Champions League 17/18

Discussion in 'football' started by Maggot, Apr 4, 2018.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Frustration maybe, but not anger. It's not the ref's fault that their player was stupid enough to commit a clear foul in the penalty area.

2. Maggot

Maggot The Cake of Liberty

I don't think it was that clear, especially in real time.

3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Here it is:

4. Maggot

Like I said, not clear at all.

5. S☼I

S☼I Are they supposed to be as sick as you and me?

I didn't see Buffon lay hands on the ref.

6. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Right or wrong, you can't all crowd around the ref like that.

7. S☼I

It happens all the time. Not so much over here, and I don't like it, but it's not unusual elsewhere. Add that to the fact they know the gig's suddenly up for them after seemingly pulling off a miracle and it's an understandable reaction.

sealion and Maggot like this.
  8. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

It should be like rugby. Respect the ref or GTFO. I'm fed up watching millionaires trying to bully refs.

pocketscience likes this.
  9. S☼I

Why does their wealth have any bearing on things?

sealion and Maggot like this.
  10. Reiabuzz

Reiabuzz Banned Banned

What's not clear about it? If that was outside the box it would have been a free kick. Clear foul..

11. Wilf

Wilf Meeting few of his KPIs

It really was a clear foul. Really. But I suspect Buffon might have got away with a yellow had the ref not already been freaked by the rest of them round him. Had it just been him in the ref's face, he'd probably got away with being told not to fuck his final game up and that he was inches away from a red. Ref probably made the right decision, but it would have been equally 'right' if he hadn't sent him off, iyswim.

editor likes this.
  12. The39thStep

The39thStep Well-Known Member

Clear penalty and clear red card.There was no way that Buffon was going to calm down , he'd lost it. Terrible way for Juventus to go out after a magnificent display.

13. Wilf

I was about to add that the yellow probably wouldn't have worked and Buffon would have carried on ranting. Might well have been 2 yellows taking us to the same outcome.

editor likes this.
  14. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

It's all part of the sense of entitlement that goes with superstar primadonnas. If they don't get their way they try to bully the ref into submission and it sets a really bad example to youngsters who look up to these people.

pocketscience, imposs1904 and S☼I like this.
  15. Reiabuzz

Reiabuzz Banned Banned

I’m curious as to how juve are claiming it wasn’t a penalty. What’s the basis for that? What do they think merits a penalty.

editor likes this.
  16. Wilf

Yeah, there are genuinely debateable turning points in key games such as when Nani got sent off for Man U, also against RM for foot up. His momentum mid air took his foot into a Madrid player's guts. Dramatic stuff, but I'd still argue he shouldn't have been sent off as he was looking 180 degrees away from the player throughout the incident. But today, when anybody at Juve is asked why they think it wasn't a penalty would be left with what? Err/Erm/Because/Your Mum?

editor likes this.
  17. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

[​IMG]

He hasn't get any more likeable over the years, has he?

18. The39thStep

The39thStep Well-Known Member

Always hated his narcistic look at me behaviour however he's been a brilliant player , one of the best in the world , and last year he paid the medical bills of those injured in the Portuguese forest fires.

sealion likes this.
  19. Reiabuzz

Reiabuzz Banned Banned

The goalkeeper was sent off for basically threatening GBH, not the guy who kicked the possible goal scorer in the chest.

Buffons last words in European football are ‘the referee must have a rubbish bin in place of his heart’. Sorry, but with all due respect to juve fans and that includes all my other half’s family, what a fucking dick. Apparently Oliver’s already getting the death threat treatment.

Badgers likes this.
  20. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

I didn't notice it myself but a mate watching it live with me said he could clearly read his lips shouting 'vaffanculo' on the ref's face, which you don't need to speak Italian to know the meaning of.

His subsequent comments were quite ludicrous, seemly suggesting because of the admirable effort and achievements Juventus had pulled off during the match, it was just so unfair that the referee should give a penalty against them near the end and should have just ignored the rules of the game. Prick.

Badgers likes this.
  21. Maggot

Best of luck to Liverpool tonight.

Badgers likes this.
  22. belboid

belboid TUC Off Your Knees

time to go get beer

23. sealion

sealion Well-Known Member

I agree
    It's no different down Hackney marshes on a Sunday morning. I have seen a few refs take a clump.

Badgers likes this.
  24. Maggot

There's been so many exciting CL games recently, I predict tonight's one will be rather boring.

25. Maggot

That Marcelo goal - wow!

26. Maggot

Bayern behind due to a dreadful mistake, but only need one goal to go through.

27. Cerberus

Cerberus Uptown top wankin

How the fuck have RM gone through here?

In the KO stages it feels like you have to beat more than the eleven men in the pitch when it comes to this lot (refs, UEFA, media, voodoo etc etc)

Jammy fucking gits

Maggot likes this.