1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*Cheap/free London!

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by Cloo, Sep 23, 2003.

1. friendofdorothy

friendofdorothy it is so much worse than Thatcherism now

Thank you sounds interesting.

2. hash tag

hash tag Well-Known Member

Unlike the Shard, it is free. Also, you can still walk round all 360 degrees and views are good. The Shard turns everything into tiny minatures, people looking like ants etc. Worth the booking hassle.

friendofdorothy likes this.
  3. sim667

sim667 Licking windows on the 303 bus.

Im in london for a work thing tomorrow till 5..... I don't suppose anyone knows about any fun stuff happening after?

4. Mandy224

Mandy224 New Member

Meetup - Meeting new people as a group. This is interest based and can be quite good. Although some meetups can be dissapointing
    ToucanDo App - Making new friends near you. This is mainly for girls looking to widen their social circle of female friends in their area to do stuff with.

5. sim667

Where do I sign up for this quintessentially british past time?

6. Yeneff3r

Yeneff3r New Member

There is Barclays Front Row in the Donmar Warehouse theatre. The tickets are released every Monday morning online and it's a 'first come - first served' system but you can get a ticket for a great performance for £10. My fiance and I saw Coriolanus this way and we absolutely loved it. We have a friend who is trying to get tickets for every play in that theatre and she usually manage to see most of them (or it seems from her Facebook comments haha) Worth trying.

7. sim667

I saw the NT production of Coriolanus when it was broadcast to cinemas, it was excellent.

8. Yeneff3r

Yeneff3r New Member

Oh yes, if you don't get a ticket you can watch amazing productions in a cinema. Non just London of course :)

sim667 likes this.
  9. hash tag

Always free and always worth a trip, London has some superb cemetarys The Friends of Kensal Green Cemetery
    Kensal Green Cemetery - Links

I think I shall go and pay my respects to the Brunel's amongst others this weekend at one of the "magnificent seven", Kensel Green. They are generally a haven of peace and great for wildlife.

10. spliff

spliff New Member

Just got this in an email and thought I'd pass it on...

11. hash tag

I was going to post that place under the great Chistmas rip ofs. You have to pay to get in, suffer crushes similar to the tube in the rush hour and then have to pay a small fortune for a naff burger and incipid glass of something they try and pass off as mulled wine.