew in for Ferguson. Same defence means Green and Chambers are still out. Not sure about the formation, Clunis starting on the left or up front will probably decide the shape of the team. Will be tuning in on the Radio. Cmon you P&B!

Attached Files:

13. PartisanDulwich

14. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  15. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

Always liked that Nyren Clunis. Lethal in front of goal.

pettyboy, jnrknight, darryl and 9 others like this.
  16. gnar182

gnar182 i am an okay person

Thanks for sharing, great coverage.. thought I’d be watching updates on skybet.

17. RabbleLevi

RabbleLevi Member

2-1 Dulwich, Carew Pen, very controversial by the sounds of it...

18. Pink Panther

Looks like it's
    The linesman put his flag up for offside but the ball had been played back by a defender, negating the offside call.

PartisanDulwich and RabbleLevi like this.
  19. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

2-2. Bah!

20. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

21. PartisanDulwich

2-2 - Ref under pressure to even it up

22. PartisanDulwich

attendance 991

editor likes this.
  23. PartisanDulwich

Over 100 listening on line to Mr Bale

baleboy_93 and editor like this.
  24. the 12th man

the 12th man Well-Known Member

Ft 2-2
    Listening to Tom Bale radio it seemed a very good performance and point against a team that will be there or thereabouts!

25. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

It's not a bad result at all. :thumbs:

PartisanDulwich likes this.
  26. PartisanDulwich

27. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Mid table mediocrity is just fine by me!

Oh, did anyone take any pics I could use on Buzz?

28. Pink Panther

I'm sure others will have better ones but you're welcome to use these if they're suitable:

20180813_211443.jpg 20180813_203807.jpg
    IT'S A GOAL!

20180813_200010.jpg

editor likes this.
  29. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

In contrast to the game these photos are not particularly exciting.[​IMG][​IMG]

editor likes this.
  30. pitchfork

pitchfork Well-Known Member

What’s the issue with Football Pages no team list and scorers?