1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*Cheap/free London!

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by Cloo, Sep 23, 2003.

1. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Latest freebies wih John Lewis card. Its free to sign up, me thinks and just got voucers for free tea and cake once a month for next few months

Hellsbells likes this.
  2. abcdmedia

abcdmedia New Member

I wanted to mention to you the great time that can be had on a Tuesday evening in New Cross at the Amersham Arms. I'm not a Jazz fan but have been recording a number of gigs for the SE Collective and have to say that the standard of musicianship has been absolutely breath-taking week after week, actually quite an experience, very original acts, worth having a look at. I think they need to do a lot more work in marketing their events which they have been holding for just over two years now. Please take a look at their site http://secollective.blogspot.co.uk/ You can also hear some of the gigs I have recorded there, a list that will grow via this link http://andandand.tripod.com/livemusic.htm

3. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Sorry, forgot this one. Free cuppa's to be had at Twinings in the Strand. If you go to the far end of the shop on the right,
    they will happily give you a sample of a freshly made cuppa to try.

Pat24 and Greebo like this.
  4. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Went to Kenwood House yesterday. It was free. Recently reopened great collection of paintings by some noted and less noted artists and no barriers all around the place. Artists that spring to mind were Rembrandt (another self portrait), Landseer, Turner, Constable, Reynolds, Gainsborough, Vermeer Etc. Etc.

A great collection of art, furniture and armour closer to central London is the Wallace Collection. That too is free.

Greebo likes this.
  5. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

http://www.urban75.net/forums/threads/supermarkets-middle-class-customer-revolt.318961/

Oh dear, perhaps I should have said nothing about the Waitrose freebies, said with tail firmly between legs :facepalm:

6. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

7. Rutita1

Rutita1 Perfectly Flawed

8. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

For freebies; some places will accept carers for free. I don't know who they considered the carer and who was the cared for,
    but Wisley just did me two for one as the considered me or my ma in law a carer!

9. Paula SMith

Paula SMith New Member

The RAF Museum, National Army Museum, British Museum, Saatchi Gallery, National Gallery, Tate Modern & Tate Britain are all free - and indoors.

10. MrSki

MrSki Who am I to say you're wrong

If anyone is looking for something to do in the sunshine then this is on today.
    [​IMG]

Greebo likes this.
  11. clicker

clicker nanook rubs it....

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/campaign/our-events
    A few London bus garages are opening their doors on various Saturdays in the next month or so. Vintage vehicles etc , family activities and buses for kids (and big people) to have a clamber about.

krtek a houby, hash tag and MrSki like this.
  12. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

Anything good to see/do this weekend?

13. clicker

clicker nanook rubs it....

Nigel likes this.
  14. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

15. Manuka

Manuka Active Member

image.jpg In addition to the Urban Art Fair in Brixton, come to Stanley Halls in SE25 for a free art exhibition in the 'real 'hood'!

196 will drop you straight outside the Halls. Overground to Norwood Junction and it's a 3min walk! Come and check it out...

Thimble Queen likes this.
  16. friendofdorothy

friendofdorothy it is so much worse than Thatcherism now

Anything cheap /free coming up in August - I have two 17 year olds visiting me from oop north, aug 7 for a a few days.
    All ideas welcome...

17. bacterium

bacterium Active Member

Greebo, colacubes and cesare like this.
  18. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

19. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

How cheap do you want things?
    Ive just had a quick spin on the outdoor gym on Clapham Common and note the equipment has USB sockets for charging devices.

20. pseudonarcissus

pseudonarcissus fluttering and dancing

if you pedal really fast does your phone charge in half the time?

21. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

I sure it would.

22. Riklet

Riklet procrastinación

I'm in london the next few days.

Where's good for checking out listings? I was gonna do a few museums, the free-er the better!

Any decent free gigs on either? Ta!

23. MrSki

MrSki Who am I to say you're wrong

24. Riklet

Riklet procrastinación

In london later, central ideas anyone?

25. Kim89

Kim89 New Member

lots of lovely parks. Many of the museums have free entry, though certain exhibitions aren't.

26. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Walkie talkie, 20 fenchurch st is free. Good views, expensive once you are up there for drinks etc. And needs booking in advance.

27. friendofdorothy

But is it free public access without a booking to the top / somewhere high up in the building?

28. Ceej

Ceej Where is my mind?

29. friendofdorothy

bugger - saw this too late! I would have loved that - glad that Gang of Four still alive and playing - I still have 3 of their LPs...

30. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

The ky Garden, 20 Fenchurch St is free, though booking is required two or three days ahead or visit; ID is requested on entry. Once up on top, there is no obligation to spend a penny and you are free to wander around all 360 degrees.