1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*Cheap/free London!

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by Cloo, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Fleursauvage

Fleursauvage Member

The London parks are amazing and free. Hampstead Heath is huge and very beautiful. Holland Park, a hidden gem, quite small compared to Hampstead Heath (or Epping Forest as mentioned before), but there is a Japanese Garden and a lovely café.

Greebo likes this.
  2. gamma globulins

gamma globulins plinky plonky

So now the freelondonlistings has closed and timeout's done a slightly disasterous (feel free to disagree) revamp of their search functions, where else is good for finding event listings in london?

3. TruXta

TruXta Prawn Bokers

http://www.londongigs.net/ for gigs is ok

4. Linzi Louise

Linzi Louise Banned Banned

The Urban Edge Art Event Next Weekend. FREE Amazing Diverse Art crafts childrens face painting taste of the caribbean yummy cup cakes street vibe. great fun for all the family. On Brixton hill just behind the tyre yard. Urban Edge flyer april.jpg

5. Linzi Louise

6. Linzi Louise

The Urban Edge Art Event free great diverse Art Event with Crafts childrens face painting street vibe taste of the caribbean on Brixton Hill just behind the tyre yard

7. Mrs Magpie

Mrs Magpie On a bit of break...

Stop fucking spamming your event all over the shop. You've already been pulled about it by the editor and I'm getting fucking pissed off too. Once more and I'm deleting every post and you're out of here....and I don't give a fuck about the free wine. I bet it's cheap rubbish anyway.

ibilly99 likes this.
  8. Linzi Louise

Does it not say up the top where are there any free event. I was just letting them know. OMG we are only trying to put somthing on for the community free its all non profitable... And everyone who comes really enjoys it. no not cheap wine either i dont drink cheap wine..Id like you to come and see what we are doing for the community I am sure you would enjoy it very much Mrs Magpie...

9. Mrs Magpie

Not fourteen fucking times it doesn't. Remember a lot of very hard work, gratis, free and for nothing, goes into keeping these boards going for the community, and one of those things is keeping these boards spam free.

ibilly99 and Badgers like this.
  10. Linzi Louise

so you wont me to ignore anyone who asks where it is or any infomation on it.. great forum..hope to see you at the event..

11. Belushi

Belushi 01 811 8055 R.I.P.

I liked the look of the urban edge event but like Mrs M the spamming for it has got on my tits now.

12. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

For the community lol.

No one is ever honest that the motivation is PR for their business. I bet they even convince themselves that their giving something back bullshit is why they are doing it.

Only 3 on Linzi's posts aren't related to her gallery. Get the feeling that she is just using the boards for advertising? Of course we do.

Greebo likes this.
  13. Linzi Louise

Pathetic its not a buisness Its an Art Event put on by Artists and crafts people for the community to enjoy, it lifts the depression of the recession and Art is upliting. There is nothing to be profited by it except for the odd sale for a Local Artist or crafts person.. Before you start to put it down please come and see it and then criticise..

14. Linzi Louise

All I am doing is trying to make awareness of a free event for the local artists and crafts people who participate and make a great day for the community that visit.. If that is spamming then I apologise I am only doing my best..

15. Maurice Picarda

Maurice Picarda Actually, might as well flounce.

Uplighting can certainly be artistic. Not sure that the reverse always applies.

Greebo and purenarcotic like this.
  16. purenarcotic

purenarcotic Conveniently Pocket Sized

You're not understanding what is being said to you. You do not need to post the same post over and over and over again to advertise your event. You can post one post and then people can ask specific questions which I'm sure you can then answer.

Nobody is suggesting the event is shite, people don't want to read the same post a million times. Post your poster and leave it at that.

editor and Greebo like this.
  17. Mrs Magpie

You misunderstand. We aren't criticising the event, we are criticising your breathtaking abuse of a free community resource. Both the editor, me (and the community here) are cutting you a lot of slack as any other event so relentlessly spammed would be deleted...the ads for the event remain in spite of your arrogance.

