Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

*Cheap/free London!

friendofdorothy

Solidarity against neoliberalism!
The ky Garden, 20 Fenchurch St is free, though booking is required two or three days ahead or visit; ID is requested on entry. Once up on top, there is no obligation to spend a penny and you are free to wander around all 360 degrees.
Thank you sounds interesting.

hash tag

chillin
Unlike the Shard, it is free. Also, you can still walk round all 360 degrees and views are good. The Shard turns everything into tiny minatures, people looking like ants etc. Worth the booking hassle.

sim667

Licking windows on the 303 bus.
Im in london for a work thing tomorrow till 5..... I don't suppose anyone knows about any fun stuff happening after?

Mandy224

Meetup - Meeting new people as a group. This is interest based and can be quite good. Although some meetups can be dissapointing
ToucanDo App - Making new friends near you. This is mainly for girls looking to widen their social circle of female friends in their area to do stuff with.

Yeneff3r

There is Barclays Front Row in the Donmar Warehouse theatre. The tickets are released every Monday morning online and it's a 'first come - first served' system but you can get a ticket for a great performance for £10. My fiance and I saw Coriolanus this way and we absolutely loved it. We have a friend who is trying to get tickets for every play in that theatre and she usually manage to see most of them (or it seems from her Facebook comments haha) Worth trying.

sim667

Licking windows on the 303 bus.
There is Barclays Front Row in the Donmar Warehouse theatre. The tickets are released every Monday morning online and it's a 'first come - first served' system but you can get a ticket for a great performance for £10. My fiance and I saw Coriolanus this way and we absolutely loved it. We have a friend who is trying to get tickets for every play in that theatre and she usually manage to see most of them (or it seems from her Facebook comments haha) Worth trying.
I saw the NT production of Coriolanus when it was broadcast to cinemas, it was excellent.

spliff

Just got this in an email and thought I'd pass it on...
We are delighted to have additional tickets, over a number of time slots from this evening 7th Dec at 6pm to 11th Dec at 7pm, for a free ice skating session in Winterville 2015 - Victoria Park London.

Winterville is turning on the magic this winter with its very own sparkling outdoor Ice Rink. Real ice is real nice and there is 600 square metres of it creating memorable magic moments for family, friends, colleagues and lovers (!) alike.

For more information and to download tickets go to showfilmfirst.com and enter the code: 413933

hash tag

chillin
I was going to post that place under the great Chistmas rip ofs. You have to pay to get in, suffer crushes similar to the tube in the rush hour and then have to pay a small fortune for a naff burger and incipid glass of something they try and pass off as mulled wine.

hash tag

chillin
I believe that organ recitals in the likes of Westminster Abbey and St Pauls are free.
I am not sure if this simply means that once you have paid your humoungous admission charge the recital is free
or the admission charge is waived. I am also not sure if this will leave you free to wander around the place or not.
Anyone know more about this; I hope to test this soon!