Charity shop/ 2nd hand gems

Discussion in 'threads and dreads' started by muvva, Mar 14, 2012.

1. toggle

toggle wobbly

from what i've been told about such apparel, where you would wear them is not the point.

oh crap, i'm taking like him now

Greebo likes this.
  2. toggle

toggle wobbly

monsoon dress.

sleeveless, black bodice and a white skirt. with black flowers on the bottom.

15 quid, but it looks brand new. with a shrug, it will do nicely for my graduation

3. Greebo

Greebo 'scuse me, Mrs May, can I have my country back? R.I.P.

I hate to say it, but you're right, they're either "limo shoes" or "fuck me shoes" (pace Germaine Greer). :oops:

Not terribly feminist, except that I chose to get them with my money and I'll choose when and where to wear them. What the hell, most of my clothes are practical.

4. toggle

toggle wobbly

i am on the lookout for some awesome heels, now i've lost enough weight to not risk breaking my ankles in them (as much).

5. geminisnake

geminisnake a complex mass of conflicting ideas

If they are a thing of beauty and they make you happy it doesn't matter if you have nowhere to wear them :) I have things of beauty too.

Greebo likes this.
  6. Greebo

Got a picture of them. FWIW they're also beautifully finished inside with a very smooth leather sock and lining. :cool:
    peacockshoes.jpg

7. Greebo

Good luck with the search.

8. geminisnake

geminisnake a complex mass of conflicting ideas

I got some suede LK Bennett shoes in the Salvation Army shop a couple of years ago for £3 so good luck toggle :)

Greebo and toggle like this.
  9. Bakunin

Bakunin I am Noodle's bitch.

[​IMG]

'Excellent...'

Greebo likes this.
  10. toggle

toggle wobbly

ffs

Greebo likes this.
  11. Greebo

Oh come on, if he's not allowed to like that who is? ;)

12. toggle

toggle wobbly

because he could just walk from the other room out here to tell me.

kalidarkone and Greebo like this.
  13. Bakunin

Indeed, Madam, indeed.

As for what Ms Toggle sometimes wears under the dress...

Greebo likes this.
  14. toggle

toggle wobbly

ffs

Greebo likes this.
  15. Bakunin

[​IMG]

'Mmmmmmm. Nice...'

likesfish likes this.
  16. toggle

toggle wobbly

did you forget about the tea you were making in the rush to look clever on the internet?

kalidarkone and Greebo like this.
  17. Bakunin

No, I just thought I'd tease you a little by making you beg for it.

Greebo likes this.
  18. 8115

8115 sitting down is bad for you

Gold knitted (but very light fabric) v-neck t-shirt.

Beautiful.

Greebo likes this.
  19. toggle

toggle wobbly

i got some as well, pinky wedge heals, over 4 inches, inch and a half of platform. 50 reduced to 15.

the reaction was somewhat as i'd have expected from the performance above.

recent charity shop finds include a jug blender atatchment for my kenwood for 8 quid. brand new in the box.

Greebo likes this.
  20. Bakunin

Yes, they do go very nicely with the short, skimpy, pink and yellow sundress.

Although we may have to acquire a different coloured dog collar and leash. Just for the sake of a completely matching outfit, obviously.

Greebo and geminisnake like this.
  21. Greebo

Would you be wearing the collar and leash? :hmm:

Miss-Shelf likes this.
  22. Mrs Magpie

Mrs Magpie On a bit of break...

I'd buy those even thought there there's no way I could even get half my foot in those, let along walk in them. I'd just look at them

23. toggle

toggle wobbly

just saw this when i was looking for the thread to post up about my latest find. i was considering chaining him up well away from any computers until he learns to behave.

i got a wool/cashmere coat for 14 quid today, very dark grey, heavy and warm. it was the second coat i tried on, the 16 that i'd tried being absolutely huge on me. so i picked up a 14 in another shop that fitted a lot better.

equationgirl and Greebo like this.
  24. muvva

muvva Well-Known Member

I got an Indigo white furry jacket, a corduroy dress and a gilet for my kids. All at bargain prices :D
    Oh and a big bag of hand me downs for my baby, including autumn coat, winter coat and everyday clothes :)

Greebo likes this.
  25. Greebo

Brilliant! Of course, the great thing about hand me down baby clothes is that they tend to be grown out of long before they're worn out. :cool:

Yuwipi Woman likes this.
  26. Yuwipi Woman

Yuwipi Woman Whack-A-Mole Queen

I've been too poor even to thrift. I have been helping my mother pare down her stuff so I'm getting a lot of stuff thrown my way. I picked up two sheet sets and a wedding ring pattern quilt. She had boxes and boxes of linens, still in the package. People who survived the depression tend to be a bit mental that way. :)

27. 8115

8115 sitting down is bad for you

Two t-shirts today, one red, tight scoop neck, on blue, slightly looser, v-neck. I never have enough t-shirts.

28. stuff_it

stuff_it stirred the primordial soup

I need to hit the charity shops but been ill with flu - perhaps this weekend. Need some new clobber.

29. kalidarkone

kalidarkone Up to my knees in amniotic fluid

A few weeks ago I got an amazing purple chunky knitted cardigan with a tuxedo like knitted collar/ ruff and sleeves for 6 quid, also got a cerise chunky cowl necked short sleeved jumper also for 6 quid:)

Greebo likes this.
  30. Geri

Geri wasn't born to follow

Yesterday I got a pair of Next bootcut jeans for £4.50, and a brown cord jacket with a belt for £4.

Greebo likes this.