Greebo likes this.
  18. Belushi

Belushi 01 811 8055 R.I.P.

I know you mean well but stop and think why you're beginning to piss people off and why that might stop people coming to your event.

Greebo and Mrs Magpie like this.
  19. Linzi Louise

I can only apologise for the misuse as i only posted once on this page as in answer to someone looking for a free event. if it went up more then once that was not my fault at the start I was not sure how it worked and just posted in a few diffeent forums... if other people have posted the event I can not control that.. And yes I do post a lot but this is not for any profit or benefit to myself it is just to get awareness for the public..

20. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

Urban Edge Gallery is not a business?
    You are not an artist who sells paintings?
    You don't have a website in the hope of attracting commissions?

This free event isn't going to be held at your gallery and thereby raise awareness of the existence of your gallery?

21. Mrs Magpie

God give me fucking patience.

Badgers likes this.
  22. Linzi Louise

It is a pop up gallery not owned by me at all... It is owned by the Van rental who rent is to us artists at a cheap rate so we can hold the free event... Yes I am an Artist and do hope to sell but the event is not just about my Art... It is many participating Artists showing their works..

23. Mrs Magpie

OK, this is the deal. I'll leave your spam up here because you aren't the only artist and it's unfair that your abuse of these boards affects them negatively but you're out of here. Don't fucking darken our doorstep again.

Greebo and Badgers like this.
  24. Linzi Louise

But on a lighter note your all very welcome to come and view the Art on display and I hope it uplifts you all...As this really is our Aim regardless of your views.. on Why the event is being held..And Mrs M you too I have a swear box for your pennies..

25. Mrs Magpie

Asked politely by editor to stop, she goes on and spams the event seventeen times. :facepalm:
    I'm minded to go, take a glass of cheap undrinkable wine and tip it over her empty head. :mad:

Greebo, toggle and MrSki like this.
  26. Mrs Magpie

That's if Drew doesn't get there first and drink it all....

Greebo and Badgers like this.
  27. traveler

traveler Well-Known Member

Holland Park, Is this were the long ago series "As Time Goes By" was suppose to have taken place ?

28. Kailhus

Kailhus New Member

[​IMG]
    "The Trailer TV is a club night and guerilla show rolled into one showcasing talented up and coming artists alongside artists that have already made their mark on the scene. It is first for the underground music scene as we broadcast interviews, videos & sets all completely live from an old lorry trailer next to the Deptford creek, South East London."
    We believe it is a unique opportunity for quality underground musicians to showcase their work and opinions in a fun and unpretentious environment. There is no guestlist, no bullshit and it's free to attend.

Past guests:
    DJ Rashad & DJ Spinn, Rucspin, Slick Shoota, Troy Gunner, Jon1st, Rita Maia, Arkist, Kamikaze Space Programme, Raiden, Breton, Manni Dee, Mowgli, Khing Kang King, Fybe:oops:ne, Blacksmif, Owen Howells, El Prevost, Kwake Bass, Himan, Danglo...

Future guests:
    Roots Manuva, Gang colours, Om Unit, Rick Grant, Last Japan, Eagle for Hands, Boxwork, Duct, Thefft

It's worth checking it out: https://www.facebook.com/TheTrailerTV

The venue is located behind the Big Red bus pizzeria.

We also managed to get you guys some deals on food and drinks. :) More info above !

Xav.

29. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Not events as such but I see walks have already been mentioned....The London Lopp and the Capital Ring are superb walks and are designed to be walked in small bite sized sections. A great way of discovering bits of town you never knew existed.

http://www.walklondon.org.uk/

Open occasionally is the Crystal Palace Museum http://www.crystalpalacemuseum.org.uk/index.html

another off beat museum and one of my faves http://www.testingmuseum.org.uk/

Freebies...Waitrose give a free tea or coffee and paper to card holders.

Greebo likes this.
  30. traveler

traveler Well-Known Member

Hash Tag, Thanks for the info.

hash tag likes this.